[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
HONDA FANATIC
Profile for HONDA FANATIC
Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 09:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Cant bel. Honda pitstops again destroyed the race. jenson had good pace.

If everything goes OK, pitstops screw us.

revvin
Profile for revvin
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 09:18
heads NEED to roll, at this point.

its quite obvious we're a young team, just a bunch of boys playing a mans game.

didn't we practice pitstops like this a few times a while back?

Toy yoda
Profile for Toy yoda
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 09:26
We have really bad race strategist. Cannot understand why we went for 3 stops. We do not have a race pace too.
HONDA FANATIC
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 09:28
are we really a young team? 6 years are enough to learn strategy and pitstops. Honda has done the difficult part of building a fast car and they are screwing up each race with wrong tyres, strategies and shabby pitstops. gosh!
HONDA FANATIC
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 09:32
best today would have been 6th ahead of Webber in any case. 3 stopper didnt work out for Jenson unfortunately.
HONDA FANATIC
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 09:39
Honda should have retired Barichelo and given him fresh engine for next race. whats the point finishing in 10th place?

SonyFever
Profile for SonyFever
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 09:47
They might plan to run a 2-stop strategy, not sure. The problem occurred during Button's 2nd stop meant he did not carry enough of fuel and maybe it was the reason why Button had another pitstop.

Button's pace was ok I think. Ferrari and Alonso is clearly in a different league... RB seemed to still have problems with the car under heavy load. Anyway, the press release will tell us half, and Nakamoto's report will tell us all.

HONDA FANATIC
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 09:52
Button was on a 3 stopper confirmed becuase ted kravitz told this on ITV and incident didnt mean he got less fuel. maybe 1-2 seconds less fuel but that cant convert 3 stopper to 2.
Toy yoda
Profile for Toy yoda
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 09:57
We were the only top teams with 3 stops. It is clearly a wrong choice. Even Button had clean pit-stop, I do not think he could have passed two Mclaren.
Profile for 006
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 10:07
I'm not so sure, Barichello was on a 2stop as well right? And he made his second stop even earlier than Button did.

Anyway, today showed once more that there are too many AMATEURS in the team. I mean this was just a joke. The first stop was already disastrous: very little fuel added and still 9.6s. The second stop was... well no words for that...

The pace of the car was pretty good even if they were a little lighter. But as I said earlier, give them a car that's 0.5sec faster than the rest and they still can't win... Look at Ferrari, first race that they are really competitive and bang first win under the belt.

And then there is the Barrichello question. Well is there actually a question??? This guy has had 5 months to familiarise himself with the team and the car. Then people say give him more time. I mean, put Rossiter in the car and say "give him some more time" that's about the same thing. We don't have that time!
By the way, what happened during his first stop? It took about 16sec and on TV they showed that he tanked enough fuel to finish the race, but after about 15laps he pitted again. So probably problems during his first stop also... Button lost a whole lot of time during his stops and in ruining his strategy and still he finished way in front of Barri...

AznSupastar
Profile for AznSupastar
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 11:18
just like what i said yesterday about qualify. while good qualify typically means victory to most other teams, it means nothing when it comes to honda. history has shown us again that pole qualify = bad race results. *sign* i miss that year when honda finished 2nd in total manufacturer points behind ferrari with consistent podium wins.
roninsi02
Profile for roninsi02
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 11:31
I'm willing to bet we wont win this year. It doesnt matter where we start we just seem to be good at going backwards. Most teams that qualify in top 5 have a serious chance of winning. Honda however only seems to miss time pit stops, pick poor tyres or as Jenson says it best, "lack grip". I dont know when we will get it right but i think its not until we get a new race strategist. The car is good enough to win sometimes but its hindered by poor aero and poor leadership.
Isamu77
Profile for Isamu77
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 11:45
even with a shit race we still beat toyota

only positive i can find :(

VTEC_Inside
Profile for VTEC_Inside
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 12:01
I was happy with Hondas pace. Button's first stint was satisfactory to me anyway.

2 or 3 stop is irrelevant if they can't get their shit together in there. Someone has to fry for that 2nd stop. It seemed like a couple of them were getting as giddy as I was that Honda had a good chance for a 2nd place finish, obviously not the time or place.

MacGyver
Profile for MacGyver
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 12:16
Execrable, fugly race for Honda. So what's the excuse of the week? They have used up the usual tire grip, aero, massive understeer, huge oversteer alibis, so now it should be: the lollipop guy! Jeez... I can't believe what I'm seeing... I may decide not to watch it anymore for the rest of the season... It's just underwhelming.

The 2 SAF1s didn't even finish, what's up with that?

VTEC_Inside
Profile for VTEC_Inside
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 12:25
MacGyver wrote:

The 2 SAF1s didn't even finish, what's up with that?

Call it cruel, but I was actually thinking at one point that if Ide would just crash to bring out the safety car, we may be able to recover a bit from the shitty pits.

franckv
Profile for franckv
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 12:28
MacGyver wrote:
So what's the excuse of the week?

