[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2006 Accord Coupe Spy Shots > > Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

accord1989
Profile for accord1989
No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 08:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
No Chrome window surround and still the detailess flat hood and goober grill hump.
I always liked the rear of the coupe, but was upset when Honda chose for the first time, to take the chrome window surrounds from all of their civic and accord coupe models, ( I understand that reasoning for the sport models though)
IMHO it was that thin tasteful application of chrome that gave Honda coupes an up-class, upscale and elegant-classy look, I was also upset with the flat hood on the recent accords and upcoming 2006 civic, it seems only Honda overseas and Acura here get detail lines on the hood along with honda's SUV's, mini-vans, and trucks models. I also hate the NOGRILLRUS and Goober Grill bump where the hood and ahh should I say grill meet, for the lack of a better word.
Nevertheless it looks nice, especially the exterior/interior color scheme

'96 Accord4 Life
Profile for '96 Accord4 Life
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 12:02
Dude, you should know that the reasons ALL of Hondas' cars are like that is because of "Safety for Everyone" Don't plan on buying a Honda anytime soon just because of the way it looks. If you need that kind of un reliable flash go get a BMW or better yet one of the NEW Hyundai Sonatas! (Damn Copiers...)
Hondas' strategy is "Safety For Everyone" and that means all of their cars hoods are going to be curved at the tip and will have bumpers that sit flesh to the car body. They do this so that if a driver of a Honda ends up hitting a pedestrian, there is less chance of servere internal/external damage. And I for one will take a Car and a company that is set on protecting me and others out side and inside the car any day!

Just think of Honda as a more stylistic Volvo....(ick!)

Tyler

EXV6
Profile for EXV6
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 12:15
I totally agree that chome window trim would add an upscale look to the coupe. I think the generation-6 coupes look a lot classier. Their crisp styling, first introduce for the 1998 model year, stills looks fresh and contemporary. I rushed out and bought one of the last of the 2002 EXV6 coupes when I saw the first photos of the 2003 coupe, which I really did not like. The gen-7 Accords are not aging well, imo.
Wizard
Profile for Wizard
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 14:17
accord1989 wrote:
I always liked the rear of the coupe, but was upset when Honda chose for the first time, to take the chrome window surrounds from all of their civic and accord coupe models, ( I understand that reasoning for the sport models though)

Coupes are expected to be sportier. And chrome has gone out of style in several sedans too. Change can be good. Chrome has been in vogue for too long.

accord1989
Profile for accord1989
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 09:46
Wizard wrote:
accord1989 wrote:

Coupes are expected to be sportier. And chrome has gone out of style in several sedans too. Change can be good. Chrome has been in vogue for too long.

I should have explained sport model as in the S in RSX, SI in civic, a spec, and of course the special v6- six speed model referred to here, sorry for not clarifying that.
they also took the chrome away from the civic and TLs, but left it on the accord 4 door, tsx, RL and really added maybe a bit to much to the odysseys.
Dont get me wrong the cars still look good, but they look more bland then they should and they lost a lil, jus a lil class.

accord1989
Profile for accord1989
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 09:49
EXV6 wrote:
I totally agree that chome window trim would add an upscale look to the coupe. I think the generation-6 coupes look a lot classier. Their crisp styling, first introduce for the 1998 model year, stills looks fresh and contemporary. I rushed out and bought one of the last of the 2002 EXV6 coupes when I saw the first photos of the 2003 coupe, which I really did not like. The gen-7 Accords are not aging well, imo.

Here here
Thanks EXV6
Thank God I am not the only one.

accord1989
Profile for accord1989
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 10:02
'96 Accord4 Life wrote:
Dude, you should know that the reasons ALL of Hondas' cars are like that is because of "Safety for Everyone" Don't plan on buying a Honda anytime soon just because of the way it looks. If you need that kind of un reliable flash go get a BMW or better yet one of the NEW Hyundai Sonatas! (Damn Copiers...)
Hondas' strategy is "Safety For Everyone" and that means all of their cars hoods are going to be curved at the tip and will have bumpers that sit flesh to the car body. They do this so that if a driver of a Honda ends up hitting a pedestrian, there is less chance of servere internal/external damage. And I for one will take a Car and a company that is set on protecting me and others out side and inside the car any day!

Tyler

So I guess Acura dosent follow Honda's Safety for everyone rule, TL, TSX,RL,RSX, and neither does the Honda Accords and Inspire overseas, not to mention the EL and Asian and European 2006 civics.
My first car was an accord and it was very reliable thank you, with a lil flash as is EXV6's accord, but yea, your point is well taken, that Honda fronts area and hood are made to protect pedestrians in a collision (not their SUV's, Minivans, and trucks though). But from what I heard so are Acura's, correct me if I am wrong, I think the bigger reason is not to step on Acura's toes with equally good looking and reliable vehicles.
Yea and Hyundai did rip a lot of looks from the accord, honda should be flattered to a point that is until they steal sales.
I am planning on another Honda or Lexus or Infiniti G35 coupe by next spring regardless, I just wanted to share a pet peve of mine with Honda of late, hopefully they will listen and find away to have a more attractive front hood and grill while still protecting pedestrians, I know they can do it, and I know they will make a great V8.

