[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Audio & Electronics > > Re: anyone have factory honda speakers from upgrade?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Drnick
Profile for Drnick
anyone have factory honda speakers from upgrade?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2006 16:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I was wondering if anyone has their factory honda speakers lieing around form an upgrade (i.e. changed out the speakers for aftermarket) was wondering if someone could put them on a multimeter and see what their ohm rating is (and is it THAT simple?) just curious what ohm the speakers I've heard most factory speakers are a wierd ohm value (either very low, or very high) not your typical 2 4 or 8 ohm. reason I'm asking? thought about changing out the front speakers in my 06 accord and wondering approx how many watts (I know, not a lot) I'd be getting, trying to get something with high senesitivity. could I do a simple 6.5 coax speaker and keep teh existing tweeter in the dash? or would I have to either change both speakers (and thus add a component system) or change none of them? thanks
Driver8
Profile for Driver8
Re: anyone have factory honda speakers from upgrade?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2006 21:27
Hey Doc - Not going to answer your specific questions per se, but I can tell you that changing out your OEM speakers in place of a high quality set of aftermarket speakers will make a world of difference. I would estimate my sound levels and clarity, subjectively speaking, roughly increased by a factor of 2. See my post in here about swapping out the OEM speakers for a set of Infinity 6x9s (R) and 6.5" (F). You won't regret it!
Dalek
Profile for Dalek
Re: anyone have factory honda speakers from upgrade?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-09-2006 10:24
You can't measure a speaker's impedance that way and it changes with the frequency of the signal. A 4 Ohm speaker isn't 4 Ohms across it's frequency range.
Selektaa
Profile for Selektaa
Re: anyone have factory honda speakers from upgrade?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-09-2006 10:32
Driver8 wrote:
See my post in here about swapping out the OEM speakers for a set of Infinity 6x9s (R) and 6.5" (F). You won't regret it!

I thought that the speakers in the Civics were 6.5 both front and rear. You can put 6x9's in the rear of, say, an Si? If so, sweet!

Drnick
Profile for Drnick
Re: anyone have factory honda speakers from upgrade?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-09-2006 13:21
Driver, did you add those speakers with or without an amp?
Driver8
Profile for Driver8
Re: anyone have factory honda speakers from upgrade?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-09-2006 20:03
Sorry...they were installed in an '06 Accord! I apologize if I misread your original post. I have added these speakers without an amp, but plan to go to a 4-channel amp with a line-level converter. Not the first choice of discerning audiophiles, to be sure, but I don't want to rape and pillage the interior of my new Honda, either. Not yet anyway... :-)
Drnick
Profile for Drnick
Re: anyone have factory honda speakers from upgrade?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2006 01:46
I too own an 06 accord. I was wondering on the ohm rating of the stock speakers (anyone knwo where one can get this information? I haven't been able to find it anywhere)

Driver... I noticed you did 6.5's in the front (coax not component) any reason why you didn't do a component setup? (replace the door woofer and the dash tweeter?) does the factory tweeter still work? obviously doing just the door is much easier. but I figured if I'm gonn drop the money, I might as well do it right. the thing I'm worried about most is the crossover for the tweeter (is there one intigrated into the navi/headunit (for you non-navi folks) or is there a small box, like what you would get with a component system in the door panel or under the dash somewhere?)

what size speakers were in the doors? (I thought they were 5.25's but you said you used 6.5's)

I too am nto ready to "rape and pillage" my new car by ripping it apart to put in audio equipment, plus I'm so busy I personally think it's worth it to get it done professionally (a local guy is always very fair on the price part of my audio work) and i don't have to spend a while tearing apart my car, losing screws, swaring at myself for breaking this part... etc :-) )

I think eventually I'm going to just leave my factory 6x9's as they are and get an infinity setup (not sure if component or coax) I know they make a 2 ohm compopnent system, so that should match pretty well (typically factory systems are a very low ohm ratng... from what I've been reading, but still no EXACT ohm value for the 06 accord factory speakers... anyone?)

-nick

1st HI Si
Profile for 1st HI Si
Re: anyone have factory honda speakers from upgrade?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2006 15:39
Dont know about your car but the new 06Si they are 6ohm speakes and 6.5" both front and back

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0