[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Don't Get TOO upset : SPOILER !!!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Don't Get TOO upset    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 09:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Read this.

I have always felt that Renault personnel have been getting more and more arrogant and cocky. First it was Flavio. Now Pat Symonds. I suppose winning just 1 miserable year of F1 with the artificial help of bad FIA rules qualifies him to talk bad about other people.

Anyway, the sad thing is some of the things he has said are actually true, especially the part about 'arrogance'.

But things have a way ot coming back and slapping one in the face. I suppose he will still say that winning is all that counts, despite the fact that Alonso qualified in P5 and Fisichella didn't even make the cut into the final top 10 at Imola. Let's see what the rest of the season brings. Meanwhile 'underperforming' Honda is in P2 and P3, between the two Ferrari's.

magueto
Profile for magueto
Re: Don't Get TOO upset    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 09:32
WongKN wrote:
Read this.

I have always felt that Renault personnel have been getting more and more arrogant and cocky. First it was Flavio. Now Pat Symonds. I suppose winning just 1 miserable year of F1 with the artificial help of bad FIA rules qualifies him to talk bad about other people.

Anyway, the sad thing is some of the things he has said are actually true, especially the part about 'arrogance'.

But things have a way ot coming back and slapping one in the face. I suppose he will still say that winning is all that counts, despite the fact that Alonso qualified in P5 and Fisichella didn't even make the cut into the final top 10 at Imola. Let's see what the rest of the season brings. Meanwhile 'underperforming' Honda is in P2 and P3, between the two Ferrari's.

But he is right in several things and that is something that I, as a Honda fan and follower don't like to hear, like the third car, the wrong tyre choice or the lack of race performance, but the true is the true.

Let's see how if our development pace is as good as past years and we showing him that he was wrong.

Meanwhile, Braviiiisimo for Rubens, apparently he finally delivery what all the fans are waiting from him..good results.

OldCivic92Lover
Profile for OldCivic92Lover
Re: Don't Get TOO upset    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 12:55
Nothing wrong to me. I like / enjoyed his comments, maybe he shakes in good manner Honda team.
Honda F1 Racing
Profile for Honda F1 Racing
Re: Don't Get TOO upset    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 13:00
I don't think Symonds' response was meant in ill will. I'd say it was more like constructive criticism. He concedes that Honda are fast, but just not always consistent in race trim, which is the absolute truth. With better strategy and tires, Honda really should have won one of the first few races already. I hope they can get it done soon...as in tomorrow!
hairPin
Profile for hairPin
Re: Don't Get TOO upset    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 13:11
that was good constructive criticism, cant ask more from an opponent.
Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: Don't Get TOO upset    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 14:52
I guess I am alone on this one. I feel he is out of line. Especially the comment about him losing his job if he was making the "mistakes" that Honda makes. First of all how much does he know about the Honda car itself? Its not for him to say what tires they use. Honda more than anyone else will know what they need on the car. Hopefully the rest of this year is nothing but a downward slope... better yet a very vertical upward swing for Honda. We have only had three races so as much as Renault may feel they have it in the bag, its far from it.

Profile for 006
Re: Don't Get TOO upset    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 15:28
I'm not upset at all because he is 100% right there! It's the sad truth I'm afraid. Even if they had a car 0.5sec faster than the rest they still wouldn't be able to win. You need more than just a fast car to win a race. Absolutely everything must go perfectly during the weekend and in our team there is always something going wrong.
And that is because they are amateurs when it comes to TACTICS, setup, tyre choice. I mean they are the only top team with a third car on Friday and still they are whining about not finding the right setup every weekend.
These are hard words I know, but I think Honda's main problem is indeed "the incompetence of certain parties within the Honda team".
And although not really much to do with this issue: Nick Fry should be the first one to be kicked out.

94sir
Profile for 94sir
Re: Don't Get TOO upset    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 16:23
hairPin wrote:
that was good constructive criticism, cant ask more from an opponent.

I agree. There are still plenty of things about the Honda team that suggest it is still a young team. I wouldn't be taking Pat's comments as being arrogant, they simply state where it's at for Honda. If we come away from this season, with still bugger all in the bag, maybe heads should role...

CivicGSiR
Profile for CivicGSiR
Re: Don't Get TOO upset    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 18:24
What does Nick Fry's resume look like anyway? What are his credentials?
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Don't Get TOO upset : SPOILER !!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 09:13
Well, Symonds IS correct after all. Today's race is really the pits. I think there's no need for me to say that the part which I agrees most with Symonds is that this Nick Fry character MUST GO ! He's completely HOPELESS !! In this instance, unlike the Barrichello situation, I think Nick Fry has been given more than enough time and he has also proven that he sucks more than enough times.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0