[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "Moose Test". Nissan Kicks fail
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Passport spy pics
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No more 3rd gen FC Clarity, Hello 2020 4th gen
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Ring Round 11 MotoGP (spoiler)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The new and used Jeeps are moving off the lot in New Jersey
Join Discussion......
Accord --> How about Android car radio?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2 of 5 top tradeins on Tesla 3 are Hondas
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar With More Performance, Refinement and Style > > Re: A little over the top

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

6SPDTL
Profile for 6SPDTL
A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 16:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
In truth, the TSX has recieved some content improvements. THe powertrain improvements are essentially nil. Hopefully a Type S treatment will happen next year. THe TSX is a jewel, all it needs is a significant power boost for it to be perfect. How sweet would it be to have a TSX with TL type power.... Come on Honda what about a turbo or a screamer engine??? Wouldn't it be nice if the TSX engine got the same treatment that the new Si is getting? It would easily pump 240 or so!!!
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 23:18
I think a turbo K24 will siut this audience better than a high RPM engine. People who are in the market for this type of car dont expect to have to rev the shit out of it to get maximum performance. The torque of a K24 turbo would make it have more low end torque while the i-VTEC and VTC will make it go on the mid-top end.

I was really hoping the rumours of the K24 T were true which indeed they are. But unfortunatley Honda couldnt find a turbo to meet their durability/reliability standards. Could you imagine a TSX with a 6MT, LSD, A-Spec, and a 250hp 250lbft K24T? That car would certainly be bad ass.

Patrick

mininsx
Profile for mininsx
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 23:56
6SPDTL wrote:
In truth, the TSX has recieved some content improvements. THe powertrain improvements are essentially nil. Hopefully a Type S treatment will happen next year. THe TSX is a jewel, all it needs is a significant power boost for it to be perfect. How sweet would it be to have a TSX with TL type power.... Come on Honda what about a turbo or a screamer engine??? Wouldn't it be nice if the TSX engine got the same treatment that the new Si is getting? It would easily pump 240 or so!!!

I guess you didnt get that memo...

No more Type-S after 2007 (death of the RSX-S)...

That memo is over a year old, however, so maby I didnt get a re-vised memo?

Nino
Profile for Nino
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 00:52
no offense but you do not have a clue when it comes to the engine. From all the modifications posted I can tell you that we are probably looking into 20 - 25 hp increase. Cam alone would give more than 5 hp as they claim, and do not forget this is a package upgrade, not a single piece...

I can not wait to see dyno run of this car, and the only complaint that I have is that I own 04.

If you are looking for something bad with 06 performance upgrade it is the fact that 06 will finally have a top end power, which sounds nice, but on 2.4l motor, rpm in not your friend in a long run...

Caffeinated21
Profile for Caffeinated21
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 02:20
I think the TSX would make a great platofrm for an upscalse, luxury competitor to the STi and Evo. TSX + SH-AWD + turbo = 300hp, great handling sports sedan. It would have the refinement of Audi's and BWM's with nearly the capability of the rally replicas. That would be a fine car.

On another note, MAKE A WAGON version! they make one of the euro accord!

hondaccordex93
Profile for hondaccordex93
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 03:04
nothing they can or could do to the TSX would be over the top. The way i look at it this car is competing witht the g35 and the bmw 3 series and the benz C class. I dont think the type-s should be dead, they should have a type-s for every model, as benz has a AMG model for all its model cars. I would like to see either at least a 20-30 bump in hp or the turbo and some kind of awd if not the sh-awd. With either this car would kick all the competitors ass'.
Hondaboy04
Profile for Hondaboy04
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 06:50
Pls,pls,pls

enough of that TURBO bs.......It's a good thing Honda did scrapped their plans about the TURBO TSX rumors, if indeed there is any. (Buy Subarus and AUDIS if u want TURBOS) Let Honda stick to their roots, stick to what they do best.

CREATING A FORMULA 1 INSPIRED HIGH REVVING/SCREAMING NATURALLY ASPIRATED ENGINES.

AND I HOPE IT STAYS THIS WAY. (Fawk Turbo)

George Knighton
Profile for George Knighton
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 08:39
CivicB18 wrote:
Could you imagine a TSX with a 6MT, LSD, A-Spec, and a 250hp 250lbft K24T? That car would certainly be bad ass.

Honestly, they wouldn't even need to have a turbo to get 250 SAE HP out of a K24. It really wouldn't take that much work at all.

Remember that the new SAE-compliant HP rating system is a little misleading if you're comparing the '06 model with the '05 mode. You might want to drive the car or wait for magazine and user reviews that include actual performance figures before you think the car's under powered. :)

At 21 miles per gallon city cycle as it is, there might also be other considerations for Honda to think about before they raise the horsepower again.

I dunno, guys. The new TSX seems like a very good combination of features and a lot of car for the money.

I'm having a hard time saying anything bad about it.

A Torsen axle would be good and wouldn't add much to the car's price. For me to put a Quaife unit on it would cost me $800 even with my discounts, and if Honda did it or had it as an option it would only add a couple hundred to the car's list price.

That's about the only thing I can think of to complain about. It seems to me the car already has just about anything else I'd want at that price point and size vehicle.

shingles
Profile for shingles
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 09:21
You know what will happen right? If honda does put in a turbo. There will be hundreds of post complaining about turbo lag, power before boost, torque steer, etc etc. There's no way to please everyone.... it's just the way it is.
MadBatsTSX
Profile for MadBatsTSX
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 17:46
And copious amounts of the dreaded torque steer. No thanks. Unless Honda reconfigures cars for RWD.
MadBatsTSX
Profile for MadBatsTSX
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 17:51
Instead of a turbo, how about LSD, the option for higher performance tires, and an A-Spec type suspension right off the showroom floor?
CRXR
Profile for CRXR
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 18:10
HERE, HERE!!!
incubus
Profile for incubus
Re: A little over the top [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 19:34
I agree with what someone else said about the 21 mpg city. that is too low, and since it is just the epa estimate, you know ppl are going to get below 20.
if acura is considering a large HP bump, a turbo would be the most gas thrifty way to go.
going with a very small turbo that spools up quickly could alleviate the issue of too much power at one time causing torque steer. they might be able to make a turbo k24 that has very flat torque and HP curves.
the car is gorgeous, looks even better now with the new front bumper, I love the way the fog lights are integrated.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0