[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2019 F1 Releases/Launches
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type R bike carrier
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TSX > > Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Mikef
Profile for Mikef
06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 14:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Acuranews.com has 06 TSX and TL and MDX information!
The photos of the 06 TSX are not similiar to the European Accord. The changes to the front end are noticable but I am hard pressed to see a difference in the rear. The changes to the interior are even harder to spot. The gauges may be different but I am not sure. I think Acura did a great job of updating without outdating those of us with 04/05 models.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 14:49
Mikef wrote:
The photos of the 06 TSX are not similiar to the European Accord. The changes to the front end are noticable but I am hard pressed to see a difference in the rear. The changes to the interior are even harder to spot. The gauges may be different but I am not sure. I think Acura did a great job of updating without outdating those of us with 04/05 models.

yeah, it's strange because i was a little worried about the updates after hearing some internal descriptions not too long ago. I could live with these changes. I don't like the wheels at all though. Thankfully i have the A-spec wheels i could move over to that car.

I want to see what the difference in the motor is like and know for sure whether Hondata will be able to quickly crack the ECU or not.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 14:50
Jeff wrote:
Mikef wrote:

yeah, it's strange because i was a little worried about the updates after hearing some internal descriptions not too long ago. I could live with these changes. I don't like the wheels at all though. Thankfully i have the A-spec wheels i could move over to that car.

I want to see what the difference in the motor is like and know for sure whether Hondata will be able to quickly crack the ECU or not.

by the way, I noticed that the pics of the '06 TL don't look like the one spy shot we got (but never posted, because it was pricy). THANK GOD! The shot I had looked just like a normal TL but it had the reverse lights down in the lower bumper area, and it looked pretty dumb. I wonder if they're developing a revised TL for the Euro market or maybe even Japan....

georgewillow
Profile for georgewillow
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 15:36
Jeff, can you post the Hi-Res version of the instrument panel and steering wheel photo hondanews has? I am really curious as to what the MID looks like as well as the extra buttons on the lower right of the steering wheel.
jfunk
Profile for jfunk
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 16:51
Jeff wrote:
Mikef wrote:

So no improvements to the lagging response time with the drive by wire throttle? I was hoping to see that revised.

JR

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 17:25
georgewillow wrote:
Jeff, can you post the Hi-Res version of the instrument panel and steering wheel photo hondanews has? I am really curious as to what the MID looks like as well as the extra buttons on the lower right of the steering wheel.

yeah, i'll put it up a little later (or maybe one of the other editors will if they see this before I get to it).

RyanDL
Profile for RyanDL
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 17:50
Jeff wrote:
georgewillow wrote:

yeah, i'll put it up a little later (or maybe one of the other editors will if they see this before I get to it).

Try these:
http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/398963/06TSX_Control.jpg
http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/398963/06TSX_Steering.jpg

Ryan

mlody
Profile for mlody
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2005 20:16
jfunk wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Mikef wrote:

So no improvements to the lagging response time with the drive by wire throttle? I was hoping to see that revised.

JR

I guess this is the problem I was experiencing when I did TSX 6sp test drive couple days ago. I originally though that gear box/engine/etc was broken because it was almost impossible to make smooth shifts especially 1-2.

milano red tsx
Profile for milano red tsx
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2005 01:23
yes, what r those extra buttons? mine does not have that.
Jawsh321
Profile for Jawsh321
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2005 07:23
The extra buttons are for the Bluetooth HandsfreeLink.

I think the only change to the rear is at the very bottom where the reflectors are, and the contour of the bumper cover looks like it might be a little different.

corey415
Profile for corey415
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2005 18:20
Jawsh321 wrote:
The extra buttons are for the Bluetooth HandsfreeLink.

No, the Bluetooth buttons are on the lower left hand side. It's the two buttons with the telephone icons. The question is about the two lower right butttons. One button is an i in a circle and the other button says SEL RES.

CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2005 18:25
Wouldnt that be the cruise control?

Patrick

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 06 TSX official Info online now!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2005 20:34
CivicB18 wrote:
Wouldnt that be the cruise control?

Patrick

no, it's the buttons for the MID (multi-information display). It allows you to cycle through the info on the LCD. the SEL/RESET button is for the trip odometer and also serves as the "enter" button if you're setting stuff on the MID.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0