[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "Moose Test". Nissan Kicks fail
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Passport spy pics
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No more 3rd gen FC Clarity, Hello 2020 4th gen
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Ring Round 11 MotoGP (spoiler)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The new and used Jeeps are moving off the lot in New Jersey
Join Discussion......
Accord --> How about Android car radio?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2 of 5 top tradeins on Tesla 3 are Hondas
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2006 Civic Spy Shots Emerge > > Re: That's obviously not a civic.

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

blueSi
Profile for blueSi
That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 21:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I don't know how many of you read European auto magazines like CAR or TOP GEAR, but the car in these pictures, though disguised, is obviously not a Civic. You can tell by the faint emblem on the front grill...it's an Alfa Romeo. The only other possibility is that it's a Peugeot (damn, I can't remember how to spell that), which is another popular European car that you can't get here in the states.

Besides, I believe it's pretty common knowledge among Honda enthusiasts that the hatchback Civic is gone when the next generation is unveiled. Think about it...how unpopular is the 2002-2005 Civic Si? It lists for almost $20,000. However, I don't know anyone who has paid more than $17,000 for a new Si, do you? The next Si will be a coupe, that much is for certain. Whether or not it packs the desired 200 hp is anyone's guess.

acuratings
Profile for acuratings
Re: That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 21:13
That's not it!!!
RyanDL
Profile for RyanDL
Re: That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2004 09:06
In Europe, hatches are king. Therefore, the next gen Civic will have at least 1 hatchback model. Whether it is exported to North America remains to be seen. Also, the rumor is that all next gen Civics will be produced in the UK to reduce manufacturing costs. Remember, Civics used to be available in econobox, bare-bones hatch trim. There will be several different body configs for the next Civic, so you can't discount that this isn't a spy shot of one model.

Ryan

blueSi wrote:
I don't know how many of you read European auto magazines like CAR or TOP GEAR, but the car in these pictures, though disguised, is obviously not a Civic. You can tell by the faint emblem on the front grill...it's an Alfa Romeo. The only other possibility is that it's a Peugeot (damn, I can't remember how to spell that), which is another popular European car that you can't get here in the states.

Besides, I believe it's pretty common knowledge among Honda enthusiasts that the hatchback Civic is gone when the next generation is unveiled. Think about it...how unpopular is the 2002-2005 Civic Si? It lists for almost $20,000. However, I don't know anyone who has paid more than $17,000 for a new Si, do you? The next Si will be a coupe, that much is for certain. Whether or not it packs the desired 200 hp is anyone's guess.

franckv
Profile for franckv
Re: That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2004 11:36
Funny thing is that a Honda official at the '04 Paris show told me that the closest thing that would spring to mind when we'd see the Civic is the Alfa Romeo 147, in terms of stance and wisual "aggression" (OK, that's a little exaggerated, but you get my drift). So, might be the Civic... ;o)
McHotte
Profile for McHotte
Yes, could be it. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2004 12:03
Yes, same impression here. European officials leaked out info, that the 06 Civic 5-door would be designed with those 'hidden' - alfa-like - door handles for the back row, so this actually might be it.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2004 12:05
RyanDL wrote:
In Europe, hatches are king. Therefore, the next gen Civic will have at least 1 hatchback model. Whether it is exported to North America remains to be seen. Also, the rumor is that all next gen Civics will be produced in the UK to reduce manufacturing costs. Remember, Civics used to be available in econobox, bare-bones hatch trim. There will be several different body configs for the next Civic, so you can't discount that this isn't a spy shot of one model.

Ryan

blueSi wrote:

Well, your point about hatchbacks is right. Now, the rest just can't be as you expect.
Honda Civic US sales are already larger than the full capacity of Honda of the UK manufacturing.

Also, Honda is already dropping the Si in Canada because of the exchange rate with the UK, and having big problems in USA because MSRP is just too high. I am pretty sure that the next performance Civic will be built in the US.

spini2k
Profile for spini2k
Re: That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2004 12:54
i'm willing to bet that the civic hatch is the MOST popular and sales leader of the civic range in europe and japan. Europe is all about hatches. not coupes.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2004 14:26
I must be the only one who likes it.
xlude
Profile for xlude
Re: That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2004 15:51
blueSi wrote:
You can tell by the faint emblem on the front grill...it's an Alfa Romeo.

Believe me it is NOT an Alfa Romeo.The new 147 is already on the european market, having made its debut only two weeks ago, and there are not new Alfa planned for the next two years.... and maybe forever, I'm afraid.

90Lude
Profile for 90Lude
Re: That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2004 16:06
how do i post images

i have a sketch of the 06 si coupe from motortrend that looks pretty plausible

franckv
Profile for franckv
Re: Image posting [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2004 16:18
Well, if I'm not mistaken, the picture link should look like this:
[ img="http://example.com/picture.jpg" ] without the spaces

And if you've got nowhere to put your pictures on the web, I would send you there: http://www.imageshack.us/ for it's free and bound to stay so!

shisero
Profile for shisero
Re: That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2004 03:01

RyanDL wrote:
Also, the rumor is that all next gen Civics will be produced in the UK to reduce manufacturing costs.

That is not probable since the British Pound is way too strong, it costs something like US$1.8 now, that's an anti-export level. Unless, like the Japanese often do with their Yen, they fiddle with its value to sustain exports. I don't see Blair/Brown doing that.

StellanH
Profile for StellanH
Re: That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2004 06:54
Considering the license plate and the right-hand drive I think this is the UK produced and UK registered new Civic and not some Alfa or Peugeot.

The guy in the passanger seat is obviousely Japanese.

The headlight arrangement is also very TSX/Euro-Accordish.

elementracer
Profile for elementracer
Re: That's obviously not a civic. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-23-2004 07:25
Well,I honestly dont think this is a civic either it doesent look like other sketchings or drawing I have seen. Also it is true it does look like it could be an Alfa Romeo. Well yes im hoping that this is not a civic.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0