[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge·podge
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > VTEC.NET New Civic Poll > > Re: Resource limited

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

PerformanceCook
Profile for PerformanceCook
Why not all three???? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2005 17:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I work at a local dealership in Cincinnati. Honda could sell a Honda Civic Hatchback, Sedan and a Station Wagon. WOW what a great idea????? ALL THREE. Oops Hybrid also. Honda looses sales every year buy not providing all three models. 1) Sedan - for young family's. 2) Civic Hatchback for the young kids 3) Young family's alternative to the higher priced Honda Odyssey.

Can not wait to see the new Honda CIVIC!! Go Honda!!!

Sasker
Profile for Sasker
Re: Why not all three???? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2005 22:06
PerformanceCook wrote:
I work at a local dealership in Cincinnati. Honda could sell a Honda Civic Hatchback, Sedan and a Station Wagon. WOW what a great idea????? ALL THREE. Oops Hybrid also. Honda looses sales every year buy not providing all three models. 1) Sedan - for young family's. 2) Civic Hatchback for the young kids 3) Young family's alternative to the higher priced Honda Odyssey.

Can not wait to see the new Honda CIVIC!! Go Honda!!!

Well, I am not a kid, and don't have any kids, but I'd rather have a hatchback.

I like a car that is sporty _and_ practical, simply because I don't want to buy two vehicles. Anybody who has ever gone to the mall, or a garage sale, or whatever, knows the agony of having a trunk. To me a trunk is a waste of space.

A coupe is a nightmare in that regard, and a sedan isn't that much better.

A hatchback for me please.

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Why not all three???? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2005 00:05
One feedback for a request such as this. Honda R&D is actually facing a constrain in resource (believe it or not). Apparently a lot of their best engineers are helping out with the F1 program. And the best engineers are also asked to focus on SUVs and minivans because that's where the market is nowadays. So we can't just call and expect Honda to respond immediately to design 3dr hatches or wagons. They simply might not have the manpower to do it. What I am hoping to achieve is to get a sufficiently large sample size and then pass the result to Honda for their consideration. But of course I do not know what the final result will look like. The final result might well tally with exactly what Honda has been doing all these while and if this is the case, then we will probably not see anything come out from this poll. But the important thing is we tried.
Mechanic
Profile for Mechanic
Resource limited [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2005 07:31
You make an interesting point about Honda being limited in the number of engineers available for new model development. I'm trying to imagine how neat it would be to have the competence to work on Honda F1 projects.

But now that you raise the issue, if I had to choose between Honda's bringing several new Civics to market or Honda's winning a GP championship, I'll go with the latter. The long-term benefits of a championship would be felt for years throughout the entire company. In the interim, moving the RSX Type S running gear into the "Chicago Civic" will do nicely.

kiwikungfu
Profile for kiwikungfu
Re: Resource limited [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2005 00:14
i second that. and after those engineers have applied themselves to winning a GP championship, they can take what they learned and build the NSX replacement. and i will buy it.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0