[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: '19 Variations on the CTR?
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 10th generation Accord Mk2 - niggles fixed with minor tweaks!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Aragon MotoGP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: A big finger to handbrake turns
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ford "pulls an Acura" in their latest commercial
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mazda CX-5 to get 2.5 Turbo Engine?
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Custom Paint Job Civic Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Inspire test drive video
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: 2018 Acura NSX Review - The Best Everyday Supercar
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > TOV Video: Acura Press Conference at the 2006 New York International Auto Show > > Re: Techno tunes and cyber graphics?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

NealX
Profile for NealX
Techno tunes and cyber graphics? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2006 11:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
And bad ones at that!

These are not the trappings of an appropriate luxury brand presentation. Again, it is not 2002.

Better go looking elsewhere for the visual cues of a forward thinking, tech-savvy, luxo brand because this is not it.

shingles
Profile for shingles
Re: Techno tunes and cyber graphics? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2006 12:15
Neal wrote:
And bad ones at that!

These are not the trappings of an appropriate luxury brand presentation. Again, it is not 2002.

Better go looking elsewhere for the visual cues of a forward thinking, tech-savvy, luxo brand because this is not it.

Depends on the target. If you are after the 50+ year old like lexus, then you would be right.

However, I enjoy techno, hip hop, etc, and I can afford Acura's cars... and to me it wasn't all that inappropriate.

So it depends on the target. I suspect acura is trying to go after the younger crowds.

Antigen
Profile for Antigen
Re: Techno tunes and cyber graphics? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2006 13:16
I thought the presentation and lighting and audio effects were amazing, they worked really hard to make it look good like that and it did turn out nice. There is nothing bad to say about their graphics and show it was A++ quality. Im 17 though.
Kratas101
Profile for Kratas101
Re: Techno tunes and cyber graphics? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 09:45
Gonna have to agree with Neal here, Acura's presentation was definitely not befitting of a luxury brand IMO. It seems everytime they do have a presentation it is similar looking to the year before: techno music blazing, blue-themed visual presentation with cookie-cutter phrases.

I actually think the Honda presentation for the Element SC was more unique and interesting than Acura's, not saying that Honda's presentation is what Acura should've done though but that Honda/Acura can pull off a good presentation. I just think Acura should have a more softer luxury-like feel. The bass thumping techno along with the cool, edgy graphics just does not communicate to me that Acura is a luxury brand, certainly not a brand that has vehicles in 30-50k range.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Techno tunes and cyber graphics? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 10:20
I thought the Element intro was an commercial for ITT tech!

;-)

Kratas101
Profile for Kratas101
Re: Techno tunes and cyber graphics? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 10:25
Hah, the main reason I like the honda vid was because it was something different, it stood out more than their presentations of the past. Granted it was kinda...odd, but still unique in a good way :P

Although...I'd never thought I see the words ITT tech mentioned at a honda forum :)

Kratas101
Profile for Kratas101
Re: Techno tunes and cyber graphics? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2006 10:28
Just realized I was thinking of the intro Honda vid with the 2D graphics at the beginning(which was unique)...not the actual Element intro eheh(doh!). Now the ITT tech reference makes sense :P
fortan
Profile for fortan
Re: Techno tunes and cyber graphics? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2006 00:42
That video sucked.

Nothing wrong with techno/high tech as a theme, but this was all over the map thematically and visually.

Sideways sliding acura "matrix" characters were particularly 1999.

Acura Batmobile was nice to see although without some technology details info/tie-in it's hard to see it as anything but a rebadged version of the existing Honda Racing . Unlike the old NSX which came across as a true halo machine-project for Acura.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0