[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Hyundai i30 Fastback N (2019)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
hondasi006
Profile for hondasi006
HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2006 01:38
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
i have a few upgrades on my si and the next step i want to go to is the suspension, but i dont know which is good, i am looking for a descent set up something that will lower the car but also perform good, is that even possible or is it just one or the other. what suspension do you guys prefer

1st HI Si
Profile for 1st HI Si
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2006 01:51
Tien has what most people consider one of the best set ups you can get, lowers the car a good amoutn (1.23 to 1.5 inches i think) and from the reviews that I have read and seeing them on other performance cars they improve the performance of the car as well. The Tien set up you can get a 16 setting adjustable unit, from street to track, from a review I was the softest setting is still slightly harder than stock, they also offer a option so that you can adjust the damper setting form inside the car.
http://www.tein.com/

2JzSupraGTE
Profile for 2JzSupraGTE
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2006 03:15
Im going with the HFP suspension. Its on its way to my house right now! Also, I bought the Comptech front camber. This is the same setup as Poljana.

HFP suspsion from Collegehill - $660
Comptech Cambers - $30

hondasi006
Profile for hondasi006
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2006 14:19
i like the way the tien set up sounds but is there any one here with this set up

BOOMER
Profile for BOOMER
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2006 14:35
If you want something right now, the ASpec is what I would choose. The Tein suspension is very expensive, $1500- 2000+ w/o install. The cockpit adjustable feature is even more, I think. Its been a while since I looked.
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2006 14:37
I have the Tein SS's on an older Civic and I have to say that Im impressed. Great quality construction, excellent ride quality, and they perform well during aggressive driving. Much better than any other seperate spring/shock combo Ive had on the car.

Patrick

1st HI Si
Profile for 1st HI Si
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2006 22:50
BOOMER wrote:
If you want something right now, the ASpec is what I would choose. The Tein suspension is very expensive, $1500- 2000+ w/o install. The cockpit adjustable feature is even more, I think. Its been a while since I looked.

No with out install and with out the in car adjustment they are only like 1,300

BOOMER
Profile for BOOMER
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2006 00:00
1st HI Si wrote:
BOOMER wrote:

No with out install and with out the in car adjustment they are only like 1,300

Thats twice as much as the factory parts. Do you think they are worth that much? Oh, the Tein prices I was quoting was for 350Zs, $2200 w/o install for the dampers and cockpit adjustment! Are you DYIing yours?

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2006 00:00
May I suggest you check out Progress Group's setup. This is the suspension that we helped prototype and develop on Project Si and we've been very happy with the final iteration. The shocks are not adjustable, which keeps the cost down, but the ride handling balance is really quite good, even in our slammed configuration.

If you're not experienced with suspension setup (and most people aren't, no matter what they think), its nice to have a setup that just works right from the get go.

SC

Nighthawk8Gen
Profile for Nighthawk8Gen
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2006 23:35
notyper wrote:
May I suggest you check out Progress Group's setup. This is the suspension that we helped prototype and develop on Project Si and we've been very happy with the final iteration. The shocks are not adjustable, which keeps the cost down, but the ride handling balance is really quite good, even in our slammed configuration.

If you're not experienced with suspension setup (and most people aren't, no matter what they think), its nice to have a setup that just works right from the get go.

SC

I looked thru Progress's website and didn't see any suspension kits for the FG2. Do you know if the kit is available? Thanks.

2006Si
Profile for 2006Si
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-04-2006 01:05
notyper wrote:

SC

How much does it cost? How much lower is the car?

LunchBoxed
Profile for LunchBoxed
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 17:15
I'm thinking about going w/ the HFP suspension and a Progress rear sway...I've heard this is an excellent combination for the $$$.

But first, I think I'm gonna look into the Progress Group's setup cause I hadn't heard anything about it until I found this thread.

LunchBoxed
Profile for LunchBoxed
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 17:30
Notyper, I have been looking around a bit for the Progress Group's setup, but I'm not certain that I've found it. What's all included in the setup???

I've seen some articles concerning their coil-overs and anti-roll bar, but I haven't seen prices. If u could provide a site with some more info. and numbers I'd greatly appreciate it.

MR.Honda
Profile for MR.Honda
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 18:22
I would Suggest going with the Honda HFP kit... For a few reasons. #1- the 06 Si is still so new that aftermarket guys havn't really had time to see any kind of long term effects that their new systems might cause. #2- because honda created this kit specifically for that car. and #3- I'm guessing that your car is still under warranty and aftermarket suspension kits will most likely void your warranty on your suspension, thus leading back to #1.

-just my two cents

tmac1221
Profile for tmac1221
Re: HELP!!!! searching for 06 si aftermarket suspension    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 19:06
If I buy the HFP suspension could I install it myself or does it have to be done by the dealer?, i.e. alignment and what not. And obviously I don't have a lift in my garage, would that be a problem? or could you just do one wheel at a time?

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0