[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Repair and Maintenance --> cylinder #1 running rich.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: FRS/86/BRZ Recall
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: New Honda Envix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Type S In New York?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I found the answer for solving EUs horrible car lineup
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Next gen TLX spied...
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: '06 Civic opinion from TOVrs... for Jeff

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
'06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 15:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/spy-shots-2004/H/honda-civic.html

we were actually just about to buy at least one of these pics, but i was waiting on seeing all of them (from the photographer) when somebody (AH-HA) sent me this link.

civic_cx_92
Profile for civic_cx_92
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 16:13
The seam lines on the roof and hood follows the '03-'05 Accord.
Huge swept forward front window.
The dual triangular exhaust is unique.
This could be four door hatchback, there seems to be room.
Awful rear window, reminds me of Renault Fuego.

It has the egg shape the '83 CRX wanted but didn't have.

vtecascendency
Profile for vtecascendency
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 16:16
Definetely seems to have a totally new look. The rear seems to take some come cues from the second gen prius with the rear window slpit by a spoiler. I dnot see any family resemblace tho....perhaps some Euro accord in the headlights....
hondaracer
Profile for hondaracer
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 16:19
looks to me like a five-door hatch, probably a european model that america won't see.

i have to say i see at least a little bit of the current NA accord in the styling.

RSX2K3
Profile for RSX2K3
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 16:23
If this is what the rear of the civic looks like.....I think Honda needs to change their design direction because its UGLY...you would think that because of the horrid sales of the Civic Si because of complaints that it looked too much like an egg would help them move away from that....and if this is what they came up with then I really question their design team

civic_cx_92
Profile for civic_cx_92
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 16:43
What makes me sick is they already spent tooling to bring it to this finished form.

Variation of this is what will be the next Civics...who was responsible for the design?

MugenLee
Profile for MugenLee
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 16:43
RSX2K3 wrote:
If this is what the rear of the civic looks like.....I think Honda needs to change their design direction because its UGLY...you would think that because of the horrid sales of the Civic Si because of complaints that it looked too much like an egg would help them move away from that....and if this is what they came up with then I really question their design team

AMEN to that!! I think the front cuts too fast and the back is way too circular (like one of those Daewoo hatchbacks I see around, or an old Geo Metro).

HONDA!!! Don't do this to me!!!! (I've been waiting for a 4Door Hatch Civic to come out to see if I should get it or a Jazz/Fit 4Door Hatch, hopefully, Jazz/Fit will be better than this. Or maybe they won't bring either to the US and I'll be forced to go with the Mazda!!!)

aznstuart
Profile for aznstuart
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 17:15
i think its just the black tape they used to comaflauge the real headlights.

honda should make the back more upright. right now, its too slanted.

SIVELOZ
Profile for SIVELOZ
Re: '06 Civic Meet chevy Optra5    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 18:40

civic_cx_92
Profile for civic_cx_92
Re: '06 Civic Meet chevy Optra5    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 18:58
Suzuki Reno from back end, this is a four door copy of '97 Civic HB.

SIVELOZ wrote:

carcrazy84
Profile for carcrazy84
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 19:04
My question has been unanswered so far in the news release on the main site.

How do we know for sure what car this is? Whether its a CRX or a Civic, or what? Did the photographer have some sort of inside access to that? I guess this also applies to all spy photographs like this.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 19:06
Well, the dual exhausts hint that it's some sort of performance version. But a 4-door CRX? I very highly doubt it. Maybe a 4-door (hatch) Type R (a 4-door was rumored) or perhaps a followup to the current 2.0L 160hp "Type-S" model.

carcrazy84 wrote:
My question has been unanswered so far in the news release on the main site.

How do we know for sure what car this is? Whether its a CRX or a Civic, or what? Did the photographer have some sort of inside access to that? I guess this also applies to all spy photographs like this.

