[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
BlueSiFreak
Profile for BlueSiFreak
Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2006 22:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
After a tiring two-month-wait that felt like 10 years, my Si finally arrived today at the dealer at 3:30pm. Perhaps trying to get me out of their ears ASAP (I've been calling/visiting them almost everyday for the past week since they originally told me it would arrived last week), they had the car ready for pickup at 5:00pm. Absolutely love the car. I've seen a bunch of blue Si pictures before, but the real thing look so good that those pictures didn't do this color any justice at all. I"ll bring it back to dealer next Saturday for window tint and install body kit.

BTW, for those interested, my Si's build date was 4/19-4/23. Scheduled delivery was originally 4/28-5/2, which later got pushed back to 5/3-5/8.

Bandogg
Profile for Bandogg
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 00:02
/clap
LudegarH22A7
Profile for LudegarH22A7
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 00:27
ding! order up!
Conky
Profile for Conky
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 00:32
Yeah, it takes forever. You're going to keep the stock wheels, or get some other silver wheels? Fiji is so sexy that the stock shape is beautiful. You will lose the ricer VTEC decals when the aero is installed???
Congrats!!! Set aside a larger portion of you income for fuel costs, especially after 600 miles (1000 km)
5800 - 8000 rpm in 5th awaits.

BlueSiFreak
Profile for BlueSiFreak
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 00:56
Thanks Conky. The stock wheels does look a lot better in person than in pictures. I'll keep the stock wheels for a year or so. I'll swap on some snow tires on the stock wheels when winter comes. Then when spring rolls around next year I'll get some new wheels and put the summer tires on those.

And yes, the aero kit will cover the VTEC decals. Still contemplating whether to put one back on there or not. While some people consider that rice, it has also been a staple on the Si as far as I can remember. I don't know what I'll do yet. I'll be getting the fog lights also, but will install that myself with help from one of my buddies. Will have to buy him dinner afterwards but still a lot cheaper than dealer installation.

BTW, my Si is #7423. Forgot to mention in my last post.

pwrful4
Profile for pwrful4
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 03:50
At least you didn't order yours in January before you deployed to Iraq. God willing I'll be home in two weeks to pick FBP #7398 up! It's been fun reading the forums while I'll be over here. Already have the K&N and EV02 waiting at home.
mixone
Profile for mixone
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 08:35
Congrats BlueSiFreak. I've had "Rani" for 5 months now, and
IMHO stock Figi's look the best. I would put the stickers back on, and live with it for a while. I was contemplating removing them when I got her, but I think she would look naked without them now. ;) You can always peel them off if you change your mind, but I like them and it is part of the SI heritage. To me, Figi Blue is not meant to be a sleeper like GG or stealth like NBP.

mixone
Profile for mixone
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 08:48
pwrful4 wrote:
At least you didn't order yours in January before you deployed to Iraq. God willing I'll be home in two weeks to pick FBP #7398 up! It's been fun reading the forums while I'll be over here. Already have the K&N and EV02 waiting at home.

pwful4.Thanks to all of you over there for your hard work, and be safe. Hopefully the new government will start to stabilize things over there soon and we can get most of you guys home for good. You must be missing alot, including the wait for your Si.

pwrful4
Profile for pwrful4
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 09:05
mixone, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. Can't wait to get home and pickup the Si. Has been hard reading all the posts of people driving and modding their cars. My daily driver over here is the F-15, so I can't complain too much. Sold my G35 6spd prior to coming out here and I miss it as well. Didn't drive the G much, so it's more economical to have an Si. My car wasn't supposed to come in until late May, but it's already at the dealership waiting for me. Things are good here, much better than portraited in the news. Their roadside/suicide bombs are the equivalent of our gang shootings in any large city, just more grusome and newsworthy. For the most part their cities are running just fine. Nothing beats the US though, will be great to get back!
mixone
Profile for mixone
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 09:29
Great to hear. That's very encouraging. I was driving next to a G35 coupe on the way to work yesterday morning. Sweet car. The Si is pretty economical unless you beating on her.
I'm getting 26/31 driving moderately with some fun jaunts here and there. Is yours a Figi?

pwrful4
Profile for pwrful4
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 09:41
Yep, my Si is Fiji Blue Pearl with wheel locks and summer tires, no nav. I had an intake and an intake plenum on the G and averaged 20mpg on premium, so 30 is nice to hear!
mixone
Profile for mixone
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 09:50
It's an awesome color. When people see it in bright sunlight or under lights at night, I get a ton of compliments.
BlueSiFreak
Profile for BlueSiFreak
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 11:50
pwrful4 wrote:

Really appreciate the hard work from all the troops over there. Hope you get home safely pwrful4, and keep reading the forum. There're a lot of good stuff on here, not to mention the nice people (although it may make your two week wait to pickup your Si feels much longer...)

I have the K&N filter too, haven't install it yet though. I wanted to drive it stock for a few days before I put it in to see if I can feel any difference. As for other mods, I kind of want to wait for more parts to come out before deciding what to get, and I can't really afford them right now anyway since buying the Si has pretty much squeezed every single penny out of me for the time being...

BlueSiFreak
Profile for BlueSiFreak
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 12:07
mixone wrote:
Congrats BlueSiFreak. I've had "Rani" for 5 months now, and
IMHO stock Figi's look the best. I would put the stickers back on, and live with it for a while. I was contemplating removing them when I got her, but I think she would look naked without them now. ;) You can always peel them off if you change your mind, but I like them and it is part of the SI heritage. To me, Figi Blue is not meant to be a sleeper like GG or stealth like NBP.

Thanks mixone. After sleeping on that decision last night, I'm leaning toward putting the stickers back on. Out here in the midwest, where it seems like most people either don't know how to mod a car, or just care about looks more than performance, I see all kinds of cars around with huge wings and eye-soring body kits with no real performance mod. And did I mention the ever-so-popular replacement mufflers that sound like a dump truck and people lowering their car not by modding the suspension, but by using smaller wheels and tires (sometimes with wheels so wide that they stick a few inches out of the wheel wells)? It's painful seeing those poor cars out there sometimes. So I think the sticker will be just fine here.

And I agree the Fiji Blue is not meant to be a sleeper. It's one sharp-looking color, especially under sun light. I drew all kinds of stares yesterday driving around, more than I thought I would get, but not too bad considering it's the first blue Si in town.

Do you have any mod on your car yet?

Conky
Profile for Conky
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 12:21
I would suggest looking at it without the stickers and then decide. I don't like them, but that's just me.
mixone
Profile for mixone
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 14:40
I just ordered the short shifter, so that will be my first mod. I'm saving up for some summer tires at the moment. I will probably put an evo 2 on after some part of the original stock exhaust rusts out since it seems to be tame. More for the stainless steel aspect of it than anything else. I'm planning on keeping the appearence stock and taking my time with any performance upgrades.

mixone
Profile for mixone
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2006 23:59
Conky wrote:
I would suggest looking at it without the stickers and then decide. I don't like them, but that's just me.

Thats a fine option too :)

BlueSiFreak
Profile for BlueSiFreak
Re: Finally Got My Fiji Blue Si Today!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2006 00:18
mixone wrote:
Conky wrote:

Thats a fine option too :)

Agree. I'll do just that.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0