[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: ***SPOILER*** German GP (MotoGP)

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
***SPOILER*** German GP (MotoGP)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2006 19:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Dani eclipsed his 4th pole position of the season. With Kenny 2nd and Nicky in 3rd. Rossi was back in 8th. Now to the race...

The top 3 all got good starts and held station, Rossi made up one place quickly and started to move forward. For the first few laps it was a 7 bike train, with Dani, Roberts, Hayden, Tamada, Melandri, Rossi and Capirossi. Hayden was leading the race for quite a few laps and then Melandri started to make a move up. Rossi eventually got by Roberts and was battling with Tamada for 4th, passing him and then Tamada passing him back. Rossi then made his favorite overtaking point on the track after the long downhill into the left braking zone stick and held onto 4th. On the next lap or so Roberts went in way too hot and lost the front end on his bike sliding right into the side of Tamada taking him out as well. Meanwhile Rossi was pressuring Hayden for 3rd and Melandri jumped into 1st. Rossi got by Hayden and then attacked Dani and then Melandri to claw into 1st. He held onto 1st for pretty much the rest of the race, one time Melandri took it on the next to last lap, but Rossi retook the lead. Hayden for most of the last 1/3 of the race was trying to find a way past Dani, but this circuit doesn't have many great overtaking opportunities. Eventually he got by when Dani went a little wide, this actually let Melandri and Hayden by as earlier Dani overtook Melandri for 2nd. In the end, the top 4 were seperated by only .3 seconds. It was an amazing race to say the least.

Rossi before the race actually said he was worried about the championship this season and I think he rode that way in this race, full of determination. For most of the weekend he was just not on the pace whatsoever really.

Hayden maintains his 26 point lead in the championship, but now leads Rossi not Dani by this amount, Dani is a further 3 points back. Next race is Laguna on Sunday and Nicky really needs to win this race, he felt good going into this race, looked good all weekend from the onset, unlike most weekends where on Friday he is not right on the pace. Before the race on the grid, he said he thinks he has a really good shot to win it. It didn't pan out. But if he can win the next race in Laguna, he would have to finish the remaining 6 races afterwards in at least 2nd and he will win the championship by 1 point if Rossi finishes 2nd next weekend and wins the remaining 6 races. A tall order for sure, but he has been the most consistent rider all season, finishing 8 of 10 times on the podium, of course some more wins would of been nice.

bboule
Profile for bboule
Re: ***SPOILER*** German GP (MotoGP)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2006 22:09
Watching F1 and MotoGP back to back today really drove it home...

F1 Sucks compared to MotoGP!

The top 4 places were separated by 0.3 seconds at the end of the race... they were never more then 1 second apart the whole race with the exception of Rossi at the very beginning of the race.

More lead changes then the entire F1 season so far???

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: ***SPOILER*** German GP (MotoGP)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 03:27
Actually pretty much most of the top-level road-racing series are more exciting than F1 now. A1GP for e.g. features plenty of overtaking, especially with that 30hp extra from the powerboost button feature (available 10 times in a race, provided for overtaking). It really shows the different personality of the drivers as some will be powerboost button-happy and will use up all their quota of 10 right at the beginning of the race while the better ones carefully conserve their powerboost and use it to hold off overtaking attempts later in the race. Actually all of the ideas being thrown around to change F1 are already being implemented in A1GP, the mandatory pit-stop, the single spec engine and tyres, standard chassis, etc. If I want to watch a REAL top level spec-racing series, I'll watch A1GP because Malaysia as a team is competing and we just got P5 in the championship in our first year of competing. And to cap it off, A1GP is so friendly to the fans and the local media.

The other top road racing series would be my all time favourite, the Super-GT. It's a pity the California race has been cancelled this year. I really wonder why because GT-A's avowed objective is to expand to the international market and they treat the US market very very seriously. Anyway, this racing series features top racing drivers and very close fights. And to cap it off, they are extremely fan friendly, pit walkabouts will see the drivers coming out to greet the fans, to take photos and to give autographs. Some teams even take their car out and put it on the pit-stop box, of course with proper rope barriers around it, so that pit-walkabout fans can take close up photos.

There is a whole world of contrast between F1 and all the other top-level racing series. But right now, it is true that F1 is really the pinnacle of road-racing because F1 cars are truly the fastest amongst any cars around the Sepang circuit - and I have a chance to compare their lap times directly. The closest is still A1GP with lap times in the 1' 50" while F1 is 1' 30+". But when this speed advantage goes, the attractiveness of the series will similarly go as well. I am not interested to root for a team just because of a driver, I'd rather root for a team because of the country.

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: ***SPOILER*** German GP (MotoGP)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 03:31
Having said all that, I thought Rossi seems to be really incredible this race. From P11 on the starting grid, he actually managed to win the race and this I feel says a lot about his sheer riding ability. It's a real pity he's an 'enemy' because I feel no-one can really argue against his sheer skills and abilities. However, I have to admit I didn't stay up to watch the delayed telecast yesterday night (it was telecasted after midnight, because the prime spot was occupied by F1). I'll be watching the re-telecast again though.
Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: ***SPOILER*** German GP (MotoGP)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 07:22
I caught the last 4 laps... damn TIVO did not work...??!!

The last 4 laps even had my girlfriend excited. Again, it seems to me that Nicky is fast enough but does not take the chances others do. Its fine for now. After all he is attempting to protect his championship lead.

Its seems if Rossi has a chance, he has a victory. The man is not of this world. In motor sports it's just about impossible to see this type of domination. Remember he still has a broken hand... it does not heal that quickly.

Damn that man... he is just too good. Nicky still IMO needs luck to win this. I feel it will be between him and Rossi. Menandri could spoil it. Maybe Honda will have something to say about it if it comes down to giving orders. Rossi could DNF in Laguna... I know its sad but it seems we need something like that. Anyway, hopefully NH steps up his game just a bit more. He needs some more wins to add enough cushion to his lead.

bboule
Profile for bboule
Re: ***SPOILER*** German GP (MotoGP)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 08:59
Sounds like Rossi's bike was better then you would think from his qualifying position.. they were able to fix something & make some improvements in between qualifying & the race.

That and the ease of overtaking on bikes explains why he has been able to continually shoot up to the front from a bad qualifying position.

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: ***SPOILER*** German GP (MotoGP)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 09:55
I think what I've heard is that the Yamaha hasn't been working well with the super-sticky one-lap qualifying tires and that's why they've been having problems qualifying well. This weekend though Rossi was clearly struggling with the race tires too but somehow managed to get it together.

That was some great cliffhanger, nail-biter racing. Nicky's got 3 more tracks that suit him coming up, he needs to win probably 2 of them to really solidify his title hopes. I hope that when he gets a chance to do some testing that he can put the new HRC parts to good use to close out the season strong.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0