psyshack
Profile for psyshack
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 10:08
Honda and there dont hurt the pesdetrian stuff sucks. After all,, how many people in there cars go chasing after peeps a foot. 99.9% of car verses peeps its the peeps fault. They walk out infront of moving car they get hit. If people are hell bent and bound to walk out infront of moving cars they deserve what they get. I live in Oklahoma, a state with a very high horse to people ratio. The horses have learned but the peeps still dumb as a rock. Just another mindless social engineering move started in the UK. UK has to do something to justify over taxing like they do so there social medical care burden will be lighter. Insted of fining the crap out of them for walking in the street. Morons
amcartoons
Profile for amcartoons
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 12:50
Social Medicare in a "Chrome Window Surround" topic- I can never get away from politics on the 'net!!!
I do agree with you though- it sure seems like they're putting a hell of a lot of work into something that doesn't happen THAT often.

penguin
Profile for penguin
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 16:39
Sorry, Volvo makes much more stylish cars.
siegen
Profile for siegen
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2005 18:17
Although it is usually the pedestrians fault, a lot of the times, good lawyers will make it the drivers fault. I think it is a good idea on Honda's part. Not only does it make it look like Honda cares more than any other car manufacturer, but in all honesty, it could save a Honda driver thousands of dollars should they ever hit someone (regardless of who's fault it is). Most people don't have enough insurance to cover severage damage to a person from being hit by a car.
CD5acrd
Profile for CD5acrd
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2005 01:07
'96 Accord4 Life wrote:

Tyler

The hell with pedestrians. We want beautiful cars. People should look where they are going.

Skye
Profile for Skye
Number of pedestrian deaths/year in U.S. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2005 13:44
It's about 5000 people a year in the U.S. which is about 10% of all traffic related fatalities. In Japan it's a higher percentage, more like 1/4 or 1/3 of all fatalities.
accord1989
Profile for accord1989
Re: Number of pedestrian deaths/year in U.S. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2005 09:55
Skye wrote:
It's about 5000 people a year in the U.S. which is about 10% of all traffic related fatalities. In Japan it's a higher percentage, more like 1/4 or 1/3 of all fatalities.

How many were hit by Hondas and is the little extra detailing on the Japanese accord's hood and grill (inspire) really gonna injure passengers anymore?

CD5acrd
Profile for CD5acrd
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2005 15:04
siegen wrote:
Although it is usually the pedestrians fault, a lot of the times, good lawyers will make it the drivers fault. I think it is a good idea on Honda's part. Not only does it make it look like Honda cares more than any other car manufacturer, but in all honesty, it could save a Honda driver thousands of dollars should they ever hit someone (regardless of who's fault it is). Most people don't have enough insurance to cover severage damage to a person from being hit by a car.

I don't care about pedestrians. I want a car that looks good as do most other people who by cars. If you look at most owner surveys regardless of manufacturer styling is one of the highest reasons for buying a particular. car. Pedestrians need to look where they are going. Stubby nosed minivan style cars are ugly. It's a bad move on Honda's part.

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2005 15:20
I think the problem is that if I hit someone at the speeds I travel back and forth to work no amount of designing in the world is going to help them. Kind of like making a train car safe is you ask me. I can understand if you are drving in manhattan but in most of the US that just is not the case. Heck even at 45-50mph a smack to the pavement would finish someone off.
Wizard
Profile for Wizard
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2005 16:02
At this point, I'm not even sure what we're discussing. But seeing references to pedestrian safety, it isn't a metrics in North American market yet, and may not need to be.

That said, Accord's unique grill (compared to the industry norm) is unique because Honda stylists wanted it to be. Non-conformity as it pertains to the grill has nothing to do with pedestrian safety.

accord1989
Profile for accord1989
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2005 12:03
I hate to admit it, but you said what I was sort of thinking. Sorry Pedestrians. (smile)
ipribadi
Profile for ipribadi
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2005 15:36
Wizard wrote:

Tell that to the new 2005.5 VW Jetta! ;)

imagineer
Profile for imagineer
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2005 17:22
wizard said this earlier:

...sorry but you're wrong, better take a closer look around you, there's more chrome riding on the road now than I've seen in a long time...look at everything from VW/Audi, or for that matter most new stuff rom Europe, look at the new Chev lineup, Chrysler, Toyota/Lexus, etc, etc...you get the idea, Chrome everywhere!...not saying I like it, but it's most definitely all over the place right now with no sign of disappearing any time soon...
2vtecs
Profile for 2vtecs
Re: No chrome Window surround, flat hood ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-20-2005 15:35
I own an 04 Accord Coupe EX and I love the rear, powertrain, and the interior. The front is a different story. I have always found it odd looking...kind of goofy looking. Unfortunatly Honda reworked the wrong end of the car. Still the best car for the money in my opinion.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0