[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: dearth of tov postings on usgp/practice/qualy/perhaps even race..

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Honda surprise at USGP?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-30-2006 21:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Surprisingly, AD is tops in practice... publicity stunt or did they get their setup right?
330R
Profile for 330R
Re: Honda surprise at USGP?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-30-2006 21:11
Too early to say, but I was thinking about this earlier, and I figure the lack of Renault running, and the fact that Robert Kubica doesn't know this circuit could be part of the answer.

Guess I'm being a bit cautious in my optimism. But yeah, good on Ant and Honda for their showing today. Let's hope they continue the good results into FP3 and Qualy tomorrow.

stuman
Profile for stuman
Re: Honda surprise at USGP?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-01-2006 01:42
Probably not! I think Anthony running on higher rev and on fumes just to get on the top of time sheet. I think he did it on the last 10 minutes of the practice.
Honda power is reasonable as you can see with lower downforce configuration with SA they have impressive top speed. Ra106 on the other hand has been lacking grip which necesitate them to run higher downforce to make up for it. JB and RB times are respectable on the infield but the top speed was way down.
I'll rather eat my word and have honda do well.
I will be happy if they are not dropping behind the BMW

stuman
Profile for stuman
Re: Honda surprise at USGP?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-01-2006 14:02
Finally speedTV showing live qualifying.
Well honda showing some speed here and mclaren surprisingly struggle a bit as montoya didn't qualify on top ten.
Well, in Indy with a lot of passing chance probably qualifying position not as important as actual race pace.
4th and 7th not bad
Wow Ferrari just blistering fast

Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Spoilers included    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-01-2006 14:15
VE TABLE - Driver Teams Time lap
1 M. Schumacher (GER) Ferrari 1:10.832 22
2 F. Massa (BRA) Ferrari 1:11.435 23
3 G. Fisichella (ITA) Renault 1:11.920 27
4 R. Barrichello (BRA) Honda 1:12.109 29
5 F. Alonso (ESP) Renault 1:12.449 26
6 J. Villeneuve (CAN) BMW 1:12.479 26
7 J. Button (GBR) Honda 1:12.523 29
8 R. Schumacher (GER) Toyota 1:12.795 29
9 K. Raikkonen (FIN) McLaren 1:13.174 31
10 N. Heidfeld (GER) BMW 1:15.280 16

11 J. Montoya (COL) McLaren 1:12.150 12
12 M. Webber (AUS) Williams 1:12.292 13
13 S. Speed (USA) Toro Rosso 1:12.792 14
14 C. Albers (NED) Midland 1:12.854 9
15 T. Monteiro (POR) Midland 1:12.864 9
16 C. Klien (AUT) Red Bull 1:12.925 12

17 D. Coulthard (GBR) Red Bull 1:13.180 6
18 T. Sato (JPN) Super Aguri 1:13.496 6
19 J. Trulli (ITA) Toyota 1:13.787 3
19 N. Rosberg (GER) Williams 1:13.506 7
21 V. Liuzzi (ITA) Toro Rosso 1:14.041 10
22 F. Montagny (FRA) Super Aguri 1:16.036 4
Bridgestone Michelin

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Honda surprise at USGP?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-01-2006 15:34
Must've been the o-ring. Or maybe it was all that extra running with no traffic last year...

SC

stuman wrote:

Wow Ferrari just blistering fast

gruffalo
Profile for gruffalo
Re: dearth of tov postings on usgp/practice/qualy/perhaps even race..    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-01-2006 22:18
I always check in TOV for the chatter during a race weekend.. wow... the silence... I guess the bandwagon is indeed emptying out its seats...plus, many watched England lose in penalties (why do games have to be decided by penalties?)..and Mad Max's proposals, to many already suggesting Honda's exit is inevitable.

Are we all jaded that we cant rile up slightest enthusiasm for RB in front of FA on grid? (yea yea, we always go backwards in race, renault's superior launch, etc etc)..

330R
Profile for 330R
Re: dearth of tov postings on usgp/practice/qualy/perhaps even race..    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-02-2006 00:04
Well, I can only speak for myself, but my enthusiasm is tempered because I've been bitten too many times by getting excited, only to be deflated 90 minutes later.

I figure Alonso is carrying more fuel. Also, although Jenson has maintained or gained position in recent starts, Rubens has maintained or fallen back. I'll let the results to the talking, and look for the team to build on those. I don't have to post on TOV to show I'm a fan of Honda, and Honda Racing F1.

:)

revvin
Profile for revvin
Re: dearth of tov postings on usgp/practice/qualy/perhaps even race..    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-02-2006 01:26
now is the time to keep our mouths closed, and speak with actions.
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: dearth of tov postings on usgp/practice/qualy/perhaps even race..    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-02-2006 10:58
I totally agree. No more 'Mr optimistic Nick' (no, not me but rather a nickname given by Pitpass.com) talking about how we can win every race. Time to shut up and deliver. In some ways we should have some quiet, unspoken optimism. I think Indy represents about the best chance we have of upping our game and redeeming ourselves. Michelin has been ultra-conservative for this race, obviously to avoid a recurrence of what happened last year. I think this has worked to our favour. The tyres are now the limiting factor in the top Michelin teams (the weakest link theory) and it seems might be adversely impacting Renault and McLaren, bringing their performance down. Meanwhile, Honda's overall perforamance might be closer to the limit of the Michelins. This serves to bring us closer to the top teams and probably further away from the slower ones. HF1 was expressing a nice surprise at how easy it was for them to go into Q3. At Canada, Button barely got through (he was the last qualifier into Q3) and even that, he had to do a last minute kamikaze with an emtpy tank.

So cross our fingers, keep our mouths shut and let's hope for the best.

Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: dearth of tov postings on usgp/practice/qualy/perhaps even race..    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-02-2006 12:46
I've never liked to predict races. The reason the enthusiasm is low for me is that history shows that we need to be cautiously optimistic. In recent races we've fallen back even if we have qualified well. If our race pace is not strong here we will be passed easily. This is the best track for passing thus far. The Maclarens seem ominous too. They see they don't have the outright speed so they are going for average speed.

Furthermore, we don't have that much to be happy about. We were the clear 2nd best team at the start of the season. Now we don't even know where we are.

kidoairaku
Profile for kidoairaku
Re: dearth of tov postings on usgp/practice/qualy/perhaps even race..    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-02-2006 18:03
I had a bit of enthusiasm in the start of the season, now I'm just watching for the sake of watching... Its not that Honda isn't winning, its the mundane F1 bug that hits around mid season where it just gets kinda boring to watch... motogp, SCCA has really started to take priority for me. same problems with F1 year after year... no passing, no head to head racing. each year its "All New", each year its the same.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0