[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Driveô
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2006 09:38
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
So..

How's about them midlands?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2006 09:49
floundericiousMI wrote:
So..

How's about them midlands?

good grief. This is difficult to observe because I know the team's working their butts off and to have things not working out must be extremely difficult to accept. At least this year the setbacks seem to be our own doing rather than as the result of some BS politics. We can't be angry if we only have ourselves to blame.

Bathory666
Profile for Bathory666
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2006 10:24
I never thought I'd be saying this, but I don't think I'm going to watch the next couple of races. Not because I'm a "fair-weather fan" or have stopped supporting the team, but frankly, all this is doing for me lately is putting me in a sour mood on my day off.

Before this race, I would have been happy with a points finish as evidence that things are finally turning around. Now I just want to see them finish, period.

Disturbing and sad...like watching a loved one losing their mind.

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2006 10:47
Wow, looks like we hit rock bottom even earlier than I thought. I have to embarassingly admit that I only watch a couple of laps. Then my brother came over and we went out for dinner with our families and our parents. Never had any regret or hesitation switching the live telecast off. It was only lap 5 or so and already RB was looking as slow as a tortoise, holding everyone up. So I knew the race can only end in tears. I suppose the only good thing I can say of this race is that now that we have hit rock bottom, there's no other way to go but up. Of course there's something even worse... we might just stay there, at rock bottom !! Good Grief, perish the thought !!!!

Must remain positive... must remain positive.... :P (nothing left but humour.... :) ).

magueto
Profile for magueto
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2006 13:06
I donít even bother to wake up to watch the race; I prefer to see the results....period. My support to the team will be there, but I donít going to sacrifice my only true rest day to see a pathetic performance from the team.

VTEC_Inside
Profile for VTEC_Inside
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2006 13:18
First race all year I didn't bother to wake up to watch. Glad I didn't seeing as how neither finished... :(
gruffalo
Profile for gruffalo
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2006 13:31
call me masochistic, i stuck around to watch (ok, i taped, fast forwarded, etc).. shoulda known when RB seemed to go backwards.. Was wishfully thinking JB could have mowed thru the field, but 12th was best before he retired... ah well, beter luck next time...
floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2006 15:11
Jeff wrote:
At least this year the setbacks seem to be our own doing rather than as the result of some BS politics. We can't be angry if we only have ourselves to blame.

Reading from Jenson (first portion) and Rubens' comments, they agree...

The car is feeling reasonable and the balance is there, it's just a lack of overall speed. That comes from engine power and downforce, and that's what we're lacking at the moment, along with reliability. It's massively frustrating, not just for me, but the whole team who have worked so hard this weekend."

Barrichello completed a dismal weekend dismal weekend for the Japanese squad, the Brazilian also retiring with an engine-related problem just 19 laps into the race.

"It's difficult to know at the moment what the problem was but it looks like the engine because there was a lot of smoke and I lost all the power," he said. "We were hoping for a better pace in the race but the whole weekend has just not gone as planned which is very sad.

"I believe in this team and we will react to this. I am very concentrated and motivated, and I really believe that we will turn the corner. We have to keep our feet on the ground, keep our motivation high and keep working at it."

Get to work boys...you looked like hell this weekend!

OldCivic92Lover
Profile for OldCivic92Lover
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2006 17:23
We have a competition here: To my opinion the worst race ever for Honda.

Aguri will be faster?

I watch the race, the death have some sweetness. You remember the times...

fasthonda
Profile for fasthonda
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 02:37
"The car is feeling reasonable and the balance is there, itís just a lack of overall speed. That comes from engine power and downforce, and thatís what weíre lacking at the moment, along with reliability. Itís massively frustrating, not just for me, but the whole team who have worked so hard this weekend.Ē -Jenson Button
So the Honda engine is not performing-aside from the reliabilty problems,SO WHAT HAVE HONDA BEEN DOING !?!?!?.One of the top Engine manufacturers in the world and yet a piddly engine company like Cosworth is running "rings" around the mighty HONDA !to quote a famous TV character -Oh,the Pain !!! :(

underpressure
Profile for underpressure
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 06:41
magueto wrote:
I donít even bother to wake up to watch the race; I prefer to see the results....period. My support to the team will be there, but I donít going to sacrifice my only true rest day to see a pathetic performance from the team.

