[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: From Acura RDX to BMW X3
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota wants new Celica or MR2
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interesting take on the "Camaro Crisis"
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: All-New Cadillac 2019 XT4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: First Ford, now Nissan dropping Sedans
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Audi Will Reportedly No Longer Offer Any Manual Transmissions in the U.S.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: SuperGT - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 BMW 8-Series
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2006 Accord Coupe Spy Shots > > Re: TL Rims?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author

vtecascendency
Profile for vtecascendency
TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2005 17:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Those look exactly like Last gen TL rims to me. I love them, but are they just on there for testing...?
'96 Accord4 Life
Profile for '96 Accord4 Life
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2005 17:53
vtecascendency wrote:
Those look exactly like Last gen TL rims to me. I love them, but are they just on there for testing...?

I would take a good guess that this is a 6spd-mt Accord So the rims will probably stay.

hbodu
Profile for hbodu
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2005 18:31
That would make sense, as in the 2006 Accord Sedan catalog, those are the rims on th 6-speed V6 sedan.
muh_are_ten
Profile for muh_are_ten
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2005 19:05
I think that this is an Auto. If you look at the seats they don't look to be perferated. I do belive that all 03-05 6spd have perf. Leather. I don't think that Honda would change that. Not feeling the rims. Tails look to be LED's. If so I feel a swap is in order. Probably with a little mod though.
osaze
Profile for osaze
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2005 19:08
These are the TL-Type S rims from the 2nd generation TL.
Cardm2e
Profile for Cardm2e
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2005 19:35
Except these are 17" instead of 16".
honjai
Profile for honjai
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2005 19:38
yup ... looking at the full res pics ... seats definitely aren't perforated.
LudegarH22A7
Profile for LudegarH22A7
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2005 20:02
Type-S rims have always been +1".
Cardm2e
Profile for Cardm2e
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2005 20:41
I stand corrected. I guess Honda had a bunch of these gathering dust in a warehouse probably when sales of the 2003 dropped off in anticipation of the NEW 2004 TL. All they needed was different center caps.
99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2005 21:49
you are right they are the TL rims exactly. I wonder if this is what is really going to be put on the car? Might be just like the wheels off the 1999 Civic si that disappeared and then showed up again on ex civics in 2003. I for one have always liked these wheels. Other than the fact that they scratch very easily.

AznSupastar
Profile for AznSupastar
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2005 22:42
can u say "let's not waste those Acura over stocked old TL rims"

i'm a bit disappointed with the new rims, oh well...better for my 03 coupe with those sexy 7 spokes!

hondaccordex93
Profile for hondaccordex93
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 00:37
These are some of the BEST rims they have EVER put on any acura or honda. They should deffinetly put these on the v6 6-speed. But i feel the same as everyone else, these are probably just left overs from the TL type-s.
penguin
Profile for penguin
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 02:43
Typical Honda. Not only were the 99-00 Si and last year's EX the same, but those rims were also on the last gen. Odyssey. You would think that Honda, no small player in this market, would be able to come up with a fresh design. In this case, they look old simply because they have been used before. If you want a good looking alloy (and car for that matter) look at the new Sonata (top trim level) rims. In fact, the new Sonata is so much more classy looking than the frumpy, Accord with it's anteater snout.
CybrRdr
Profile for CybrRdr
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 03:03
Hey stop hating! I like the wheels! Besides you can always swap them out for aftermarket wheels.

BTW, the "new" Sonata looks like the spawn of a previous gen Camry and Accord. Very original. ;o)

penguin
Profile for penguin
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 10:32
How about swapping "out" not just the alloys but the whole car. Not everyone has $1500 to just swap out alloys. The new Sonata does look like previous gen. Accord - a better design if you ask me.
JeffreynLA
Profile for JeffreynLA
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 11:28
osaze wrote:

I wonder if Honda is trying to lure old CL-S owners to the new Accord by using the same rims??

muh_are_ten
Profile for muh_are_ten
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 11:32
IMO stock rims suck for the most part. I realy have not seen any I would actually keep on my car. I have a 6speed and the first thing I did was dishing out $2700 for new rims and tires.

Wouldn't be cheaper to swap out the rims than the whole car since not everyone has $1500 for rims like you said?

Oh yeah the Sonata was a clone experiment from an orgy of car companies.

AznSupastar
Profile for AznSupastar
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 12:13
muh_are_ten wrote:
IMO stock rims suck for the most part. I realy have not seen any I would actually keep on my car. I have a 6speed and the first thing I did was dishing out $2700 for new rims and tires.

Wouldn't be cheaper to swap out the rims than the whole car since not everyone has $1500 for rims like you said?

Oh yeah the Sonata was a clone experiment from an orgy of car companies.

lol...orgy...sonata is the luv child of TL front & accord back.

i luv the 6sp stock rims, when i first got my auto v6, i tried to get those rims and no one would sell them cuz everyone luv them.

iivtecracerii
Profile for iivtecracerii
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 15:55
AznSupastar wrote:
lol...orgy...sonata is the luv child of TL front & accord back.

...incest?!

mlody
Profile for mlody
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 16:29
JeffreynLA wrote:
osaze wrote:

I wonder if Honda is trying to lure old CL-S owners to the new Accord by using the same rims??

CL was relatively rare and boring car that I highly doubt one would correlate wheels at this point except some Honda enthusiasts.

