[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX SH-AWD Acceleration numbers
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX SH-AWD "commuter" loop mileage run
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar Rear-view Mirror: Dixon Deftly Extends Indycar Lead at Toronto
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 GM/Honda Lithium battery and module.
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Honda Civic Si Launch Night on Speed TV, Sunday Dec. 4th. > > Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it...

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

AznSupastar
Profile for AznSupastar
You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2005 22:44
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The show was a "meh", nothing exciting, just a very general review of the Si which we all know from reading TOV's own in depth review article (which was way better). May be because I hate listening to Tommy kendall's boring and lame comments. I guess British's "Top Gear" and "Fifth Gear" spoiled me too much.

On the bright side, it's nice to see more video footage of the Si in action. Just my 2 cents...

Jammin3
Profile for Jammin3
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2005 22:57
I completely agree, Tommy Kendall's voice is so monotone, i think i got bored watching it. Plus Danica Patrick said absolutely nothing relevant. But i'm glad they did a piece on the Civic si.
navitsx
Profile for navitsx
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2005 23:42
I wouldn't spend too much time waiting for DP to ever say anything relevant...probably one of the most disappointing interviews out there these days. did you catch her Letterman appearance(s)? why bother. so over-hyped, but she sure has a sweet job. "here, we'll pay you to drive this brand new car and talk about it." "ahh...ok." (pretty good gig, eh Jeff?)
Daemos
Profile for Daemos
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 01:45
The biography of honda that was before it was pretty sweet :)
Turbo311
Profile for Turbo311
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 02:21
I know! Why can't our car reviewers be more like Jeremy Clarkson, they're so much more entertaining, and honest! They don't spill out exactly what the car companies want to hear. When was the last time you saw a car get a negative review? Never! I want Top Gear back!!!!
jasonandre
Profile for jasonandre
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 06:52
You have to keep in mind that last night's show was simply the Test Drive segment.

The actual review played almost a month ago on Speed and was SO much better. Last night's show was more of a "now that you know about it, let us tease you with it".

Incoginto
Profile for Incoginto
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 08:54
Turbo311 wrote:
I know! Why can't our car reviewers be more like Jeremy Clarkson, they're so much more entertaining, and honest! They don't spill out exactly what the car companies want to hear. When was the last time you saw a car get a negative review? Never! I want Top Gear back!!!!

a) Top Gear is back and available world-wide @ http://www.finalgear.com
b) For negative/honest/sick-of-the-industry's-crap reviewing, go to http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/

:)

hondapower
Profile for hondapower
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 09:53
I am about 99.99% sure Test Drive is a 30 minute comercial paid for by the manufacturer.
Honda Fan
Profile for Honda Fan
Honda biography was good [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 11:18
Agreed. The first 1/2 hr show about Honda was very interesting. It explains how Honda got started and the company's philosophy. Now I know why Honda tends to use smaller but higher output engine. But it is kind of short. I wish they have gone to more detail and make it 1-2 hrs show.

truamw315
Profile for truamw315
Re: Honda biography was good [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 12:58
i thought the first half was bleh...and then when they started going into more details about the tuned cars and showing what they can do on the track...thats when the show got more interesting....kinda cool how they had body kits and suspension parts for the car before it even hit showrooms....i'm excited....
cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 14:31
Yeah, pretty disappointing show...although it was much better if you used the "mute" button. Did you also notice DP's little jab about her being faster in the Si compared to TK because she weighs less. Looks like she's starting to get a little big in the britches. Not surprising, considering all the PR she got this year. I remember the SI (Sports Illus.) issue where she was on the cover...even though she didn't win the 500. I vow never to buy SI because of that issue. What a slap in the face to Weldon. PC BS at its finest.
ff_
Profile for ff_
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 14:38
I'll agree, it was pretty lame. No real useful info presented. I would've liked to see more attention paid to the aftermarket parts and mods that were done by the tuners. Not that I would ever invest in that stuff, but at least it's a little more interesting.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 19:45
Dudes, any chick thet can come close to winning the Indy 500 and can out drive any of us, can sleep next to me anytime. Danica Patrick is HOT!!!! Oh, and remember, the camara adds 10 pounds!!!!! I think it was a great show. How many times does Honda get a show just about Honda-never. So be happy.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 20:22
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Dudes, any chick thet can come close to winning the Indy 500 and can out drive any of us, can sleep next to me anytime. Danica Patrick is HOT!!!! Oh, and remember, the camara adds 10 pounds!!!!! I think it was a great show. How many times does Honda get a show just about Honda-never. So be happy.

They get as many as they're willing to pay for. AFAIK, all those Tommy Kendall special shows are paid spots.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2005 20:28
cksi1372 wrote:
Yeah, pretty disappointing show...although it was much better if you used the "mute" button. Did you also notice DP's little jab about her being faster in the Si compared to TK because she weighs less. Looks like she's starting to get a little big in the britches. Not surprising, considering all the PR she got this year. I remember the SI (Sports Illus.) issue where she was on the cover...even though she didn't win the 500. I vow never to buy SI because of that issue. What a slap in the face to Weldon. PC BS at its finest.

That whole "weighs less" thing was in reference to something Robby Gordon said about her having an unfair advantage in IRL because of her diminutive size and weight. It created a bit of a stink back in May when the media got ahold of it. I thought it was pretty funny that she brought it up.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/10741

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2005 09:30
Jeff wrote:
cksi1372 wrote:

That whole "weighs less" thing was in reference to something Robby Gordon said about her having an unfair advantage in IRL because of her diminutive size and weight. It created a bit of a stink back in May when the media got ahold of it. I thought it was pretty funny that she brought it up.

Yeah, I really liked her. Most of her remarks were somewhat sarcastic and funny.

330R
Profile for 330R
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2005 11:03
Jeff wrote:

Exactly. I picked up on that instantly and let out a good chuckle.

dodole
Profile for dodole
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2005 14:05
Turbo311 wrote:

you could download the unmodified version and no ad version from finalgear.com

cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2005 22:06
Yeah, I got why she said it, but I guess I didn't catch the tone of her voice as joking. Nonetheless, the Si looks like it will be a home run for Honda.
spotch
Profile for spotch
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2005 00:07
Incoginto wrote:
Turbo311 wrote:

b) For negative/honest/sick-of-the-industry's-crap reviewing, go to http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/

thetruthaboutcars is *the worst* automotive website I've ever been to, bar none. Read their review of the s2k. It sounds like the person who wrote it was a 90 year old person that *HATES* driving automobiles, but never actually drove an s2k and was just going off of some stats he saw and extrapolating some opinions from them. I mean some of the stuff in the review is just absolutely positively wrong. Incredible. Worst site ever.

AznSupastar
Profile for AznSupastar
Re: You didn't miss much if you missed it... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2005 07:29
spotch wrote:
Incoginto wrote:
Turbo311 wrote:

haha, the reviewer sounds like a bitter old man who just needs to find something bad about a car and make it dramatic.

thetruthaboutcars is *the worst* automotive website I've ever been to, bar none. Read their review of the s2k. It sounds like the person who wrote it was a 90 year old person that *HATES* driving automobiles, but never actually drove an s2k and was just going off of some stats he saw and extrapolating some opinions from them. I mean some of the stuff in the review is just absolutely positively wrong. Incredible. Worst site ever.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0