[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
RDX --> Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Audio & Electronics > > Re: Del Sol Head Unit

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
SupAirBall3391
Profile for SupAirBall3391
Del Sol Head Unit    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2006 20:23
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Does anyone know the head unit dimensions that fit a del sol?
Specboy-GSR
Profile for Specboy-GSR
Re: Del Sol Head Unit    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2006 20:38
If I remember correctly, it is a standardized Size. It is a 1-Din head unit that just resides behind a flip down cover. Most any 1-Din Head unit will fit. Check out www.crutchfield.com for Head units that they guarantee will fit your car. Better yet, let us know what you are looking for in a Head unit (or what you want to do with the whole stereo) and we can give you some suggestions.

~SB

SupAirBall3391
Profile for SupAirBall3391
Re: Del Sol Head Unit    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-26-2006 19:45
alright sounds good..im basically looking for a lot of bass with a little boost from an amp..loud and full of bass pretty basic..can u guys show me some suggestions for headunits, speakers, subs, and amps?

Specboy-GSR
Profile for Specboy-GSR
Re: Del Sol Head Unit    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-01-2006 22:03
SupAirBall3391 wrote:
alright sounds good..im basically looking for a lot of bass with a little boost from an amp..loud and full of bass pretty basic..can u guys show me some suggestions for headunits, speakers, subs, and amps?

first things First. Head unit. In the Del Sol, the Radio sits pretty low much like my integra. I would recommend a Head unit with a Sloping Faceplate because when you have to look down at an angle, many Head units are hard to read. Alpine makes some nice Head units with plenty of power to drive the main speakers and 3 sets of preamp outputs for upgrading to a full amp and a subwoofer.

Next, to the trunk... If you are looking for some serious bass, a good sub with a powerful amp will do very well. The problem you will run into with the DelSol is the trunk space. A 12" single sub in a ported box will give you some serious bass. For more, add a second sub or go for a 15" sub. With 2 12's or a 15" sub, you'll have no trunk but more than enough bass. I'd recommend trying a single 10" or 12" as a compromise. If you are looking for tighter bass, you'll want a sealed box but will need more wattage. A Bandpass box will be a nice middle ground but will also take up the most space in the trunk. The Del sol's roof stores in the trunk lid so remember that when figuring out a good fit.

You'll probably want a 400+ Watt Amp to drive your subwoofer. You'll also want to pick up a 1 Fahrad cap for every 400W of power your sub amp has. (2 fahrad for an 800w amp... 1.5 fahrad for 600w) This will prevent your lights from dimming every time you hit a hard bass note.

For all of this, with quality components you can expect to spend around $1000. If that is out of your budget, try cutting a bit from the sub by trying out an Infinity Basslink 10" amplified sub. The Basslink X has a 250W amp driving a 10" sub for around $250

For install instructions on the Head unit, head over to InstallDr.com

For Recommended brands, JL and Rockford Fosgate are popular for subs and amps. I myself run Infinity Kappa 10" subs and a kappa Amp and I am happy but I think you'll be looking for more that my setup so I'd stick with JL and Rockford. For Head units, Avoid brands like sony, sanyo, JVC, pyle. I prefer Alpine & Clarion for mid-High end and Panasonic for Mid range. For Real High end, Eclipse has some pretty amazing stuff.

Money always plays a roll but remember that certain components are more easily upgradable so spend a little more on things like the head unit than the amp or sub. Amps are easier and usually cheaper to upgrade in the future but replacing a Head unit is more costly and takes more time down the road.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.... and as always, let us know if you have questions.

~SB

mattsmith
Profile for mattsmith
Re: Del Sol Head Unit    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2006 20:41
ive got 4 10 inch phenix xmass, custom box, 200 amp alternator , kicker 600, kicker 120- amps and 5 1/4" diamond audio components and a jvc chameleon deck. the box has them down to .3 cubic feet and its all spl.im trying to sell the car bought a civic 06' 2 kids and a wife dont fit.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0