[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX & Honda Passport
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2006 Acura TSX Raises the Bar With More Performance, Refinement and Style > > Re: Who is approving these designs???

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

gtan
Profile for gtan
Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 14:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I was so looking forward to this being my future ride. But the new bumper just isn't as aggressive and the rims make it look like a plain old sedan and not sporty. I can see as more of a Honda Accord than an Acura. Oh well, maybe it'll grow on me like most new Hondas
PrecisionCrafted
Profile for PrecisionCrafted
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 15:07
gtan wrote:
I was so looking forward to this being my future ride. But the new bumper just isn't as aggressive and the rims make it look like a plain old sedan and not sporty. I can see as more of a Honda Accord than an Acura. Oh well, maybe it'll grow on me like most new Hondas

The placement of the fog lights bugs me but maybe it'll grow on me. The wheels are alright but BMW's are better.

Too bad there isn't some way to make the grill a little more agressive.

MrChad
Profile for MrChad
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 15:23
I'm glad I have an '04 :)
KWu
Profile for KWu
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 15:26
TSX is a Honda Euro-Accord... still.. right?

BlackChrome
Profile for BlackChrome
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 15:34
And Japanese market Accord as well.
Dan-o
Profile for Dan-o
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 18:43
This is an improved TSX all around. Nice job.
2002CivicSi
Profile for 2002CivicSi
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 19:29
Oh man, Acura messed up the look of the TSX with that ugly front bumper... it does not flow very well with the rest of the front. Yuck!
cat in the baby
Profile for cat in the baby
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 19:36
......WHY!!!!!!!!??????? i guess i already knew this would happen seeing the "updated" euro accord pics. and sure enough here it is. they actually managed to ruin the best looking car (acura or honda) on the road! the features i enjoy more than 04 but wow. those bumpers...THOSE RIMS!!. i think im gonna cry. the only thing left to wait for is the a-spec. tell me they didnt get rid of that too. that would be the only one i MIGHT get. either that or just get the 04 a-spec (peice of art) overall ...*sigh*
cat in the baby
Profile for cat in the baby
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 19:53
tell me those mirrors ARENT painted black....and on another note are those new windsheild wipers? look kinda civc like now. if anyone can post pictures of the 04 model to compare (and later cry myself to sleep) that would be great thanks
mac_powah
Profile for mac_powah
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 23:31
Are you guys serious? There is absolutely nothing wrong with this update. The front bumper is ulgy?! How? I think an already beautiful car has just gotten more beautiful...those dark red taillights, and the rear bumper line are striking IMO. I would have liked to see the split 5 spoke rims, but the 9 spokers are just a little more conservative, and tasteful.

It's not enough to make me want to trade in my 04, but maybe the next model cycle...or the new Lexus IS...
We'll see when the time comes.

dodole
Profile for dodole
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 05:23
nag.. nag nag...i believe the car look cleaner.. doesnt look too busy the line are nice and neat. compare to new BMW 3 series that tailight doesnt match the headlight. audi the grill OMG the grill. Mercedes i got no complain since it is so SEXYYYYYYYY damn SLEEK. lexus IS improved ALOT and look like more lux mazda6 with some BMW hood lines roof lines..so this new TSX looks OK not too special and not too UGLY.

note to those ppl who like aggresive stuff.. just buy kent body kit and make it FREAKIN sport car or touring car.

02TL
Profile for 02TL
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2005 20:19
cat in the baby wrote:
tell me those mirrors ARENT painted black....and on another note are those new windsheild wipers? look kinda civc like now. if anyone can post pictures of the 04 model to compare (and later cry myself to sleep) that would be great thanks

The wipers were changed to a flat design to improve their effectiveness and reduce noise.

blueSi
Profile for blueSi
Who is approving these designs??? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-04-2005 03:37
2002CivicSi wrote:
Oh man, Acura messed up the look of the TSX with that ugly front bumper... it does not flow very well with the rest of the front. Yuck!

I couldn't agree more. Who the hell designed that front bumper? It's fugly, and it'll never grow on me. The TSX that Acura showed at SEMA a couple years back had a gorgeous, aggresive front bumper. Why they didn't use that design is beyond me.

Well Honda, congratulations! You've succeeded in making both the TSX and the Accord uglier than the '05 models. Way to go! How is it possible that Honda can hit a homerun with the 2006 Civic, but completely fall flat on their face with the Accord and TSX? I just don't get it.

Mikef
Profile for Mikef
Re: Who is approving these designs??? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-04-2005 17:54
DRAMA, DRAMA! Whoa! You have got to be kidding. I will bet Acura sells more this year than ever!
Koya76
Profile for Koya76
Re: Who is approving these designs??? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-04-2005 21:13
Nobody said the TSX was a bad car. Strong sales alone aren't proof of a good design though... Camry's are selling by the truckload!
Honda-D
Profile for Honda-D
Re: Why mama, why!? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2005 15:01
Wow, the rims are seriously gay. Should be on a Buick, not TSX.

The fogs are ok but it'll take some getting used to.

mininsx
Profile for mininsx
Re: Who is approving these designs??? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2005 04:45
All she needs is a front lip, then everyone will be drooling...
xantius
Profile for xantius
Re: Who is approving these designs??? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2005 18:53
http://autoblog.com/entry/1234000427057384/

official oppinion, seems to agree with the rest of the people (except the acura or tsx fanatics)

Mikef
Profile for Mikef
Re: Who is approving these designs??? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2005 20:05
I still do not understand the complaints, is it that the restyle was not dramatic enough? I have not heard anyone say exactly what the problem is with the redesign. To me it is so subtle that it is easy to miss. But I am not sure it makes the TSX ugly. In my opinion it is a wash, I like the idea of standard fog lights but it is not a big deal. I prefer the old wheels because 5 spokes are easier to clean than 9 spokes but these changes would never be enough for me to not buy a TSX.
CD5acrd
Profile for CD5acrd
Re: Who is approving these designs??? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2005 21:10
The updated TSX is not bad. The front bumper shape is not as clean as the original but the overall goodness of the car still remains and it's still far better looking than the USA model Accord.
Koya76
Profile for Koya76
Re: Who is approving these designs??? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2005 08:25
My thoughts exactly!
N/A
Message is below viewing threshold [View News Item]    (Score: 0, Netiquette Foul) 09-07-2005 12:22

This message is below your viewing threshold, you may view the message by clicking on the link: View Message
xantius
Profile for xantius
Re: Who is approving these designs??? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2005 20:20
The Acura TSX is supposed to be a luxury sedan... when you look at the 06 TSX, you no longer get the feeling of simplicity and luxurious... it's like trying to make a fancy Camry into a luxury car... the fog lights look cheapů they don't fit... the lines don't flow anymore... and the rear lights look like the ones from the RSX... led lights would of have been a lot better...

but hey... we'll see how it sells... i bet by this time next year, they'll be kicking themselves... i wanted to buy this car, and i had higher hopes... but i guess they wanted it to look more Japanese than European... they wrecked it.

N/A
Message is below viewing threshold [View News Item]    (Score: 0, Normal) 09-07-2005 22:26

This message is below your viewing threshold, you may view the message by clicking on the link: View Message

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0