[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2019 F1 Releases/Launches
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type R bike carrier
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2 3
Author
  Post New Thread
techubus
Profile for techubus
MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 17:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for awhile and decided to register today to post this question.

I've been hunting with little success out here in Southern California for an SI with Navi at or near MSRP. Every dealer I've dealt with is trying to jack the price up at least 2k over, usually more. I just feel like I'm being taken advantage of, especially when I see people on this site from all over the country getting theirs at or near MSRP.

I've waited patiently since the car was launched and figured it was only a matter of time before the price came down, but so far no luck. If anyone has any tips or knows of a dealer out here that is selling at MSRP (or close to it) I'd love to hear about them. At this point I'm willing to travel up to central cali or beyond in search of a good deal. Waiting lists with upfront deposits are also not a problem as long as the price is locked in.

dontbothertim
Profile for dontbothertim
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 18:05
Try the Internet Department at Poway Honda in San Diego or at Norm Reeves Honda in Temecula.
EricSanDgo
Profile for EricSanDgo
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 18:22
techubus,

i wish you luck. you'll have much more luck going out of so cal and finding one, even if you have to fly to pick it up.

eric

techubus
Profile for techubus
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 18:35
That's what I'm afraid of.

Also thanks for the tip, I emailed those two dealerships, I'll let you know if I hear anything back that is promising. So far the best offer I had came from Honda of Corona. Worst offer came from Riverside, they actually wanted 29,000+ before taxes and fees :(

dontbothertim
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 18:37
If you deal with Poway, I worked with Nathan and Samantha. Nathan made it a really easy deal.
pogi_ako
Profile for pogi_ako
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 18:38
How much do they want in corona? they are by my house. this guy that lives down the street from me bought his at riverside for 25 w/o navi and they were asking 28.
techubus
Profile for techubus
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 19:03
I'd have to go back as I got that quote a couple months ago. Going from memory I think it was mid 24k (all stock W/ Navi). At the time I thought it was way to much but now it's starting to look pretty good.

Your buddy did some good haggling but damn, 25 (before fees?) w/o navi is nasty.

patriarch
Profile for patriarch
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 19:17
Try Family Honda at Rancho Santa Margarita. It was a pleasuer to deal with them and their internet department. I payed 23K for my black Si w/ navi and they didn't add any extras to jack up the price. They called me they day it came off the truck and I picked it up a couple of hours later when they were done taking off the plastics and washing it. It had 6 miles on it when I got it. Besides that, they give you free oil changes for as long as you have the car (nontransferable) and they wash your car everytime you take it there =)
techubus
Profile for techubus
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 19:50
Thanks for the replies. So far the best I've heard is from Norm Reeves quoting me a Galaxy Grey W/ Navi for 24,490. I spoke with Richard over there and I can already tell he's going to be good to deal with, he even searched other dealers to see if anyone had what I was looking for. It sounds like I'll be able to negotiate the price further as that was just an upfront quote.
I'll look into that Family Honda as well.

It sounds like getting my hands on a Blue or Black with Navi isn't going to happen unless I want to preorder and wait another 3 months. I've never been to fond of the various silvers honda haselp offered but the GG seems different, anyone own one that could offer some feedback on that color? Thanks again for the help.

dontbothertim
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 20:11
I've seen the Galaxy Gray that they have in stock. Nice car. On the lot, it sits there with a mark-up. I'm certain that with a little more bargaining, you can get it for MSRP plus their "protection package". I wouldn't ever want that garbage they put on the car as soon as it gets in the lot, but if it's the car you want, it's worth paying for I suppose.
dontbothertim
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 20:13
If you haven't decided by Wednesday, my brother might be able to get some pictures of that car. It depends on the weather too, I guess.
techubus
Profile for techubus
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 20:34
It's the car I want minus the exact color, but a good looking car is a good looking car. I never wanted anything but black till I saw a Fiji Blue in person, that color is beautiful. That would be great if you could post some pictures, it's going to take me at least till the end of the week to finalize my choices. I'm also trying to sell my Integra but I may settle for the trade in just to expedite things.

I've waited so long I can't wait anymore :)

06GGNAVISI
Profile for 06GGNAVISI
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 20:41
I think you should fly out and get one from bankston and drive it back here. 24,500 is still a $2k markup over msrp. Add tax and fees onto that and you're looking at close to $27k. Don't feed these greedy dealers and buy one from them. I regret doing so myself.
techubus
Profile for techubus
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 20:53
I'm tempted to do so but it seems so extreme just to get a new car. Only reason that latest offer seems nice is that it sounded negotiable, unlike in Corona where that was the absolute lowest they would even consider.

Also it seems the MSRP on Honda.com has changed a bit. I went there today and built my car stock with summer tires and it came out to about 23k.

BTW which Bankston are you referring to, I see that city name in 3 states.

dontbothertim
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 20:53
If I were you, I wouldn't budge on the color. I bought a silver Civic EX 6 years ago because I didn't know what an Si was, because it was available, and because I was urged not to get black. I still think I would have been happier with a black Si.