I think you got the right idea

Couldn't sleep last night, so I decided around 4am to get some work done and wait for the race at 7:30am. by 7:30am sleep started to kick in, normally I fight it and watch the entire race but, I started loosing interest because it started to look like a typical race with MS in front and when RB lost his engine I just said screw it because I knew I wasn't going to miss anything interesting. All the F1 sites proved me right.

You know, I always supported Honda in F1 since I started watching in the mid 90ís, those were the days of Prost Mugen Honda. When B.A.R came out and struggled they had my support but when it came to competition at the front I supported McLaren. Honda still has my support regardless of where they finish on the grid but honestly Iím sick and tiered of turning the TV on to see Honda finish mid-pack, this mixed with McLarenís lack of pace, makes me feel like watching F1 at this point is a waste of time. I havenít missed a race since 2002 (I think) but after the past few races and the one today, I just donít see the point of going beyond results on the internet.

Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 07:36
The car is feeling reasonable and the balance is there, it's just a lack of overall speed. That comes from engine power and downforce, and that's what we're lacking at the moment, along with reliability.

WTF? This just about covers the entire car. Ok, there are other factors like tires, suspension etc. However, not having reliability power and aero efficiency is quite a mountain to overcome.

There seems to be other issues than just with the car. This team needs to regroup. Its sad to watch but we are falling down, its a slow, awkward and painful fall and I am not convinced we have hit bottom.

The only motivating factor I find is that the team is still sticking together and not pointing fingers at each other. Jobs have been lost though and the team does not seem to have all the personnel in place to improve; or not that I know of.

I was actually happy to see Ferrari doing well. We need some sort of a battle in the championship. I think we need a DNF from Alonso to put this title chase into a spin. Flabio is the only reason I dislike Renault. Ferrari has definitely impressed me with their resolve. The team is impressive. They use impeccable strategy if they dont have the outright speed to beat what seems an unbeatable combination of the Renault and Alonso.

bboule
Profile for bboule
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 08:56
"The car is feeling reasonable and the balance is there, it's just a lack of overall speed. That comes from engine power and downforce, and that's what we're lacking at the moment, along with reliability."

Translation to American English:

The car just sucks.. someone replaced our engines with Hyundais!

More seriously.. has Honda gone backwards or have all the other teams just steadily gotten faster while Honda has been stuck with very little improvement.. Honda didn't look nearly so bad earlier in the season.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 11:45
I think the other teams have gotten better and Honda hasn't.

I think the base Honda car isn't as good aerodynamically.

rvittori
Profile for rvittori
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 12:02
Our engine sucks guys. Anyone notice that all of the other engines rev past 19000 but the Honda doesn't. Add to that the Aero is off and we have Toro Rosso ahead of us.

I bet the new SA06 from Super Aguri gives us a run in a few weeks.

I'm depressed.

timstr
Profile for timstr
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 13:35
Honda first needs to know what exactly the problem areas are and then think about how to fix them.

I have a feeling they are not even sure about why they are slow. Otherwise they would not have been caught off-guard in Magny-Cours....

Their performance was absolutely appalling!!!
Toro Rosso in an old car showing them a clean pair of heels.....very, very embarrissing for a team like Honda.

Oh and ehrrm.. I am tired of Nick Fry's pep talks.
I read at F1total.com that there is a rivalry for power between him and Otmar Szafnauer.

I also read at speedtv.com that the Magny Cours aero package was supposed to bring a 5% gain in efficiency. Instead it was only 2%, and that Barichello was against its introduction.

So the tunnel they are raving about is not yet correlated to the track.
As Nakamoto said a while ago, the results from the can only be used in earnest (trustworthy data) by the end of the year.......

Sorry for the rant!

timstr
Profile for timstr
Re: French GP - open thread (spoilers)    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2006 14:07
timstr wrote:
Honda first needs to know what exactly the problem areas are and then think about how to fix them.

I have a feeling they are not even sure about why they are slow. Otherwise they would not have been caught off-guard in Magny-Cours....

Their performance was absolutely appalling!!!
Toro Rosso in an old car showing them a clean pair of heels.....very, very embarrissing for a team like Honda.

Oh and ehrrm.. I am tired of Nick Fry's pep talks.
I read at F1total.com that there is a rivalry for power between him and Otmar Szafnauer.

I also read at speedtv.com that the Magny Cours aero package was supposed to bring a 5% gain in efficiency. Instead it was (correction:) a 2% loss, and that Barichello was against its introduction.

So the tunnel they are raving about is not yet correlated to the track.
As Nakamoto said a while ago, the results from the can only be used in earnest (trustworthy data) by the end of the year.......

Sorry for the rant!

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0