Here it is, right from the HRF1 offcial website :

JENSON BUTTON
"There is no doubt that we missed out on the chance of a podium today as the car was quick and we had a good strategy. I had a problem at the first pitstop with the right rear wheel going on and then in the second pitstop the lollipop was raised before the fuel hose was disconnected. Unfortunately when that happens, it takes all of the pit crew with it. The Chief Mechanic has lifted the lollipop perfectly hundreds of times before and I know he'll make sure this never happens again. Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt and I know the boys will be back giving it their all at the next race. Today has been disappointing but we had the pace and we have certainly moved forward a lot since Australia. We've said this many times before but we just have to stay focused and keep pushing."

RUBENS BARRICHELLO
"It was disappointing for us today at the end of what has been a strong weekend. I had a bad start and then lost a lot of time at my first pit stop. The nozzle failed and the team had to switch me to the other one. The pace of the car was okay, particularly on the first run, but it was a bit more difficult in the middle section. The lack of pace was due to the rear tyres locking; even though the brakes have got a lot better, the rears were locking on new tyres. However, the balance of the car is better so we are getting stronger, we just need to work hard at the areas which are catching us out. If it wasn't for the problems with fuelling today, I could have finished in the top six. The team is working well and we're much happier with the tyre-warming issues, so we should make a fresh start in Nürburgring in two weeks."

OK, on objection there. Nevertheless, when JB says that "we have certainly moved forward a lot since Australia", it just seems plain wrong. Or if it doesn't, then other teams have moved forward even further, then...

Anyway, a race to forget, for the fans, and a race to learn from, for the team. Back to work, then. On a positive note, with a race like today's one, only better days can come our way... Like the Monty Pythons used to sing "always look at the bright side of life"! ;o)

MacGyver
Profile for MacGyver
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 12:36
Ohhh-kaaayy, so it's official then. Those *are* the reasons. In summary:

For Bunsen: 1st piss-stop: right rear wheel guy
2nd piss-stop: lollipop guy
3rd pitstop: plain crappy car

For Barri: 1st piss-stop: fuel nozzle problem
2nd pitstop: who the f*ck cares, he's out of the points already

MacGyver
Profile for MacGyver
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 12:37
Ohhh-kaaayy, so it's official then. Those *are* the reasons. In summary:

2nd pitstop: who the f*ck cares, he's out of the points already

MacGyver
Profile for MacGyver
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 12:42
EDITED: Ohhh-kaaayy, so it's official then. Those *are* the reasons. In summary:

2nd pitstop: rear brakes locking on new tires
3rd pitstop: who the f*ck cares, he's out of the points already

HONDA FANATIC
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 12:52
and now they r planning a motivational meeting....
94sir
Profile for 94sir
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 12:58
AznSupastar wrote:
just like what i said yesterday about qualify. while good qualify typically means victory to most other teams, it means nothing when it comes to honda. history has shown us again that pole qualify = bad race results. *sign* i miss that year when honda finished 2nd in total manufacturer points behind ferrari with consistent podium wins.

What was the difference then???? Was it David Richards???? Is Nick Fry really that suck? It's starting to look like it.

94sir
Profile for 94sir
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 13:00
HONDA FANATIC wrote:
Honda should have retired Barichelo and given him fresh engine for next race. whats the point finishing in 10th place?

What would be the point in that?

MacGyver
Profile for MacGyver
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 13:04
Uhm, he gets a fresh engine with no penalty? But they would have to make up an excuse. But that would be easy for the team, they could take their pick of any mechanical issue... =P
HONDA FANATIC
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 13:21
yep he could have got brand new motor. That said, even a 1500 HP motor cant do anything for Barichelos BRAKING issues. :P
importracer
Profile for importracer
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 14:15
we need richards back! our someone that can help honda. but get rid off nick fry
Honda F1 Racing
Profile for Honda F1 Racing
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 15:43
94sir wrote:
What was the difference then???? Was it David Richards???? Is Nick Fry really that suck? It's starting to look like it.

In hindsight, maybe we should have kept Richards and kicked out Button! I've always had this feeling that if DR was around during the 2004 Imola "fiasco," he could have strongarmed his way around any penalty with the FIA, which in reality, there was none anyway. However, we had Nick "loose lips" Fry that had to keep going on and on and getting us in deeper sh**. DR has a burly charisma that really set off the team and gave us a strong leader that people could identify the team with. With Fry, I always feel like we're watching some computer nerd trying to manage a race team. He has absolutely NO presence.

I hate to say it, but we are performing really pathetically for being one of the "top teams." Quali doesn't mean squat to us. Look at Renault and McLaren. They can qualify well off the pace but make up for it with good strategy and overall race pace. Yeah, it's still early in the season, but so far...WE SUCK!

franckv
Profile for franckv
Re: Imola GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 15:56
MacGyver wrote:
EDITED: Ohhh-kaaayy, so it's official then. Those *are* the reasons. In summary:

2nd pitstop: rear brakes locking on new tires
3rd pitstop: who the f*ck cares, he's out of the points already

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc10.jpg

Er... Yes, looks like you summed it up! ;o) But as JB said, "we've moved forward a lot"!

Sean
Profile for Sean
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 16:13
Well that sucked.
Isamu77
Profile for Isamu77
Re: Imole GP, SPOILERS    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 18:07
big thumbs up to Jenson for the way he has carried himself after a disappointing race..

he really is a team player

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0