[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: used civic si pricing (It is HOT!!!)

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
'06CivicSi
Profile for '06CivicSi
Re: used civic si pricing--neweggs-Here'e a few new ones. Hey Bankston.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2006 02:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
HONDA AFVM wrote:
There is only about a 1,550 mark up in the Si.

It's paying over sticker that is wrong, and nobody should pay a dollar over that. If you want an Si. I have a;

Hab red & Rally red due in end of May.

Black this week.

All base cars, at list with $100 doc. No add on's or mark ups. That is the way it is, and should be.
You guys don't deserve all the B.S. you are putting up with at these lame dealers that are acting like their the only ones who sell the Si.
Me and Bankston Are here for you guys, so quit with the lame dealers and let us take care of all of you.
We both have a good rep. on this site of no B.S.
Bankston can take the south and I'll take the north.

Hey AFVM, where are you located? I might be interested if within the area...

JustErik
Profile for JustErik
Re: used civic si pricing    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2006 10:45
sophie wrote:

Why are they "likely sold"? Actually, Anderson Honda has *not* sold the 4 Si's they have. They've been sitting for weeks. Feel free to buy one yourself. Or maybe one of your customers would like to buy one there instead because they don't like your lies or sleazy tactics.

True, there are idiots in this world that will will buy used for MSRP. But that doesn't mean we should encourage people to be idiots. Well, I see you are a car dealer, and thus obviously want to convince people to do idiotic things as long as it benefits your bottom line. You must be so proud.

Hold on now, Sophie. :) I think you're confusing HONDA AFVM with someone else. He's one of two Honda salesmen on this board (that I know of, anyway) that sells at MSRP - NO MARKUPS or forced addons. What he was saying is that the 4 you saw sitting may already be sold. Whether or not that's true is irrelevant to his point, which I'm pretty sure was that cars in high demand and short supply routinely sell at (or WELL above) MSRP. Paying that price is not absurd if you have the ability and desire to do so.

Regards,

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: used civic si pricing--neweggs-Here'e a few new ones. Hey Bankston.--sophie    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2006 11:06
sophie wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
There is only about a 1,550 mark up in the Si.

It's paying over sticker that is wrong, and nobody should pay a dollar over that. If you want an Si. I have a;

Hab red & Rally red due in end of May.

Black this week.

All base cars, at list with $100 doc. No add on's or mark ups. That is the way it is, and should be.
You guys don't deserve all the B.S. you are putting up with at these lame dealers that are acting like their the only ones who sell the Si.
Me and Bankston Are here for you guys, so quit with the lame dealers and let us take care of all of you.
We both have a good rep. on this site of no B.S.
Bankston can take the south and I'll take the north.

Or there are plenty of other dealers to buy from as well. Based on HONDA AFVM postings I would personally choose to take my business elsewhere. Doing the hard sale on messageboards doesn't exactly inspire confidence, especially when he's so quick to dismiss other dealers.

Sorry sophie,

No hard close here, I'm just responding to the posts I read about all the bad stories told of other dealers dismissing them.
I offer an alternative experience of a no B.S. sale. It's that simple.
I'm sorry you didn't pick up on that. I was half way making a joke with bankston.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: used civic si pricing--neweggs-Here'e a few new ones. Hey Bankston.--06CivicSi    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2006 11:09
Cleveland Oh. 216-406-7001 I'll deliver up to 300 mi for free(drive)

mikehondasales
Profile for mikehondasales
Re: used civic si pricing    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2006 16:39
here in PA we sell the new base si's for $20,540. There was an auction in Manheim the other day and an 06 Si black with 3000 miles on it sold for $22,000. Some people would say our dealership is stupid for selling at MSRP after hearing what a used one is getting.
ocspray
Profile for ocspray
Re: used civic si pricing    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2006 18:26
IIRC, Bankston was pulled off of pre-delivery sales for that very reason. From the dealership's POV, it does make sense to add profit to the sale by forcing some add-ons, so I can see why many do it. As for paying over MSRP, I really think that can be avoided if you're willing to travel and/or wait a little bit.

Sophie, I can see how you might take HONDA AFVM's posts the wrong way, but even though I don't have any direct experience from him (I bought from Bankston/Scott), I've read of several happy customers. He's also helped several folks locate cars at other dealerships, so I don't think he's out to hurt anyone.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: used civic si pricing    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2006 19:12
ocspray wrote:
IIRC, Bankston was pulled off of pre-delivery sales for that very reason. From the dealership's POV, it does make sense to add profit to the sale by forcing some add-ons, so I can see why many do it. As for paying over MSRP, I really think that can be avoided if you're willing to travel and/or wait a little bit.

