[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2019 F1 Releases/Launches
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type R bike carrier
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: Jackson Racing SC on 98 EX

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
jason98ex
Profile for jason98ex
Jackson Racing SC on 98 EX    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2006 15:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'm looking into getting the kit for my car, and from what I understand it's set up to run 6psi. The boost upgrade kit Jackson Racing makes will only work for SI's (or at least that's what they told me), so I was wondering if it would be possible to have an 8, or maybe even 9, psi pulley custom made. If so, would I have to upgrade my fuel management and / or injectors at that point? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
SuprChrged '00Si
Profile for SuprChrged '00Si
Re: Jackson Racing SC on 98 EX    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2006 16:20
If you want to run 8 or 9 psi, I would suggest upgrading your fuel pump and injectors at a minimum. You will also need the JR MAP contoller and probably the boost timing controller. It is always more expensive than it looks. I ran the JRSC with the 6 psi on my '00Si and that was all I needed to get in a lot of trouble. If JR doesn't sell it with the boost upgrade there is probably a good reason. Stick with the standard psi. You will really be pushing the limits of your single cam D series with 9psi. Lots of things start going wrong with that much boost (cylinder heads, valves/springs, connecting rods, etc.) You will also vastly decrease the life of your motor with that much boost. I put 100,000 miles on my B16 with the SC, but I was very lucky not to have any serious problems. Good Luck.
jason98ex
Profile for jason98ex
Re: Jackson Racing SC on 98 EX    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2006 16:26
Hmm...so basically running more than the stock 6psi is more trouble than it's worth, huh? Okie, I still wanna get the kit, but I suppose I have to be happy with 6psi. Cool, though. Thanks a lot for the info.
notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Jackson Racing SC on 98 EX    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2006 17:29
I ran a JRSC on D-series engines for a number of years (both D16A6 and D16Y8).

Things you need to know.

1) The D-series can handle 8 psi all day long, even under racetrack conditions, as long as it is tuned properly. What kills D-series engines are detonation (duh :), and too many revs. I tried revving mine to 7600 rpm on a regular basis - in retrospect, 7200 rpm would have been better.

2) In order to tune the car properly, you should equip it with a proper programmable engine management system. This means a Hondata, AEM EMS, or other equivalent. If you choose an OEM conversion setup like Hondata (or its competitors), you'll need to purchase an OBDI ECU and conversion harness.

3) You should also forgo the rising rate regulator that Jackson includes and go with bigger injectors from Day 1. RC 440cc injectors should be just fine.

By doing these things (and adding a good exhaust and cold air intake), you'll see about 30 hp more than you would with just the stock Jackson kit at the same boost. You'll spend more (the engine management and injectors will run you at least $1000 before tuning), but the car will be safer, faster and more fun.

Believe me, I tried to run my Jackson kit on the supplied regulator along with retarding the distributor. It would ping too much, or it would be sluggish. Still better than no boost, but not nearly as good as if you do it right.

SC

jason98ex
Profile for jason98ex
Re: Jackson Racing SC on 98 EX    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2006 10:40
Geez, that's a lot of info. Thanks! Glad I've got a printer. So, can I use a full length CAI with the S/C, or will I need a short ram? Looking at the pictures, it looks like a CAI would fit.
notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Jackson Racing SC on 98 EX    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2006 11:09
I can't say for sure about your chassis (mine was in a CRX, so I had to make my own). Do a little research before you buy, but do whatever you can to get a CAI.

SC

SuprChrged '00Si
Profile for SuprChrged '00Si
Re: Jackson Racing SC on 98 EX    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2006 22:09
I used a full length CAI on my supercharged B16, but I had to cut it in the middle and add another rubber gasket.

Sorry, I thought this pic showed more of the intake.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0