[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge·podge
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > VTEC.NET New Civic Poll > > Re: Should ask about HP in the poll

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Ramp Signal
Profile for Ramp Signal
Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2005 17:29
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
What I really want is a Euro-style Type R, preferably a 5-door hatch or 4-door sedan. As a consolation prize, I'd seriously look at a "CSX" (nextgen Acura EL), if the rumored 200 HP version proves to exist, has at least 4 doors, and isn't too soft in the handling dept. Otherwise, I'll go with the upcoming MazdaSpeed3.
Acura fanatic
Profile for Acura fanatic
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2005 17:50
BUDDY WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT GET A MAZDA!!!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!
Brandtson
Profile for Brandtson
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2005 16:05
why? my girlfriend has a mazda 3 (with a slushbox of course), she's never had any problems with it, except it came home from the dealership without enough brake fluid. so far it has i think 15k miles on it, it handles great, gets good gas mileage, has decent passing power (but you really gotta crank it like it's a b-series). oh yea and the tires suck if they even look at water, but that's expected. and you can't see too well out of the rear for crap, but that's like every other new car including the 7th gen accords

and yea what the guy said above, i'm really looking forward to the mazdaspeed 3's those look sick as hell.

Acura fanatic
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2005 16:47
Ok. I dont mean to be rude but, try sellin that car in like 6 years and you wont even get Half of what you paid for it. Now lets look at the 1998 Acura 1.6 EL Premium with 110,000km the car is worth $9,500 Seven years.
The Mazda Protegé 5 is.........ok and a 2003 is selling for $14,000 imagine what its going to be worth in 3 years mind you the millage.

Brandtson
Profile for Brandtson
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2005 12:02
ok totally understandable (ford owns them :) but most people don't take that into consideration when buying a car. also, my 00' 5-speed lx civic has 60k miles on it without any body damage or dings or anything and is in fine working order, costed like 13k back in the day, and is now worth less than 8k. Actually I'd be lucky to get that much from anyone. and the demand for a 4 door 00 d16 civic is not really existant in my area, so I'll probably end up selling it for like 7.5k or even less.

unless you tell me how much a protege can stand up to that, then you have no argument (not saying that im right).

BiggJ12
Profile for BiggJ12
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2005 13:24
i really liked the honda posters that said, "your vehicles value at the end should be what you consider now"

most people don't take that into consideration when buying a car is why the big 2.5 sell so much. people who care about their investment buy a honda or toyota. and i bet 90% of those buyers KNOW what the vehicle will be worth in the future.

personally, after driving my buddies '03 Si with the jackson racing supercharger, H&R Sport Springs, and 17" Speedy wheels...damn! words cant describe how fast we could pull away from cars who wanted a piece

honda2112
Profile for honda2112
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2005 13:15
Iam an obsessive compulsive , ever since i've been researching cars i've come to one conclusion; if you want a vehicle that is stylish(most of the time), higly reliable(meaning NOT owned by ford!), has the performance, has the environment on mind first hand, superb gas mileage, and is usually ahead of the curve techno wise, and don't forget its phenominal resale value.
As I speak of resale value I mean for a car costing what it does, it holds well, i believe the only other manufacturer that is near the top of the list with Honda is BMW...that's good company.
My family does a lot of driving, since '94 we've had a '95 Civic EX, 2000 CRV EX, 2001 Civic EX, 2002 Accord LE, 2002 Civic LX, 2003 Accord EX-L, 2004 Civic LX, 2005 CRV EX. Not A SINGLE problem, my mother's '95 Civic went 150,000 miles, she neglected to change the timing belt, but never had a problem with that, in fact the ONLY thing she ever had replaced were tire and brakes. For the rest of my life, I am Honda devoted, because I know what I'm getting for my money(umm, even though the RidgeLine is way overpriced).

Bruvyman
Profile for Bruvyman
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2005 13:25
Ridgeline overpriced ??????? You're getting a lot more vehicle than a Pilot (Bigger wheels, more features, towing pkg built-in, heavier duty frame, etc etc etc) yet it is priced THOUSANDS less. How is it overpriced???
---This may be off topic but it needed to be said

BiggJ12
Profile for BiggJ12
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2005 13:47
What is the one conclusion you came to? That entire first "section" of your post is not even a coherent sentence. Why don't you finish your thought?
honda2112
Profile for honda2112
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2005 14:18
Unfortunatley I have to write in between work when i have a chance to sit down at my computer.
Honda is first and formost a motor company, I trust their products over all others, whether it's a generator, a lawn mower, ASIMO(it's true, got one in my basement), etc. I guess my conclusion is that Honda is the leader in quality manufacturing across the board, their track record proves the companys innovation and dedication to it's consumers, the market, and to themselves.
If you're going to put time and effort into buying something, you might as well do it right.

-sorry, i'll be a little more coherent next time

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2005 16:00
I bought my sister an '00 Value Package Civic just over 5 years ago. It has about 65k miles on it now, and is still in excellent condition. I paid just over $13k for it back then, and according to Kelley Blue Book, the private party selling price for the vehicle is still over $9k in AZ (where we bought it and she resides). That's still a nearly 70% retained value over 5 years which is simply _phenomenal_. When we were looking to trade it in on an RSX last year, we were offered almost $8k on the trade-in, which is usually much lower than what you can get selling the car yourself.

I checked on an excellent condition 2002 Protege5, which sold for about $16,500 new with no additional options. Current private party value is about $11.5k. That's a retained value of just under 70% after only 3 years.

This is not to say one car is better than another, but when it comes to small car residuals, the Civic kicks a lot of ass.

SC

Acura fanatic
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2005 16:40
Thank You for proving my point and i would like to apologize for being really rude to other people on this message board :) i think that overall im a bit disappointed that Honda is going to scrap the RSX, but hey, if i was lookin for a new car, the 06 Civic coupe would be my only choice
AznSupastar
Profile for AznSupastar
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2005 22:57
Ramp Signal wrote:
What I really want is a Euro-style Type R, preferably a 5-door hatch or 4-door sedan. As a consolation prize, I'd seriously look at a "CSX" (nextgen Acura EL), if the rumored 200 HP version proves to exist, has at least 4 doors, and isn't too soft in the handling dept. Otherwise, I'll go with the upcoming MazdaSpeed3.

OMG! Finally someone who enjoys the Euro concept type R. I blame the rest of NA Honda dept, gimme my sexy hatch R, not coupe Si.

honda2112
Profile for honda2112
Re: Should ask about HP in the poll [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2005 13:21
I agree, I would rather have the euro civic. For some reason it looks more smooth yet muscular, plus it's a 5-door. I love the way the rear doors are 'hidden'.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0