[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2019 F1 Releases/Launches
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type R bike carrier
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: More Insults by the Arrogant

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
More Insults by the Arrogant - NSFW!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 05:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/060527092623.shtml

Many of you will know my low opinion of Nick Fry, one or two even took me to task about that dislike.

But the link above proves to EXACTLY my point, why I have been very sarcastic whenever Nick opens his mouth.

Now, do be aware that lately F1-Live likes to over-sensationalize news a lot. For e.g. they presented the Barrichello interview (about how they are working out his brake problems) as 'Barrichello blames Honda for this brake problems'. So they are over sensationalizing this news as well.

But the gist of Flavio's comments are being reported by every other sites as well, even my local newspaper has an article on the speech. The part about one certain team having never won a race the last few years but talking 'too much' about technology clearly points to Honda.

This is why I keep saying 'just keep our mouths shut and concentrate on winning races and the championship'. Today they talk, tomorrow when Honda dominates F1 again, they will sing a different tune. But talking now will just bring ridicule and insults and the sad thing is, they are all facts and there's just nothing we can say about it, except to keep quiet and win races.

Last edited by floundericiousMI on 05-27-2006 21:59
fasthonda
Profile for fasthonda
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 06:41
I read that article.Well,how can Honda or that Nick Fry respond - by winning races.Briatore is factually correct about Honda and I am very glad he said that,it hurts,but Honda needs more embarrassment like that and maybe ,just maybe,it will stop talking the talk and begin walking the walk.
As I have mentioned in previous posts the TIME IS UP, I want to see results from Honda NOW !!!

Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 07:17
Flavio has opened his mouth again when it needs to be kept shut. I dont see the corelation between the two issues. As usual he feels its his right to spew refuse as much as he wants to. Two or three podiums?? You know he must be a very unhappy man. No other kind of person comes out of their mouths so often with filth and hatred.

If Honda opposes their bullsh*t proposal its no reason to sink to junior high school tactics. I dont see how anyone can even begin to blame Honda for anything here.

FB again feels he has more rights to an opinion than anyone else. He needs to shut up. The season is not over yet.

floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 08:13
Flavio needs a reality-check....:

Take all that excess time and energy and apply it to his wife Heidi Klum!!! I know what I"d be spending my time doing, and it wouldn't be talking to a reporter!!

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 08:52
floundericiousMI wrote:
Flavio needs a reality-check....:

Take all that excess time and energy and apply it to his wife Heidi Klum!!! I know what I"d be spending my time doing, and it wouldn't be talking to a reporter!!

Flavio Flav is married to Heidi Klum?? Oh my god. That's almost as disappointing as HF1's lack of qualifying pace today.

argod
Profile for argod
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 09:11
Heidi Klum is married to Seal for some time now. So the insult
is quite old.

floundericiousMI
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 09:25
Whatever...still gives me a facial twitch to think of how THAT hook up got made...

Flav needs to put a cork in his bottle

CivicGSiR
Profile for CivicGSiR
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 09:33
Actually, this is Flavs latest woman he is bedding.

Elisabetta Gregoraci

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 09:47
CivicGSiR wrote:

Elisabetta Gregoraci

oh, the humanity!

CivicGSiR
Profile for CivicGSiR
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 09:55
your telling me. he must have some serious, serious game.
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 09:59
Of course Flavio would say something like that, he doesn't understand the reason Honda races.

Renault doesn't use Formula 1 to train its engineers or develop technology, it is simply a marketing exercise for them. Its totally natural for them to want to meet their marketing goals as cheaply as possible, regardless of the damage they'd do to the sport.

One could argue that a different kind of damage would happen if costs continued to escalate but I'd rather see that than Formula 1/2.

Honestly I don't feel insulted at all, it just tells me what a stupid ass Flavio is.

OldCivic92Lover
Profile for OldCivic92Lover
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 10:49
JMU R1 wrote:
Honestly I don't feel insulted at all, it just tells me what a stupid ass Flavio is.

I want to add that Flavio's argument is ridiculous. If some team wants to continue racing with such a rules that... never won, this is to be honored! Flavio know this, he is smart and he makes great PR here, since the majority can laugh at Honda.

All the teams is good to have opinions and desires. For this reason the Flavio's word are fascism and arrogant. I am insulted for that ;-) Not sportive...

roninsi02
Profile for roninsi02
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 12:44
I wouldnt want designers and engineers that cant make a winning car build my car. Its one thing to brag an boast about how great that program is if the car can win a frickin race. Buts its another when over 100 races go by and you havent even a single victory to show for it. It IS pathetic.

Just being involved isnt enough sometimes. Results speak louder than words and right now we just aint talkin.

Fan or no fan he is speaking the truth and the truth hurts. I want Honda to win to shut his mouth up as much if not more than any of you.

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 15:04
roninsi02 wrote:
I wouldnt want designers and engineers that cant make a winning car build my car. Its one thing to brag an boast about how great that program is if the car can win a frickin race. Buts its another when over 100 races go by and you havent even a single victory to show for it. It IS pathetic.

The NR500 never won a race yet it yielded a lot of useful technologies that are being employed on street bikes to this day. You can learn just as much from your failures as you do from your successes.

Sure I'd like to see them win too but there's a larger picture to it.

floundericiousMI
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 21:58
roninsi02 wrote:

Just being involved isnt enough sometimes. Results speak louder than words and right now we just aint talkin.

Fan or no fan he is speaking the truth and the truth hurts. I want Honda to win to shut his mouth up as much if not more than any of you.

Apples and oranges, man...

When I worked at Ford SVT, several of the guys there had spent time on various Ford Racing programs...including Jaguar F1! They didn't necessarily make for good road-car engineers. A road-going car has to meet all kinds of manufacturabiliy, safety, homologation, regulatory, and cost targets that a race car will never have to reach.

Also, there's a LOT more documentation that has to be maintained...so I don't think you can draw the comparison.

Plus...the "we train our people" part is not in the car's design, IIRC. Honda brings in batches of their engineers to work on the test and race teams. There's a separate group of dedicated senior engineers who work on the core design.

floundericiousMI
Re: More Insults by the Arrogant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 22:01
CivicGSiR wrote:

Elisabetta Gregoraci

SWEET MOTHER OF #*$(#()$*!!!

Makes you wonder if Flav is hiding something (like that Raikkonen picture from a few years back!!!) in his jumpsuit that the decent world would never guess was there!

Either that or he's got the serious cash/social hookup and draws chicks like a buglight!

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0