Cardm2e
Profile for Cardm2e
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 17:53
I seriously doubt that anyone would be "lured" into buying a car simply because of wheel recognition.
I think someone really likes the Hyundai Sonata and should go buy one and leave us Honda enthusiasts alone.
$2700, $1500? Where the heck are you buying your wheels and what's so special about them?
http://www.wheelsforless.com/motegi_racing.htm

muh_are_ten
Profile for muh_are_ten
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2005 18:35
I have 18" Dub Esinem Floaters. I plan on upgrading them to 20" but thats in the $4500+ Range. I'll probably do other mods instead, Haven't decided yet though.
'96 Accord4 Life
Profile for '96 Accord4 Life
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 00:28
muh_are_ten wrote:
I think that this is an Auto. If you look at the seats they don't look to be perferated. I do belive that all 03-05 6spd have perf. Leather. I don't think that Honda would change that. Not feeling the rims. Tails look to be LED's. If so I feel a swap is in order. Probably with a little mod though.

The 05' V6 6-spd isnt preforated either LOOK!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-HONDA-ACCORD-CPE-NAV-FACTORY-PERFORMACE-KIT_W0QQitemZ4567454997QQcategoryZ6254QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cardm2e
Profile for Cardm2e
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 02:40
I'm glad you have the means to spend that kinda coin on wheels for a $30k car but, to me wheels have a very simple purpose, they hold the tires and allow the car to move by rolling. Hopefully, they look real good to me and most people but, most importantly me. I don't need for them to do any special tricks that don't involve holding tires or moving the car and I damn sure aren't going to pay nearly 1/6th of the price of the car for them. But that's just me.
muh_are_ten
Profile for muh_are_ten
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 20:29
'96 Accord4 Life wrote:
muh_are_ten wrote:

The 05' V6 6-spd isnt preforated either LOOK!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-HONDA-ACCORD-CPE-NAV-FACTORY-PERFORMACE-KIT_W0QQitemZ4567454997QQcategoryZ6254QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you goto the Honda site the Perf. Leather is only avail. in the 6speed. And thoses are crappy pictures. I am just stating what is on there site and what I was told when I bought mine.

muh_are_ten
Profile for muh_are_ten
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 20:38
Cardm2e wrote:
I'm glad you have the means to spend that kinda coin on wheels for a $30k car but, to me wheels have a very simple purpose, they hold the tires and allow the car to move by rolling. Hopefully, they look real good to me and most people but, most importantly me. I don't need for them to do any special tricks that don't involve holding tires or moving the car and I damn sure aren't going to pay nearly 1/6th of the price of the car for them. But that's just me.

Yes, wheels do have a simple purpose. But so do cars for that matter. If everyone thought along those lines, we all would be rolling KIA's. Now I would spend $4500 on rims without blinking an eye. But I have a problem with spending $500 for better speakers. Go figure. Different strokes for different folks.

Cardm2e
Profile for Cardm2e
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2005 21:46
Whoa there Tiger! You want to spend $4500 on wheels, that's your business. I was just being practical and logical about wheels. Functionally, wheels are not complex and don't have moving parts, normally. I prefer wheels that look good and do the best job of holding tires, providing clearance for the brakes and being rigid to handle the loads required. Your comparision about cars having a simple purpose is not correct. Cars are complex with many moving parts and provide transportation or recreation in many different ways and means. If all I wanted was something to get me from point A to point B, I would never have found this forum.
Just because I don't have a desire to put on a show for everyone else and spend $4500 to do it, don't lump me into the category of boring transportation drivers. The fact is, you can't even see your wheels 'float' unless you drive by a mirror, a line of store front windows or have someone video tape it so, the show is obviously for bystanders and other drivers.
No one's asking you to defend your wheel choice or knock mine. It's just that until you mentioned your wheel choice, I thought that $300 a wheel was on the high end for sculpted alloy. I totally forgot about spinners and floaters.
I've always been a mechanical guy that likes to spend money on perfornance enhancements first and foremost. I don't have to stand out visually, apparently you do. It's just 2 different preferences on car style and performance.

muh_are_ten
Profile for muh_are_ten
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2005 00:53
Cardm2e,
I didn't mean to piss anyone off. Bottom line is cars are cars and rims are rims. Reality is, no one needs $4500 rims or cars over 30 grand. But hey, build it and they will come. People will spend thier money on the apperance of their cars others on performance. As long as they are happy, it is all good. We all can't like the same crap. Now that would be boring going from A to B.

Cardm2e
Profile for Cardm2e
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2005 04:00
Hey, who's pissed off? I apologize if it sounded like I was criticizing you, you have every right to spend your money on the stuff you want.
I guess I was just shocked that someone would charge so much for something that seemed like a gimmick to me and I was also surprised that someone was willing to pay the going price for something like that. However, I have to realize that there's always going to be someone paying a lot of money for something I wouldn't buy.
$4500 seems to be the going price for 22"-26" floaters, I hope you get yours 20" ones for less.
I like the look of the '06 EX V6MT rims and replacing them won't be a high priority but, if I do, I'll be looking to spend less than $600 on the Motegi DPK or DP5 and that's delivered.

osaze
Profile for osaze
Re: TL Rims? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2005 08:37
I'd have to agree with you here. It should be a plus for Accord coupe owners that Acura will use these rims, over-stocked or not, on this model. I have these rims now on my TL-S and wouldn't trade them for anything else. They are very strong looks great.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0