[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
More.......................
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
More.......................
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
More.......................
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
More.......................
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
More.......................
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
More.......................
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
More.......................
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
94sir
Profile for 94sir
06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 09:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hats off to Toyota who have got their 06 car out already. Bit of a worry given that we haven't even seen the Honda v8 yet.

This article is full of the usual Toyota marketing puke but might be worth a read.

Link

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 10:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Does it look like this year's Renault ?!!!

Sorry, just joking.... :)

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 11:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
94sir wrote:
Hats off to Toyota who have got their 06 car out already. Bit of a worry given that we haven't even seen the Honda v8 yet.



??? We had our V8 running several months ago.

floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 12:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Indeed...Honda began running their first V8 back in April(?)

They just aren't so much into the "trumpeting their own horn" like Toy-scrota

whip
Profile for whip
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 13:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
A little off topic, but has there been any new news about the Super Aguri team?
94sir
Profile for 94sir
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 15:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
What, on track? Sorry, I didn't realise, happier now :)
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 21:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
94sir wrote:
What, on track? Sorry, I didn't realise, happier now :)


To me, just emphasizes the point of how competent the Toyota PR machinery is and in relation how 'in'-competent the Honda mechinery is. If a hardcore Honda F1 follower doesn't know that Honda has the V8 running since early this year but knows about Toyota's very late running, then it just shows how bad a job the Honda F1 PR people are doing. And, I wouldn't 'buy' any arguement that 94sir should've found it out himself. I mean, he DID find out about the Toyota 'impressive feat' of putting their V8 F1 car on the test track. Just goes to show that Toyota's F1 PR people really knows where and when and how to place the proper news while Honda's PR people is really bad here. I really wish Honda would buck up more in the PR department.

underpressure
Profile for underpressure
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 22:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
WongKN wrote:
94sir wrote:
What, on track? Sorry, I didn't realise, happier now :)


To me, just emphasizes the point of how competent the Toyota PR machinery is and in relation how 'in'-competent the Honda mechinery is. If a hardcore Honda F1 follower doesn't know that Honda has the V8 running since early this year but knows about Toyota's very late running, then it just shows how bad a job the Honda F1 PR people are doing. And, I wouldn't 'buy' any arguement that 94sir should've found it out himself. I mean, he DID find out about the Toyota 'impressive feat' of putting their V8 F1 car on the test track. Just goes to show that Toyota's F1 PR people really knows where and when and how to place the proper news while Honda's PR people is really bad here. I really wish Honda would buck up more in the PR department.



That’s because Honda doesn't suffer from the "look at me, look at me" complex

The PR at Honda is just fine. If someone wants to know when they started testing the V8 the info is out there. They are more concerned with winning the world championship than letting everyone know when they started testing the V8. Toyoda is like a spoiled child who lack attention. there F1 program is shyte so they have to divert attention to simpler feats to show that they know what they are doing no other team makes such a fuss over the petty things toyoda does not even Minardi, Jordon or even Red Bull.

roninsi02
Profile for roninsi02
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 22:30
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
WongKN wrote:
94sir wrote:
What, on track? Sorry, I didn't realise, happier now :)


To me, just emphasizes the point of how competent the Toyota PR machinery is and in relation how 'in'-competent the Honda mechinery is. If a hardcore Honda F1 follower doesn't know that Honda has the V8 running since early this year but knows about Toyota's very late running, then it just shows how bad a job the Honda F1 PR people are doing. And, I wouldn't 'buy' any arguement that 94sir should've found it out himself. I mean, he DID find out about the Toyota 'impressive feat' of putting their V8 F1 car on the test track. Just goes to show that Toyota's F1 PR people really knows where and when and how to place the proper news while Honda's PR people is really bad here. I really wish Honda would buck up more in the PR department.




Honda in general is terrible at marketing everything from motorsports to cars. Plain and simple. They suck. I've had about 10 people in the last 6 months ask me "what kind of car is that" (its a S2000) and before that the same thing happend when i had the Ep3 Si.

