[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: 2019 Acura RLX
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Le CitroŽn Clarite FCDS
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Boeing, Airbus, GE, & Aerospace Leaders Confirm Electric Flight
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Extremely fitting
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: '08 Honda Leather
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > 2004 Civic Si Factory Performance > > Re: It's not hard to see...

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

teej
Profile for teej
It's not hard to see... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-18-2004 21:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
19K for the Civic Si or 20 will get you into an entry RSX. Of course, while you're there, the Type S is only 23K....not hard to see why they aren't selling any. The FP? Completely rediculous....besides, most who want a "tuned" car want to be involved with the "tuning". That's probably half the reason for doing it.

Personally, I stay away from both. Insurance on two/three-doors is reason enough not to buy. Go TSX!

gilbert
Profile for gilbert
Re: It's not hard to see... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-18-2004 23:56
Well, most people stink at tuning, especially suspension tuning. Honda provides a fully tuned suspension package. Anyway, I highly doubt that Honda will sell many FP packages. In my opinion, the only upgrade you really need to get for a Si is the Hondata reflash.

Gilbert

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: It's not hard to see... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-19-2004 10:37
Don't forget the wheels and tires.... The suspension is fine with me, a bit soft, true, but a good compromise. But it does need bigger wheels and tires.... 16 inchers for me.

I've looked into the new '04 tires and they're All Weather too.... I wonder why AHM keeps playing cruel jokes on us with their tire choices.

gilbert wrote:
Well, most people stink at tuning, especially suspension tuning. Honda provides a fully tuned suspension package. Anyway, I highly doubt that Honda will sell many FP packages. In my opinion, the only upgrade you really need to get for a Si is the Hondata reflash.

Gilbert

constructicon
Profile for constructicon
Re: It's not hard to see... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-19-2004 13:43
TonyE wrote:

I've looked into the new '04 tires and they're All Weather too.... I wonder why AHM keeps playing cruel jokes on us with their tire choices.

Tony, regardless of what you believe to be true, there is an entire country that exists outside of California. Some places actually get this stuff called snow. It's a frozen form of rain. Crazy, right? ;)

Oh, I think you should consider a set of SSR Competition wheels for the OTR. Lightweight, and oh so pretty.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: It's not hard to see... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-19-2004 19:20
Now don't be so harsh on me, we do get snow in California too.

My concern is that the tires that are going into Honda's nowadays are not that good in the dry nor in the wet.

For example, my 93 Vigor had good Bridgestones, then when time came to replace them, the dealer put in the new OEM Michelins which were bad.

My GSR and Type SH had Michelins, which although not great, were better than the ones that come in the RSX-S.

Oddly, it isn't that AHM is putting "cheap" tires.. perhaps they got a deal with Michelin on F1?

constructicon wrote:

Tony, regardless of what you believe to be true, there is an entire country that exists outside of California. Some places actually get this stuff called snow. It's a frozen form of rain. Crazy, right? ;)

Oh, I think you should consider a set of SSR Competition wheels for the OTR. Lightweight, and oh so pretty.

SiRGeoffroy
Profile for SiRGeoffroy
Re: It's not hard to see... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2004 12:51
I've had my '04 SiR since June, since then I never had any regrets. It's the best car for the price (when, of course, you buy it at the end of the year with so many rebates, as for me, it was 4000 CDN$ rebate that motivated me...) Yes, I've considered an RSX, which I believe has a much nicer look. But, you have to consider that for almost for the same price, you don't get any goodies in the RSX... No sunroof, no cruise control, etc. And also, the interior as very cheap seat finish! It almost looks like an old Volkwagen! I'm not that old (31) but I love this car for all it does for me. It reminds me of the older civics I loved so much (1500S and the first Si), and since, at the time, I could never afford a brand new one, I'm now in paradise!

Also, the fact that there are almost no SiR sold around, everyone looks at my blue SiR wondering what is it. I like the looks. There are so many RSX on the road...

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0