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 19:19
And the styling nightmare continues...
howlinbjk
Profile for howlinbjk
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 19:37
I have just eaten dinner when seeing these pictures. There really should be a content warning on those pictures. Bloody aweful.
It looks like someone ran a clay model of the 7th generation through a large bovine and then put 4 wheels on the results.
But at least the WAY TO BIG headlamps are gone. Something goes terribly wrong at the b-pillar likely the worst looking rear end I've ever seen on any car. Did Honda hire the AZTEC Design team.
It's looking more and more like my next new car purchase won't be a Honda.

civic_cx_92
Profile for civic_cx_92
Re: '06 Civic opinion from TOVrs... for Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 19:49
Hi Jeff,

You said there are 50,000 TOV members on this site.
I've been visiting since before 2002, think almost everyone here is multiple-Honda enthusiast.

If you created a poll, do you think HMC will listen?

I think the rear end of this Civic could've been avoided if enough enthusiasts voiced their concerns.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: '06 Civic opinion from TOVrs... for Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2004 20:39
We have a polling module but it's doggone UGLY in "off the shelf" form. We haven't had time/expertise to fix it yet though.

on an informal basis I know Honda closely watches this site (and others) to monitor the "buzz on the street", but I agree a poll format is the most straightforward way to present the collective opinion.

civic_cx_92 wrote:
Hi Jeff,

You said there are 50,000 TOV members on this site.
I've been visiting since before 2002, think almost everyone here is multiple-Honda enthusiast.

If you created a poll, do you think HMC will listen?

I think the rear end of this Civic could've been avoided if enough enthusiasts voiced their concerns.

RayChuang
Profile for RayChuang
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2004 10:29
hondaracer wrote:
looks to me like a five-door hatch, probably a european model that america won't see.

Given that it appears that Honda will go back to the design philosophy of the previous Civic design before the current model, the front end of the prototype you see here may be common to all versions of the next-generation Civic. In short, the four-door sedan and two-door coupé versions of the next-generation Civic will look a lot like the disguised test vehicle shown in these pictures.

cyisalwayshungry
Profile for cyisalwayshungry
Re: '06 Civic opinion from TOVrs... for Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2004 11:37
Forget about the polling module. Just back the rear end of that thing into a pole. At least it would make the back end look better. OTH, the front looks great!
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2004 16:01
On one hand, I sort of like adventurous designs.. and this one most certainly is. I mean, the front looks like my EP3 and the back looks chopped a bit...

On the other hand, this design may just justify trading the EP3 for an S2K or Fit Type R (please, please) when the time comes.

I suppose we'll have to wait to see just how it looks without the wraps on.

Jeff wrote:
http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/spy-shots-2004/H/honda-civic.html

we were actually just about to buy at least one of these pics, but i was waiting on seeing all of them (from the photographer) when somebody (AH-HA) sent me this link.

hondaracer
Profile for hondaracer
well...and i agree, but...    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2004 18:07
howlinbjk wrote:
I have just eaten dinner when seeing these pictures. There really should be a content warning on those pictures. Bloody aweful.
It looks like someone ran a clay model of the 7th generation through a large bovine and then put 4 wheels on the results.
But at least the WAY TO BIG headlamps are gone. Something goes terribly wrong at the b-pillar likely the worst looking rear end I've ever seen on any car. Did Honda hire the AZTEC Design team.
It's looking more and more like my next new car purchase won't be a Honda.

i think styling is important, don't get me wrong, but i think where honda has slipped up with the civic, and really needs to make up ground, is not so much with styling but feature content, attention to detail, fit and finish and performance.

the seventh gen civic was such a dissapointment to me personally, partly because you just almost couldn't get anything COOL with it. i mean the mazda 3 offers leather, NAVI, sport packages, and so many detail oriented touches that make the civic look like a motor, seats and wheels in comparison.

interior design was such a let down on the current model, as well as interior fit and finish. seas of hard, black plastics, no impressive design details...

i think a funky exterior design could fly this time around, but they'd better not drop the ball on content and performance.

CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2004 18:13
I think the front resembles the TSX. If you look closely you can see the lights behind the tape and where the seems are.

Patrick

Wizard
Profile for Wizard
Re: well...and i agree, but...    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2004 18:19
hondaracer wrote:
the seventh gen civic was such a dissapointment to me personally, partly because you just almost couldn't get anything COOL with it. i mean the mazda 3 offers leather, NAVI, sport packages, and so many detail oriented touches that make the civic look like a motor, seats and wheels in comparison.

For an MSRP of $23,280, sure!

hondaracer
Profile for hondaracer
Re: well...and i agree, but...    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2004 19:33
ok, if mazda (ford) can offer it for $23K, i would think with honda's sales volume, superior manufacturing efficiency and superior engineering, that a similarly equipped civic could be done for $21-22K. which isn't unreasonable anymore for a compact car with that kind of content.
Wizard
Profile for Wizard
Re: well...and i agree, but...    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2004 23:44
hondaracer wrote:
ok, if mazda (ford) can offer it for $23K, i would think with honda's sales volume, superior manufacturing efficiency and superior engineering, that a similarly equipped civic could be done for $21-22K. which isn't unreasonable anymore for a compact car with that kind of content.

Mazda can afford anything. Honda cannot. For Mazda, it is about making noise to be heard. Honda is one of the reasons Mazda has to. As for Honda, it has to continue its focus and build upon it. You don't chase followers.

And $23K Civic for sake of getting leather, xenons etc would be a waste of time, IMO, and like Honda's too. They know what will sell. Think about it, for $2-3K more, you could get TSX. What would you like to buy? TSX or Civic with leather?

hondaracer
Profile for hondaracer
Re: well...and i agree, but...    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2004 11:29
Wizard wrote:
hondaracer wrote:

Mazda can afford anything. Honda cannot. For Mazda, it is about making noise to be heard. Honda is one of the reasons Mazda has to. As for Honda, it has to continue its focus and build upon it. You don't chase followers.

And $23K Civic for sake of getting leather, xenons etc would be a waste of time, IMO, and like Honda's too. They know what will sell. Think about it, for $2-3K more, you could get TSX. What would you like to buy? TSX or Civic with leather?

for a $23K civic, no. but my point is it wouldn't be 23, it'd be $21K. civics are selling for just under $20K now, so what's the big deal.

JJangmyun
Profile for JJangmyun
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2004 07:13
u sure this is a civic man? it looks more like a peugeot than a honda..
carcrazy84
Profile for carcrazy84
Re: '06 Civic opinion from TOVrs... for Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2004 20:41
How can anyone form a legitimate opinion about the rear end when its covered in camouflage?
KenB
Profile for KenB
Re: '06 Civic opinion from TOVrs... for Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2004 20:51
carcrazy84 wrote:
How can anyone form a legitimate opinion about the rear end when its covered in camouflage?

Exactly.

Remember the "spy shots" for the "RL" ?

You can't see much from this!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

carcrazy84
Profile for carcrazy84
Re: '06 Civic spied in Europe    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2004 21:08
u sure this is a civic man? it looks more like a peugeot than a honda..

Thats what I was thinking.

MugenLee
Profile for MugenLee
Re: '06 Civic opinion from TOVrs... for Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2004 23:15
I agree to a point that the mask hides some detail, but the general shape of the masked RL is actually remarkably close to the unmasked one, and this is the RL!!, Honda's top of the line model that hasn't been replaced in ages; so Honda probably went off on the masking, trying to hide details. I don't think the masking on this Civic 5 door hides very much from the overall egg shape of the car. Sure, we might not see some small details, but that mask ain't gonna get rid of the chunky butt. Just face it, this is one ugly car, don't blame the masking material, blame the designers!! I guess we can hope right?

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0