[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
More.......................
American Honda Reports October Sales
More.......................
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
More.......................
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
More.......................
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
More.......................
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
More.......................
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
More.......................
Repair and Maintenance --> Re: 06 odessy spark plug tube leak
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Valve adjustment needed?
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Hydrogen Power coming back into focus?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Honda's Hawk: LSR-Attempt Bike
Join Discussion......
Honda Power Equipment --> Re: Considering a Honda mower
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: 2022 TLX FR plank
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Super GT - spoiler
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Roof rails and cross bars installed -- MDX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Politician's cars
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My TLX so far
Join Discussion......
Accord --> 2019 Accord Release Info
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: First Batch - Lemons ???

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Colin
Profile for Colin
Where it the TOV review of the RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2006 12:59
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hi Jeff, are you guys on vacation? Didn't the press embargo come off on the 1st? I guess I'm used to seeing you guys have your reviews up at 12:01AM!
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Where it the TOV review of the RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2006 13:38
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Colin wrote:
Hi Jeff, are you guys on vacation? Didn't the press embargo come off on the 1st? I guess I'm used to seeing you guys have your reviews up at 12:01AM!


Sorry, but Acura didn't invite us to any of the press events so we haven't driven it yet.

Colin
Profile for Colin
Re: Where it the TOV review of the RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2006 15:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Jeff wrote:
Colin wrote:
Hi Jeff, are you guys on vacation? Didn't the press embargo come off on the 1st? I guess I'm used to seeing you guys have your reviews up at 12:01AM!


Sorry, but Acura didn't invite us to any of the press events so we haven't driven it yet.



Really! What did you do!??? Are you in the "doghouse"?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Where it the TOV review of the RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2006 16:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Colin wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Colin wrote:
Hi Jeff, are you guys on vacation? Didn't the press embargo come off on the 1st? I guess I'm used to seeing you guys have your reviews up at 12:01AM!


Sorry, but Acura didn't invite us to any of the press events so we haven't driven it yet.



Really! What did you do!??? Are you in the "doghouse"?



I have no clue. I guess they figured that they didn't need any coverage from the TOV.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Where it the TOV review of the RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2006 16:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Jeff wrote:
Colin wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Colin wrote:
Hi Jeff, are you guys on vacation? Didn't the press embargo come off on the 1st? I guess I'm used to seeing you guys have your reviews up at 12:01AM!


Sorry, but Acura didn't invite us to any of the press events so we haven't driven it yet.



Really! What did you do!??? Are you in the "doghouse"?



I have no clue. I guess they figured that they didn't need any coverage from the TOV.



by the way, I'm happy to report that we'll be checking out the '07 CR-V real soon.

98EX4cyl
Profile for 98EX4cyl
Re: Where it the TOV review of the RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2006 16:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Really? How soon? What's the release date for that info?
gogzy
Profile for gogzy
Re: Where it the TOV review of the RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2006 16:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
perhaps they are ready for other medias but not TOV because they know TOV will conduct a very detail review... they just want to be careful... especially lauch date has been push back-again to Aug.. ????
Derek Metzker
Profile for Derek Metzker
Dont feel bad Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2006 18:32
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The ride and drive for the RDX wont be till the end of August. Our first order is presold so we wont get to drive any of those. We have to sell a car we wont be able to even drive for two weeks or so.

LouKY
Profile for LouKY
First Batch - Lemons ???    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2006 21:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Acurazine.com has a posting from a Cleveland dealer who apparently got a June 9 notice from Acura to 'still' expect July 27 as the initial delivery date (see below). This notice seems to be after the 'news' that August 10 is the new date, for a 'no big deal' manufacturing redesign.

Is it likely that the first batch of RDX's will not have the redesigned parts implied by the August 10 revised date? I'm #1 on the list in my city, and would like to know if the new parts design could be missing from the first RDX deliveries. I remember all too well the regular mid-year parts redesigns on the Mercedes 1999 ML 320's.

*********

July 27 ETA for RDX...Order Window End 6/12

We just received our MOVE allocation today for the RDX. We have been alloted 7 RDXs for July delivery. Acura set July 27th as the expected ETA for the vehicles. Dealer allotments are base 75% off total new Acura sales and 25% off MDX sales.

Other notes of interest:

*This will be the last order for the '06 MDX and Amazon Green and Redrock are no longer available.

*This is the last order for the '06 TL.

*This is the last order for the '06 RL and Celestial Silver has been discontinued.

*This is the last order for the RSX...possibly forever.


Colin
Profile for Colin
Re: First Batch - Lemons ???    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2006 01:17
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
LouKY wrote:
Acurazine.com has a posting from a Cleveland dealer who apparently got a June 9 notice from Acura to 'still' expect July 27 as the initial delivery date (see below). This notice seems to be after the 'news' that August 10 is the new date, for a 'no big deal' manufacturing redesign.

Is it likely that the first batch of RDX's will not have the redesigned parts implied by the August 10 revised date? I'm #1 on the list in my city, and would like to know if the new parts design could be missing from the first RDX deliveries. I remember all too well the regular mid-year parts redesigns on the Mercedes 1999 ML 320's.



There is nothing wrong with the first batch of cars. The problem was with the assembly line. When they moved from "prototype" production to full speed, the line slowed down too much. They are making some software changes and reprograming the robots to build the cars at the needed speed.


 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0