Sophie, I can see how you might take HONDA AFVM's posts the wrong way, but even though I don't have any direct experience from him (I bought from Bankston/Scott), I've read of several happy customers. He's also helped several folks locate cars at other dealerships, so I don't think he's out to hurt anyone.

Thanks ocspray,

You speek the truth. Beauty is in the eye of the reader. I just want everyone to be happy with their transaction, weather it's from me or ABC Honda. I hope Sophie understands that.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: used civic si pricing--sophie    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2006 20:02
sophie wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
sophie wrote:
Anderson Honda in Palo Alto has (4!) Si's sitting in back, so the demand must be lessening. I'm certain they'd sell any of them for MSRP. Paying anywhere near MSRP for a used car is absurd. There's an inherent risk buying used because you never know what the car has been through. That's why there's such a huge depreciation hit as soon as you drive off the dealer's lot.

sophie wrote;
Anderson Honda in Palo Alto has (4!) Si's sitting in back, so the demand must be lessening. I'm certain they'd sell any of them for MSRP.

HONDA AFVM;
There most likely sold.

sophie wrote;
Paying anywhere near MSRP for a used car is absurd.

HONDA AFVM;
Did you ever hear of the Prius?

People pay for what they want, If you don't want to wait, You buy what is infront of you.

Why are they "likely sold"? Actually, Anderson Honda has *not* sold the 4 Si's they have. They've been sitting for weeks. Feel free to buy one yourself. Or maybe one of your customers would like to buy one there instead because they don't like your lies or sleazy tactics.

True, there are idiots in this world that will will buy used for MSRP. But that doesn't mean we should encourage people to be idiots. Well, I see you are a car dealer, and thus obviously want to convince people to do idiotic things as long as it benefits your bottom line. You must be so proud.

WOW! sophie,

I'm REAL sorry I didn't make my self clear. I just read this.
I, by no means ment to say anything to up set you.
I'm just going by what we do here when we sell a car. We put it in our parking garage and leave it there until the customer picks it up. I just thought that is what all dealers do.

As far as Lies and sleazy tactics; Just double click on HONDA AFVM and read for your self. I'm an open book and have nothing to hide. I wont say I'm offended cause I'm not. You just mis-understood.
I'm here to do a service and talk Hondas with my fellow V-tecers.
Do I want to sell Si's on this site? Absolutely! Do I want all who buy a Honda to be happy with their transaction, even if it isn't from me. Absolutely! I hope you can now see, how much I care. If not then i'm sorry. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Please post your reply after you went back and reserched my post.

watermelon
Profile for watermelon
Re: used civic si pricing--sophie    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2006 20:12
Very true. Plus, if they're not sold, why hide them in the back? If they stuck them in the front they'd be sold in days. Seems like a silly tactic.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: used civic si pricing--sophie    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2006 20:51
Ya Know!
Dale_K
Profile for Dale_K
Re: used civic si pricing--sophie    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2006 12:52
Briefly I considered selling my SI and buying a BMW. I went to one of the dealers who has been selling new ones at $5k over sticker to see if he wanted to buy it. He offered me $17,700 on a car with 6,500 miles.

The BMW dealer wouldn't give me $2k off sticker (kind of laughed at me actually) so I kept the SI.

Chitown si
Profile for Chitown si
Re: used civic si pricing (It is HOT!!!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2006 22:45
Actually the 2002~2005 "bread van" SI was never a "HOT" car. The performance quota never made the grade. Here in Illinois you can get more for a used 1999 or 2000 SI than a 2002~2005. Even if it had the 200 HP Type-R drive train, I don't think the styling or handling would have supported the EP3 enough to be considered hot. The balanced performance both drive train, and handling will keep the 2006 SI "HOT". The more after market support (which is already rampant) the more tuner junkies, the more destruction. This will kepp the breed rare. Those of us who will modify minimally will have gold in the bank for years to come.
FusionSi11
Profile for FusionSi11
Re: used civic si pricing (It is HOT!!!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-19-2006 02:45
Chitown si wrote:
Actually the 2002~2005 "bread van" SI was never a "HOT" car. The performance quota never made the grade. Here in Illinois you can get more for a used 1999 or 2000 SI than a 2002~2005. Even if it had the 200 HP Type-R drive train, I don't think the styling or handling would have supported the EP3 enough to be considered hot. The balanced performance both drive train, and handling will keep the 2006 SI "HOT". The more after market support (which is already rampant) the more tuner junkies, the more destruction. This will kepp the breed rare. Those of us who will modify minimally will have gold in the bank for years to come.

where u from in Chicago chitown si?? wat kinda Si you got and where did you buy it?

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0