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 22:32
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Well in one of the Honda interviews they talked about running the concept car to log miles and work out kinks on the V8 while they continue work on the all new aero package of the 008. So Toyota showing their TF106 so early doesn't necessarily equate to an advantage.

As for the marketing, I think Honda would prefer to market results. However I will say that they need to get their fan club website subscription back up.

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 23:11
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The saying that 'results speaks the loudest' is very true. However, often it is how we promote and publicize the results that counts as well. Just a couple of months ago, we had this troll came in another forum and blasted Honda in F1. How many of us would have agreed with him when he said that 'Ferrari, McLaren and Renault have consistently handed it to Honda over the last few years' ? The fact is that this statement is not true and I made sure that troll never stayed back to post any more nonsense like this.

I really think Honda needs to buck up a lot in their PR department. Earlier this year, I had a big arguement with some of the more ignorant members of my local Honda club. They claimed that the Toyota Camry here in ASEAN has 'better specs' than the Honda Accord. And their justification was exactly what Toyota put in their website - the Camry has HIDs and VSC. So, it's much better equipped than the Accord. Nevermind the Accord has more power and a 5AT, with full double wishbone suspension back and front (the Camry still uses a 4AT). That arguement degraded into real stupidity with people starting to claim that 'real enthusiast cars must have HIDs' and so forth. It just goes to show how Toyota can mesmerize people with their PR bullshit.

Results unfortunately don't always work, not if there's someone good enough to twist the facts and hide the results. When Honda eventually wins F1, Toyota will probably come out with some PR statement about how they were way more successful in competiting at the top level, way earlier than Honda and how Honda took 'ages' to win F1 and was lucky, and how Toyota's own win will be just around the corner.

I think it's high time Honda start to get off their backsides and do some proper work in PR.

roninsi02
Profile for roninsi02
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 23:44
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
WongKN wrote:
The saying that 'results speaks the loudest' is very true. However, often it is how we promote and publicize the results that counts as well. Just a couple of months ago, we had this troll came in another forum and blasted Honda in F1. How many of us would have agreed with him when he said that 'Ferrari, McLaren and Renault have consistently handed it to Honda over the last few years' ? The fact is that this statement is not true and I made sure that troll never stayed back to post any more nonsense like this.

I really think Honda needs to buck up a lot in their PR department. Earlier this year, I had a big arguement with some of the more ignorant members of my local Honda club. They claimed that the Toyota Camry here in ASEAN has 'better specs' than the Honda Accord. And their justification was exactly what Toyota put in their website - the Camry has HIDs and VSC. So, it's much better equipped than the Accord. Nevermind the Accord has more power and a 5AT, with full double wishbone suspension back and front (the Camry still uses a 4AT). That arguement degraded into real stupidity with people starting to claim that 'real enthusiast cars must have HIDs' and so forth. It just goes to show how Toyota can mesmerize people with their PR bullshit.

Results unfortunately don't always work, not if there's someone good enough to twist the facts and hide the results. When Honda eventually wins F1, Toyota will probably come out with some PR statement about how they were way more successful in competiting at the top level, way earlier than Honda and how Honda took 'ages' to win F1 and was lucky, and how Toyota's own win will be just around the corner.

I think it's high time Honda start to get off their backsides and do some proper work in PR.




I've been driving around town seeing IS350 ads stating "fastest car in its class". On tv there are countless ads. The Toyota PR machine is such a monster.

BARfan
Profile for BARfan
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-29-2005 00:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Am I missing something?

The press release states that the new car has a completely redesigned rear half as required for the new V8 engine and the front half from the 'B' spec car that made it's debut for the last two races of the season.

For all intents and purposes this is the same thing that Honda has done for the last several years with their hybrid test cars.

This is just another opportunity for Toyota to toot their own horn about something. Bottomline, this is a hybrid test car.

Honda's V8 hybrid will test this week, minus the marketing BS!

Honda F1 Racing
Profile for Honda F1 Racing
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-29-2005 00:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I truly dislike Toyota with a passion. From their poles on fumes this past season to their F1 site claiming some kind of "relationship" with Senna in the early years, they truly are a shameless, honorless company only driven to succeed for all the wrong reasons.

