[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Honda recalling 232,000 2018 Accords and 2019 Insights for rear camera software update
2019 Accord arriving in showrooms by November
Is a base trim of the Civic Type R finally arriving for MY 2019? (More MY2019 info inside)
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
Type R --> Re: Top Gear: Here's what seven months living with a Honda Civic Type R is like
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Accord 2.0 Touring: First Impressions
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> So they took apart a Tesla 3 and found.......
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CR-V Hybrid 4wd iMMD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 United States Grand Prix Race Spoilers
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Drove one over the weekend...
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers
Join Discussion......
S2000 --> Bridgewater Acura Meet
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Honda to bring mystery off-road truck to 2018 SEMA
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 MotoGP
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: evo's best Japanese cars, 5 new, 5 old
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Engineering Explained on the CTR and its motor
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: European CO2 madness and why electromobility is pointless
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > TOV Parts Review: RSX-R Rear Swaybar > > Re: Great Review !!

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

SI_Steve
Profile for SI_Steve
02 Civic si sway bar [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-20-2002 12:29
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Just curious if anyone knows if you can put a 02 Civic type r swaybar on a SI and if anyone knows where to get one.
I know Mugen does one but it's pricey!!
Thanks,

rsxin
Profile for rsxin
Great Review !! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-20-2002 21:41
Thanks Ryan...that was very informative...Before I ended up buying the Comptech (non-adj.) sway/tie bar, I was also looking at the ITR bar. Same thickness (22mm) but does have the "OEM" look which I think is also good. I'm glad James and his cohort convinced me into getting Comptech though. Tie bar is very well machined and installation was very straight forward. No alterations were necessary.

The 3mm increase in the sway bar thickness is very noticeable on the street and in autox. Body roll is significantly reduced during hard cornering, Car feels more neutral. With the tie bar, it could be me, but my car's chassis does feel a lot stiffer than before.

I think hands down, aside from a tire upgrade, a sway bar upgrade is the best mod for any car since it dramatically improves the handling.

Ryan, Were you also looking at the Mugen Rear Sway Bar with its whopping 24mm thick bar before getting the ITR bar?
I was tempted but I could not see spending (~$400) for just a bar alone.

Sean

brunt954
Profile for brunt954
Ride with Comptech bar [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-20-2002 23:03
How is the ride with the comptech sway bar. I already feel that the RSX-S has too much rear rebound, so increasing that doesn't interest me much. Does the sway bar affect that, or just roll stiffness.
rsxin
Profile for rsxin
Re: Ride with Comptech bar [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2002 00:13
brunt954 wrote:
How is the ride with the comptech sway bar. I already feel that the RSX-S has too much rear rebound, so increasing that doesn't interest me much. Does the sway bar affect that, or just roll stiffness.

In a straight line it feels normal. When going 4x4ing on the L.A roads, I can feel that the car is much more rigid than before, since something in the rear is making a thumping sound when I go over sudden uneven pavement (BTW, aside from the sway bar, my car is bone stock). it could be something that was always there and I just never noticed, Foam cover?...Oh well.

Sorry I gone astray, but to answer your question, the rear sway will affect roll stiffness. Car literally feels planted (when the OEM michellins are on contact with the road, lol...) The tie bar in the rear adds more rigidity in the chassis, hence a more responsive ride...I will test them again next month @ Streets of Willowsprings and I will probably let one of my master teachers drive my car (uh hmm... James, here's your chance, heh heh...).

There is also the Progress Rear Sway/Tie Bar on the market as well. Way cheaper than the Comptech's. Build quality? Dunno... A bunch of RSXers on clubrsx swear by them. but then, most of them do not autox or do track racing, so I'll leave it at that. I'd definitely would recommend either the Comptechs or the RSX-R Sway Bar. They are proven and are very well engineered.

smc

RyanDL
Profile for RyanDL
Re: Great Review !! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2002 10:59
I didn't consider the Mugen bar. It is too expensive, and with a 24mm rear bar, you'd really have to get their 24.2mm front bar to balance the car out, or else you're going to get quite a bit of oversteer. I think the RSX-R rear bar balances the car out nicely and makes it quite neutral. One of the best mods I've ever done to a car.

Ryan

RyanDL
Profile for RyanDL
Re: Ride with Comptech bar [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2002 11:01
Changing a sway bar to a thicker one is almost a "free" mod. That is, there are very minimal drawbacks. If you go over a bump at a specific wheel corner, you will feel it a bit more since the bar flexes less. Other than that, there's really no change in ride quality.

Ryan

jes98gsr
Profile for jes98gsr
Re: Great Review !! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2002 01:51
the things we learn from our previous cars... :-)

RyanDL wrote:
I One of the best mods I've ever done to a car.

Ryan

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0