[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: 2019 Acura RLX
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Le CitroŽn Clarite FCDS
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Boeing, Airbus, GE, & Aerospace Leaders Confirm Electric Flight
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Extremely fitting
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: '08 Honda Leather
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar With More Performance, Refinement and Style > > Re: 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

N/A
Message is below viewing threshold [View News Item]    (Score: 0, Redundant) 09-04-2005 18:26

This message is below your viewing threshold, you may view the message by clicking on the link: View Message
corey415
Profile for corey415
Re: 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-04-2005 19:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I totally feel comfortable with epa mileage that the TSX provides. Now real estate in the bay area, that is something that makes me feel very uncomfortable. 3k + a month for a mortgage payment!!!
pjlk
Profile for pjlk
Re: 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-04-2005 21:01
Re: 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar...
"I totally feel comfortable with epa mileage that the TSX provides. Now real estate in the bay area, that is something that makes me feel very uncomfortable. 3k + a month for a mortgage payment!!! "

I'm glad that you don't consider it an issue for you. particularly if you bought/have a TSX already. But be mindful of the fact at one time the BMW-3 series offered a 4-cylinder option. Then the horse power race began.. It was said that BMW's 4-cylinder engine production was being entirely consumed by their new Z-3(?) I believe, and unavailable for the 3-series. In those days gas wasn't even a question. Now I would say that gas is certainly more of a question... and so I made my point, that for the entire set of potential new buyers, it will be one of the factors in a purchase (as it always was). However now the weighting factor for the gas component of the decision equation is weighted higher than it was. There will always be people buying, even Hummers, so a person's insensitivity to gas mileage is not a surprise to anyone.

BUT I would think that as gas goes up (and if mileage doesn't) the number of potential buyers for a particular "sport sedan" market will simply decrease. Simple math...

BTW, the Bay area generally has higher salaries than most of the rest of the country, so gas economy may be weighed less for you than me.

Mikef
Profile for Mikef
Re: 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-04-2005 21:02
pjlk you always complain about the TSX and its gas mileage. Name a car that has as much luxury and performance that gets better mileage? You make a lot of statements backed up with no facts. Most TL drivers are averaging around 24 MPG and most TSX drivers are averaging 28. EPA ratings are an indicator not a real predicter. The EPA test procedures favor cars with tall gearing a but do not reflect real world driving. The current issue of Consumer Reports goes into this issue in some detail. Again name any car that combines the luxury and perfomance of the TSX or TL for that matter that gets better mileage? Honda/Acura is tops in that area.
Spyder5786
Profile for Spyder5786
Re: 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-04-2005 21:06
pjlk wrote:
Well, I guess it can be said the bar has been raised, but 21/31 mpg is hardly anything to talk about when the TL already claims 20/30 mpg, for a much sportier car! Looking at gas prices and the actual gas trend lines, I wonder how many new buyers will feel comfortable buying a brand-new car with these mileage stats. (I'm sure they look good to a Navigator owner, but I think gas price/mileage will be one of the thoughts going through people's heads as they decide on a new car.) I may be wrong, but I think this makes my point that it IMO the TSX needs a real engine referb quite badly!

It's a luxury car. People who buy luxury cars are not as concerned with fuel economy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the k24 as is. It's a highly advanced engine and has enormous potential.

Waatdaehell
Profile for Waatdaehell
Re: 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2005 00:51
Mikef wrote:
pjlk you always complain about the TSX and its gas mileage. Name a car that has as much luxury and performance that gets better mileage? You make a lot of statements backed up with no facts. Most TL drivers are averaging around 24 MPG and most TSX drivers are averaging 28. EPA ratings are an indicator not a real predicter. The EPA test procedures favor cars with tall gearing a but do not reflect real world driving. The current issue of Consumer Reports goes into this issue in some detail. Again name any car that combines the luxury and perfomance of the TSX or TL for that matter that gets better mileage? Honda/Acura is tops in that area.

Trust me, Mikef. You're not gonna win this argument with pjlk. We've had this "discussion" before in another thread, and it's the same 'ol story, unfortunately. Like you said, there are no other cars in its class that's better. It's not an "economy" car.

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2005 02:13
Enough!

pjlk, you've started numerous threads on this topic, not to mention posting in numerous others. You keep repeating the same crap. Every single f***ing member of this site knows you want better gas mileage. Now stop it. Last warning. Don't force me to change your handle to Mr. Redundant....

SC

N/A
Message is below viewing threshold [View News Item]    (Score: 0, Normal) 09-05-2005 13:42

This message is below your viewing threshold, you may view the message by clicking on the link: View Message
N/A
Message is below viewing threshold [View News Item]    (Score: 0, Normal) 09-05-2005 17:06

pjlk
Profile for pjlk
Re: 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2005 12:28
Gentlemen,
The issue is not to name another "better" car. The issue was to comment about the article "2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar". The latest issue of Consumers Reports does quote a Honda Chief Engineer who says (I paraphrase) "the governments roll is to (effectively) encourage auto companies to make the trade-off in favor of improving gas mileage; rather than increasing horse power". Did you miss that point!!!! It is apparent that neither of you caught that point in the article, so stop mindlessly defending and focus on the article that you quoted rather than trying to sell the fact that H/A makes the "best" cars. No one was making that an issue, so I see no need for you two (owners or employees) to get into the defensive postion.
I'm trying to bring home the point that whatever bar the new TSX raises, it wasn't the bar, that was quoted in the very (CR) article you claim to have read (however selectively), by Honda! Turkeys...

pjlk
Profile for pjlk
Re: 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2005 19:46
You sound like VP Lutz of GM. Famous embarassing words...
N/A
Message is below viewing threshold [View News Item]    (Score: 0, Normal) 10-18-2005 22:27

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0