But hindsight is 20/20. And now I'm driving a white Si with navi, so there ya go.

dontbothertim
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 20:56
BTW, buying a car out of California and driving it back is a bit more of a hassle. In order to register the car here, you'd have to have California emissions equipment on the car.

From what a dealership in North Dakota told me, there is still a difference in California vehicles.

techubus
Profile for techubus
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 20:58
My integra is black. I love that color above all but it's dirty out here and I couldn't keep that car looking clean for more then a few days at a time. As much as I want that color or blue, I want this car even more.

How's that white working out for you?

dontbothertim
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2006 21:04
See that's the worst part! Less than a year after I bought the Silver EX, my brother bought a 2001 Black Integra GSR. Boy was I ever jealous. That was a sweet car.

The white is awesome. It really looks nice with the body kit and fogs. For fun, I threw some TSX wheels on there, and they match the look of the car in my opinion. It just needs springs and projectors.

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message%5fid=521692
http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message%5fid=528194

dotcom173
Profile for dotcom173
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-11-2006 02:15
i went to weseloh in san juan, and they had one alabaster silver on the lot. they were marking it up 2400 i think. it was ridiculous. i heard Hardin Honda in anaheim sells at msrp.
Lihfeng85
Profile for Lihfeng85
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-11-2006 05:19
WOW Weseloh marks it up now?, they used to sell it for MSRP
ASSALBERT
Profile for ASSALBERT
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-11-2006 06:31
dotcom173 wrote:
i went to weseloh in san juan, and they had one alabaster silver on the lot. they were marking it up 2400 i think. it was ridiculous. i heard Hardin Honda in anaheim sells at msrp.

who did you hear that from?

dotcom173
Profile for dotcom173
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-11-2006 13:41
i think his name was Allen. i was talking to him about the rsx-s, and he was saying how shitty they were and how he sold them for years before this job at honda. i hate it when salesmen cant be honest.....THEY HAVE THE SAME ENGINES!!!!

well ya, i wasnt sure how strict they were necessarily on that markup, but thats what he said. he called it an "adendum" or something. i dont know that word. anyways, im not sure if u can get them to work it down. i didnt care too much cuz i was just looking, i dont have enough money to buy yet.

pogi_ako
Profile for pogi_ako
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-11-2006 14:53
dotcom173 wrote:
THEY HAVE THE SAME ENGINES!!!!

No they dont. The K20z3 (Si) has LSD and is a combination of the K24 (TSX) and K20z1 (RSX-S) with an RBC intake manifold. The K20z3 is unique!!!

dotcom173
Profile for dotcom173
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-11-2006 16:58
fine, they have similar engines, and similar other crap. there....
techubus
Profile for techubus
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-11-2006 17:25
dontbothertim wrote:
See that's the worst part! Less than a year after I bought the Silver EX, my brother bought a 2001 Black Integra GSR. Boy was I ever jealous. That was a sweet car.

Yeah I know what you mean, it's just so hard to wait. My GSR was sweet when I first got it, but looking at the body now it got beat with an ugly stick. That thing needs a fresh coat of paint to ever get back to how it used to look.

Your car looks very nice, I'd be happy to own an SI in that color. I think i'll update my searching to include that.

So far Norm Reeves is still the best offer I've got, but I'm still not very enthusiastic about the color. I simply CAN'T wait on a 3 month list at this point, my car has been in and out of the shop a lot lately and I need to get rid of it before anything else breaks..

neweggs
Profile for neweggs
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-11-2006 17:43
a few months ago, i went to poway honda and got an out the door price of about 22800 for a black si w/o navi at 1st they wanted like 24k out the door but after a little negotiating they lowered it... but i still didn't sign the contract, in fact i still have the quote in my wallet. however i'm looking for a used 02+ s2000 ... the brand new si is the alternative (i'll be ordering in june if i can't find a decent s2000 to buy)
joedart
Profile for joedart
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-13-2006 03:34
contact thousand oaks honda and vista honda in ventura, both sell at msrp with no bs. i got mine from thousand oaks honda.
schumacher12
Profile for schumacher12
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-13-2006 13:13
Hardin Honda in Anaheim sold me mine for MSRP. Check them out.
MC

ASSALBERT
Profile for ASSALBERT
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-13-2006 22:47
did you buy the fiji blue? if so, how much did you pay otd?
Shizznaz
Profile for Shizznaz
Re: MSRP for an SI in SoCal?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-14-2006 00:15
Go to Ontario honda. Their policy states they cant sell a car over msrp. I got mine there at msrp and the comunication with them was fantastic. Not to mention I got my Si earlier then then they expected. They told me about mid march and they were able to pull strings and get me one in mid january. Whenever something changed or there was updated news, they called me first thing. So, If I was you, id check them out .

Thread Page - [1] 2 3
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0