[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2020 Corolla Revealed
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Hydrogen Power coming back into focus?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda' new BEV
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Unexpected Low Coolant warning/service
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interview Max Verstappen on F1 and Watches & the new TAG Heuer Verstappen Edition
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 Advance Squeaks and Camera Issues
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hyundai Veloster N starts at $27,785
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > TOV Video: We discuss the RDX with Jon Ikeda and Dave Marek > > Re: Good, informative video, but...

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

carcrazy84
Profile for carcrazy84
Good, informative video, but... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-18-2005 18:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
as you noted, it is lacking in the lighting department. I understand the limitations in budget and everything, but theres no need for expensive studio lighting here. Just a simple on-camera light would greatly improve this, and give it a more polished, professional look.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Good, informative video, but... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-18-2005 19:11
Thanks, we actually had an "inexpensive" on camera light and it did absolutely nothing.

The problem was our setting and the extremely overexposed concept car in the background. The lights aimed at the vehicle were so intense that there's no way we could have asked the designers to conduct the interview with them blazing in their eyes. So we tried to take it off to the side just outside the glare of the lights, and we knew it was going to be suboptimal, but the XL2's lcd viewfinder was a little "optimistic" and made it look better than it turned out. No way I'm lugging an NTSC studio monitor with me to these things, but next time we have this sort of xenon arc torch lighting, we'll forget about trying to keep the subject car in the background. I'm chalking this one up as a learning experience.

carcrazy84 wrote:
as you noted, it is lacking in the lighting department. I understand the limitations in budget and everything, but theres no need for expensive studio lighting here. Just a simple on-camera light would greatly improve this, and give it a more polished, professional look.

dampflok
Profile for dampflok
Re: Good, informative video, but... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-18-2005 19:39
Jeez, there's gratitude for you. ;-]

carcrazy84 wrote:

carcrazy84
Profile for carcrazy84
Re: Good, informative video, but... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-19-2005 02:11
Just trying to offer some advice. :)
Heckler
Profile for Heckler
Re: Good, informative video, but... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-20-2005 12:51
It's hard to disagree with the original comments from carcrazy84, but Jeff responded in a professional manner so my hat goes off to you Jeff. As always, we appreciate what you all do.
revdwight
Profile for revdwight
Re: Good, informative video, but... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-22-2005 20:05
Jeff,

I just got broadband so its the first time I've seen the video portions of this site. My curiosity has been sparked now that I have seen you are actually interviewing folks from the industry. Its pretty cool that you have this feature.

I'll browse more on the site but perhaps you could direct me to a history of Temple of VTEC. Do you and Ryan or others have this site as your sole source of income or as a supplemental activity to your other work?

The fact that you even were able to get people in the production of concept vehicles on camera and then online is amazing to me. Keep them coming please.

Dwight

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0