[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
TSX --> Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting
Join Discussion......
RDX --> 2019 Advance Squeaks and Camera Issues
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hyundai Veloster N starts at $27,785
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interview Max Verstappen on F1 and Watches & the new TAG Heuer Verstappen Edition
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2018 CR-V price experience
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: MDX update schedule?
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2019 Honda CRV on Honda Canada Website
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2006 Accord Coupe Spy Shots > > Re: No HID's?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author

mininsx
Profile for mininsx
No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 06:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Pissed!

Altima, Maxima, Camry, Mazda 6 and 3 have available HID's. I guess they are waiting for the next generation? Not a smart move IMO. They have HID units for those headlights oversea's allready, I was expecting to see them in the US MMC...

Hopefully I'm wrong, but that looks to be a top of the line model, Honda generally doesnt have many "options" on their models, so I'm guessing they didnt make the cut...

CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 08:31
XenonKing.com!

Patrick

Sledge
Profile for Sledge
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 08:49
Are those "replacement" style HIDs any good? I have read that HIDs need a properly designed reflector, otherwise the lighting performance is worse than stock halogen bulbs.
NAfan
Profile for NAfan
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 10:33
HIDs may have been too costly to implement maybe? Who knows...personally I'd rather get rear disc brakes on the lower models. It pains me to see that the 05 Accord LX in my yard has rear drums when the 91 Prelude I used to drive had all wheel disc brakes. Shouldn't good braking be a part of "Safety for Everyone"?
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 11:10
Sledge wrote:
Are those "replacement" style HIDs any good? I have read that HIDs need a properly designed reflector, otherwise the lighting performance is worse than stock halogen bulbs.

they're pretty good at searing the retinas of oncoming traffic. And I believe you are correct that a proper HID design requires a proper reflector design to take advantage of the lighting.

muh_are_ten
Profile for muh_are_ten
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 11:22
I have an HID kit on my Gen7 Accord and I blind the hell out of people whenever I drive at night. I get high beamed a lot. You'll either need to get the Honda Inspire headlights which are around $500 plus ship or have a retro done. I am geting a retro done with Q45 projectors.
PrecisionCrafted
Profile for PrecisionCrafted
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 12:04
mininsx wrote:
Pissed!

Altima, Maxima, Camry, Mazda 6 and 3 have available HID's. I guess they are waiting for the next generation? Not a smart move IMO. They have HID units for those headlights oversea's allready, I was expecting to see them in the US MMC...

Hopefully I'm wrong, but that looks to be a top of the line model, Honda generally doesnt have many "options" on their models, so I'm guessing they didnt make the cut...

While you are correct, how many of those have HID's? Most Altima's, Camry's, and Mazda 6's that I see do not have HID's. Maxima's OTOH are a different beast all together.

Honda may have looked at the # of sales and decided that the cost wouldn't warrent it. Nowing Honda, HID's would not have been optional on the V6 but standard.

RX10
Profile for RX10
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 12:32
Honda is waiting to see the new Camry comes out next yr. If the new Camry has HID and I bet the next Accord will has HID.
'96 Accord4 Life
Profile for '96 Accord4 Life
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 13:08
mininsx wrote:
Pissed!

Did every one forget about "Safety For Everyone"???
Why Would Honda make an Accord that has HID's but impairs the vision of other drivers and pedestrians??? Oh yea I remember, "Were Honda and we care about some "Safety for Everyone" But not all the time, we are now going to introduce Headlights in all our vehicles that blind on comping vehicles, causes pedestrians an-inability to see without damging their retinas oh yea and we don't care about this safety because you know we just want to be in with the other car comapnies." Bull $hit, Hondas not introducing HID's in any accord soon.

mlody
Profile for mlody
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 15:00
'96 Accord4 Life wrote:
mininsx wrote:
Pissed!

Why Would Honda make an Accord that has HID's but impairs the vision of other drivers and pedestrians??? Oh yea I remember, "Were Honda and we care about some "Safety for Everyone" But not all the time, we are now going to introduce Headlights in all our vehicles that blind on comping vehicles, causes pedestrians an-inability to see without damging their retinas oh yea and we don't care about this safety because you know we just want to be in with the other car comapnies." Bull $hit, Hondas not introducing HID's in any accord soon.

