[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Honda recalling 232,000 2018 Accords and 2019 Insights for rear camera software update
2019 Accord arriving in showrooms by November
Is a base trim of the Civic Type R finally arriving for MY 2019? (More MY2019 info inside)
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: TSX @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My TLX so far
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: European CO2 madness and why electromobility is pointless
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "2019 Toyota Supra Is a BMW Parts Bin Car"
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla’s Model 3 Is Becoming One of America’s Best-Selling Sedans
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Model Release Matrix?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Fixing SH-AWD
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CR-V Hybrid 4wd iMMD
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: BMW Drops 3-Series Manual Globally... Audi A4 too...
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA finale
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic Accessories
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Goodbye TL-S 6MT
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > August Desktop Calendar Now Available > > Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL?????

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2006 21:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Is the Turbo Honda is using their own developement, or is made by another manufacture and Honda buys it??
cat in the baby
Profile for cat in the baby
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2006 23:09
here's another question for ya...tell me that little white plastic clip at the bottom of the picture isnt to hold one of those archaic metal arms to prop the hood open...i dont see why honda still has those, that, and the goose hinged trunks..
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2006 00:37
Yep. Welcome to 2003.

fochtis
Profile for fochtis
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2006 02:05
Honda (Germany) saying is, that there is no possibility to get a 3star pedestrian protection rating with a gas opener.
I don't know how it is in the new Legend (Europe get it now!). The car will come to us the next 2 weeks.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2006 11:01
Wait! Nobody has ansewred my question yet! How about it!
zapata
Profile for zapata
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2006 11:31
HONDA AFVM wrote:

I think it's Mitsubishi and Honda working together.

Varmint
Profile for Varmint
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2006 12:47
zapata wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

I think it's Mitsubishi and Honda working together.

Aisin and Honda.

I think Mitsubishi is often mentioned because Aisin is the primary turbo supplier for them.

wingman
Profile for wingman
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2006 17:50
What is a "gas opener"?
TraXtaR614
Profile for TraXtaR614
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2006 18:27
A gas filled strut used to lift a hood/trunk and hold it there. imagine a relly long, really thing shock. on end attached to the hood, the other to the cars frame.
wingman
Profile for wingman
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2006 23:50
I typically call it a strut, a hood strut or something else. Never heard of the term "gas opener". Thanks for clarifying :)
klui_188
Profile for klui_188
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-05-2006 10:35
You mean... Aishin AW??
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-07-2006 17:51
wingman wrote:
I typically call it a strut, a hood strut or something else. Never heard of the term "gas opener". Thanks for clarifying :)

keep in mind that we have people posting here from all over the globe and not everybody's first language is English. Due to the context of the conversation I knew exactly what "fochtis" was talking about though I'd never heard them referred to as "gas openers" before. I also found it very interesting to hear that the Honda Germany folks are saying that Honda couldn't achieve their pedestrian safety targets with gas struts.

Mystic Image
Profile for Mystic Image
Re: QUESTION JEFF OR NEAL????? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2006 22:06
It may have something to do with the pedestrian safety standards regarding distance between engine components and the hood. They require a larger distance between those parts in order to provide a 'crush zone' of sorts. Some manufacturers are implementing this using explosives to lift the hood up just before the pedestrian strikes - but I'm not sure whether Honda has gone this route. In such a case, the struts might interfere with that operation...

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0