What really gets to me is how after all these years and their out of sight budget spending in F1, after only ONE solid season, it seems like everyone (other than us true Honda F1 fans) is suddenly loving them and are claiming Toyota will win WCC next year or at least finish somewhere in the top 3 above Honda. I've checked at least 3 F1 boards with topics such as "2006 WCC List" where people put their guessesfor 06 WCC and 98% of the posters put Honda below Toyota and Toyota in the top 3 or 4.

Most people on the other boards feel that Honda's 2004 season was a fluke but these same people feel that Toyota's '05 season was an indication of all these grand things to come. In my mind, Toyota's season was the real fluke. With their budget, they should have achieved what they did this season many times over by now.

Another thing that gets me is that after the "fuel as ballast" controversy, so many people now associate Honda with cheating when it's pretty clear there was an agenda behind it all. It's funny how the stigma of cheating never stains Ferrari's so-called "image", but Honda gets outed on a really bull**** call, and suddenly, they are branded cheaters for life. At the Canadian GP, when JB put the 007 on pole, near where my wife and I were sitting, some people from higher up behind us yelled "cheaters." Ridiculous.

I hope Honda kicks Toyota's and everyone elses' ass in 2006 and win WCC and WDC to shut down all these Honda haters. I'm really sick of these ignorant people putting Honda down. They're the one and only Japanese company with such a enviable racing heritage but yet, they get absolutely minimal respect from the general public.


Isamu77
Profile for Isamu77
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-29-2005 04:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Honda F1 Racing wrote:
[I I'm really sick of these ignorant people putting Honda down. They're the one and only Japanese company with such a enviable racing heritage but yet, they get absolutely minimal respect from the general public.





The general public are FOOLS
People like to bag the Japanese / racist

FUCK THE HATERS


BANZAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 06
BANZAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HONDA

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-29-2005 06:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This then is the sheer power of the Toyota PR machinery. I think it's not only the F1 people alone but rather the whole Toyota PR machinery, including the all important passenger car departments which combined together makes Honda's PR department look weak (apologies to any Honda PR personnel who might be reading this, you KNOW I am the hardest core Honda fanatic in the world but really 'nonestly is the best policy'). I mean, take a look at the facts :

Honda got pole, P2 in the WMC, P3 in the WDC in 2004 and they are labelled as 'beginners luck'. For intents and purposes, everyone have forgotten or written off 2004 and people are still saying 'Renault, McLaren and Ferrari (and now Toyota !) are consistently handing it to Honda'. Did they really ? WHO got P2 in the WMC last year ?

Toyota got 1 misearble pole on petrol fumes this year and they are labelled 'very fast'. They got P4 in the WMC this year and for all intents and purposes, they have acheived so much more than what Honda have ever acheived ever since both of them entered F1.

Honda is a failure/cheater/been lucky. Toyota is just plain GOOD.

This is my grouse. Results DON'T AUTOMATICALLY means everyone sees the light. Often the right words can twist a mediocre acheivement into a great one. And belittle a great acheivement into a mediocre one.

Honda PR people, please get off your backsides and really go do some much needed hard-work ! Work intelligently !!!!!

IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-29-2005 07:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Honda F1 Racing wrote:
I hope Honda kicks Toyota's and everyone elses' ass in 2006 and win WCC and WDC to shut down all these Honda haters. I'm really sick of these ignorant people putting Honda down. They're the one and only Japanese company with such a enviable racing heritage but yet, they get absolutely minimal respect from the general public.



Well you can look at it that way and I will look at it this way, they do have the respect of the general public by being hated so much. Some may call them cocky in their ways of doing business, when it comes to racing 4 wheels or 2 and selling the general public a car, motorcycle, outboard motor, generator, ATV, lawnmower...they just don't toot their own horn even when they do win and win big, this is what is expected within the company. They are gracious and bleed RACING. Others are just to blind to really understand what drives us as Honda enthusiasts. And we are no bullshit Tifosi followers. I can't really stand them either. I can respect Ferrari in some ways for their racing heritage and other ways I can not. There most definitely will be a new breed of walking robots also sporting red unfortunately. I'll just keep going about my way shouting at the top of my lungs how shitty the toy-machine is when I do attend a race. Had quite a few people angry at me in Suzuka in 2003 and in Shanghai in 2004. I feel it is my duty to let people know how dumb they really are. hahaha

For me, let toyboat shout at the top of their lungs and let the masses of ignorant followers sink in their toy"boat" ways. I prefer Honda to stay the way they are now, humble all the way. As soon as they start winning and winning big, those band-wagon types will be all over the place screaming "Honda, Honda, Honda, it's the late 80s, early 90s all over again." Do any of you really want to have these types around, spitting off garbage? I can do without them.