Oh yes, if Honda had their breaks/tires like the rest of the pack in the class, I would not complain. How about driving at night and not being able to stop on time (cause Hondaís breaks/tires suck) because you could not see that far with regular headlamps? HIDís are a must for Honda because of the two things:
- fog lights are not standard where competition has them standard in most cases Ė it costs more to add fogs that it would them to offer standard HIDís; therefore not needing to offer fog lights
- breaking sucks compared to the competition (which is a fault of breaks/tires)

mlody
Profile for mlody
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 15:18
muh_are_ten wrote:
I have an HID kit on my Gen7 Accord and I blind the hell out of people whenever I drive at night. I get high beamed a lot. You'll either need to get the Honda Inspire headlights which are around $500 plus ship or have a retro done. I am geting a retro done with Q45 projectors.

No offense to anyone, but I also get blind a lot by such people who think that can get original HIDís for $100 or just some crazy white bulbs and blind everyone Ė is that called safety? If Honda offered them, people who wanted them, would get them as an original option, and problem solved!!!

aznstuart
Profile for aznstuart
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 16:53
HIDs are the few things that are separating the Accord from the Acura TL. The Hybrid Accord is now closer than ever to the TL. With only 5hp less than the TL, the main dealer breaker right now between these two cars may very well be the looks.

IMO, there should never have been an Acura TL. We should've gotten the TL as our Accord. The Acura TL should've been in the RL's form and the RL should've been up against the Lexus LS430.
The TSX, TL, Accord, and RL are priced to closely and size-wise are too close.

Stypek
Profile for Stypek
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 17:04
what ???!!!!! RL is priced closely to accord ? HA HA HA !!!!
HMMMM 25K vs. 40K. I have a hard choice......

hondaccordex93
Profile for hondaccordex93
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 17:31
the mazda 6 does NOT offer HID's, but the 3 does? stupid but true.
rjairam
Profile for rjairam
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 17:41
Sledge wrote:

Besides, anything other than OEM HID's are illegal for on-road use. Basically, there is no legal HID option for the Accord in the USA as of now.

aznstuart
Profile for aznstuart
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 18:06
Stypek wrote:
what ???!!!!! RL is priced closely to accord ? HA HA HA !!!!
HMMMM 25K vs. 40K. I have a hard choice......

Price-wise, the Accord, TSX, and TL are about the same. Size-wise, the Accord, TL, and TL are about the same.

aznstuart
Profile for aznstuart
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 18:07
oops, meant RL
STL
Profile for STL
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 18:30
Acura also doesn't exist overseas either. You're wrong about the Mazda 6 being available with HIDs, the Mazada 3 isn't even in the same class as an Accord, and the Camry drives like a boat. So the only real competiton that offers HIDs are the Nissans. So just go buy one of them (or an Acura TL) and quite being pissed.
STL
Profile for STL
Last I saw the Hybrid Accord has no... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 18:33
moonroof (or sunroof) and I think that would be a dealer breaker for most people who are looking at TLs. The TL also has a lot of other features -- not to mention good looks -- that the Accord doesn't have. I see no reason not to have an Accord, TL, TSX, and RL in the Honda/Acura lineups.
muh_are_ten
Profile for muh_are_ten
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 18:43
Problem is that Honda doesn't offer them for there north american car line (up outside of the s2000). You are right, Build it and they will come. Until then, retro's are the way to go. And most retro's being done are usinging OEM projectors mainly the s2000. Which are probably the best projectors for the money.
psyshack
Profile for psyshack
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 10:35
NAfan wrote:
HIDs may have been too costly to implement maybe? Who knows...personally I'd rather get rear disc brakes on the lower models. It pains me to see that the 05 Accord LX in my yard has rear drums when the 91 Prelude I used to drive had all wheel disc brakes. Shouldn't good braking be a part of "Safety for Everyone"?

Im also upset with Honda. No rear disc brakes on a car at 15k plus is flat out stupid. Very bad marketing move on there part to boot. I would go out today and buy a 05 lx-se coupe, 5 mt, I4 if it had rear disc brakes. It looks like there going to put them on the 06 lx-se sedan. But not the lx-se 06 coupe. I dont think there even going to offer a lx-se coupe in 06. The college boys or girls that thought that whole mess up need to be beat about the head and shoulders a bit with a drum casting.

Stevens24
Profile for Stevens24
Now it does [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 10:47
For 06 the Hybrid Accord has a moonroof.

CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 11:01
After purchasing a 2003 HID equipped Acura CL-S 6MT I told myself that every car from now on would have HID's. We have a slew of heavily wooded areas around here and visibility is key, especially when deer are out heavily at night.

I have bought 2 sets of "replacement" HID's, one for my 1995 Civic Ex sedan (8000K/projectors), and a set for my wifes 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring (5000K). There just as good as OEM equipped HID cars, Ive had no problems out of either set.
If you get a set, get something around the 4000-5000K. They put out more light and its about the same temperature the OEM's are. Silverstars are a joke to me as any other HID lookalike bulb. They might resemble the color put the lighting itself is on a totally lower level.

Xenonking.com gave me a good deal on both sets. There complete, no splicing, and use top end, high quality ballasts and bulbs. I think the temperatures available range between 3000K to 12000K, with the 4-5000K putting out the most light. They describe all the temps on the site, and have pix.

They also have a contest monthly. You email a picture of your upgraded HID equipped car (of course that you purchased from them) and if they pick you out they will refund your money for the whole kit, which is usually a little over $300.

Patrick

mininsx
Profile for mininsx
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2005 09:35
I truely thought the 6 had available HID's. I'm fully aware the 3 isnt in the same class. My point was that Mazda's little car has available HID's...

While you might think the Camry is a boat, it is a competitor to the Accord last I checked...

The Maxima's interior is too Space Shippy...

I think you missed my point, but I wont try to explain it to you again since you seem to be the kind of person that only see's things their way...

mininsx
Profile for mininsx
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2005 09:39
'96 Accord4 Life wrote:Did every one forget about "Safety For Everyone"???

You obviously have no knowledge on HID's if you think they are not a safety feature. You've seen too many rice boys put them in their civic's...

Why would almost every luxury brand have them standard on almost every car they offer if they were burning oncoming traffic's eyes...

Read up on it before you form an opinion that is wrong, because it just shows how un-educated you are on the topic...

Stypek
Profile for Stypek
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2005 09:44
'96 Accord4 Life wrote:
mininsx wrote:
Pissed!

And I thought that Hona and Acura is the same company. Acura has HID's. HHHmmmm......

mininsx
Profile for mininsx
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2005 09:45
psyshack wrote:
NAfan wrote:

Im also upset with Honda. No rear disc brakes on
a car at 15k plus is flat out stupid. Very bad marketing move on there part to boot. I would go out today and buy a 05 lx-se coupe, 5 mt, I4 if it had rear disc brakes. It looks like there going to put them on the 06 lx-se sedan. But not the lx-se 06 coupe. I dont think there even going to offer a lx-se coupe in 06. The college boys or girls that thought that whole mess up need to be beat about the head and shoulders a bit with a drum casting.

Um, this is why you dont buy an LX...

If your going to buy a new car, buy what you want. I, personally, would never buy anthing but an EX or better (SE, SI, Touring)...

I understand why they make the LX, but by the time your done dealing on an EX, you probably have not paid much more. When you compare what all you get extra on an EX or higher, it just doesnt make sense to me to buy anything lesser...

Back on topic, I think they should have put them on the top of the line Accord. Hybrid's and EX-V6L's only. I dont see how it would cost too much more, they allready have this setup on this car oversea's...

mininsx
Profile for mininsx
Re: Now it does [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2005 09:51
Stevens24 wrote:
For 06 the Hybrid Accord has a moonroof.

Are you serious?

I cant believe honda put a moonroof in a hybrid...

That's great news, but damn I would have been pissed if I bought an `05 hybrid. I looked at one, but that was one thing that was holding me back...

ff_
Profile for ff_
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2005 10:21
mininsx wrote:Back on topic, I think they should have put them on the top of the line Accord. Hybrid's and EX-V6L's only. I dont see how it would cost too much more, they allready have this setup on this car oversea's...

As a comparison, it costs an extra $700 to option a BMW 3 series with HID's. They aren't free.

STL
Profile for STL
Re: No HID's? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2005 10:45
So what Mazda's little car has HIDs as an option? Their "big" car (the Mazda 6) which is actually the Accord's competition doesn't. Furthermore, the only type of people who would consider a Camry (against an Accord) would be older folks who prefer a soft ride to handling and those kind of people don't care about HIDs -- in fact most despise them.

I just think it's silly you made such a big deal about the Accord not getting HIDs. Yes they would have been nice, but the lack of them is nothing to get so "pissed" over.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0