330R
Profile for 330R
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-29-2005 13:38
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
BARfan wrote:
Am I missing something?

The press release states that the new car has a completely redesigned rear half as required for the new V8 engine and the front half from the 'B' spec car that made it's debut for the last two races of the season.

For all intents and purposes this is the same thing that Honda has done for the last several years with their hybrid test cars.

This is just another opportunity for Toyota to toot their own horn about something. Bottomline, this is a hybrid test car.

Honda's V8 hybrid will test this week, minus the marketing BS!



Exactly, and I think more people are catching on to this now.

2006 car my a$$.

Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-29-2005 18:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I think Honda wants to do exactly what you are saying but they dont want to come off like Toyota either. Really, they say they are racers at heart. Their F1 program is run by engineers not bean counters. If they start to sound like the PR machine that Toyota is it my dilute some of the intrigue that is Honda. When they state an achievement it will seem like just another tool to sell more cars with little other meaning.

I think they do need to improve there marketing but is should never get to the level of bragging that most of its competitors have. Winning the WC will mean much more than any other first in F1.

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-29-2005 20:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Oh wait, I fully agree with all of you guys who pointed out that in our (Honda's) effort to do PR, we should NEVER EVER sink down to the level of some of the people out there. I wouldn't know where to hide my face if they did that !! :)

However, what I am really frustrated is with the rather ineffective PR being done. Also with the rather 'super' effective PR Toyota is doing. I mean, I was fabbergasted when I learned that NONE of my friends who casually follows F1 even knew about the fact that Toyota has engineers under arrest for (conclusive evidence available) stealing Ferrari's CAD plans ! And yet they're all aping about how well Toyota is this year ('beating' Ferrari is the term they throw around). LUCKily, few of them knew or cared about the 'fuel tank saga' as well. Neither do they know that despite our horrible situation this year, we still managed to get 2 podiums (P3s). That is what I am frustrated at.

Honda F1 Racing
Profile for Honda F1 Racing
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-29-2005 21:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I also agree with all of you guys as well. I wouldn't want Honda to sink to Toyota's level of BS marketing, but it does get frustrating as a die-hard Honda fan to see all the nonsense people buy into. Can you believe there are people out there who think LAMBORGHINI has a more prestigious racing heritage than Honda?! I mean, C'MON! sheesh.

"Honda is racing," as Soichiro's son once said to one of the motorsports directors from Ford (GM? I forget) who visited Honda's F1 program back in the 90's. It's a shame not more people know Honda's true motorsports roots.

As long as they start winning WCCs is really all that matters to me. For now, fans from other boards trash Honda and if anyone brings up their previous domination of F1 with Williams and McLaren, no one cares anymore (most younger generation never even knew Honda was in F1 prior to BAR & Jordan!). Honda need to show a new generation of racing fans what they are capable of in the highest level of motorsport. And now that they are 100% Honda, there can be no excuses from the bashers when they win that "it's the superior McLaren chassis coupled with the Honda lump" that produced victory. Now it will be 100% Honda.

Anyway, I keep rambling. Just as frustrated as you all.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-30-2005 07:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
the season hasn't even started yet. let the performance of the cars speak for themselves when race time comes.
Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-01-2005 13:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Toyta and RS are a match made in ...

Check out this quote from RS

''While the others pack new engines into old cars,'' said the German, ''we have the new package already running on track.''

No, not arrogant at all...

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 06 Toyota F1 car out already    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-01-2005 13:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
and zonta is whooping up on him in a similar car, haha

 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0