[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Type R --> Re: '19 Variations on the CTR?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: A big finger to handbrake turns
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 10th generation Accord Mk2 - niggles fixed with minor tweaks!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ford "pulls an Acura" in their latest commercial
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mazda CX-5 to get 2.5 Turbo Engine?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Aragon MotoGP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Custom Paint Job Civic Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Inspire test drive video
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: 2018 Acura NSX Review - The Best Everyday Supercar
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Best-selling Fit Lifts Honda's August Sales to Number Two in Japanese Market > > Re: Jazz sounds better

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

PwrOfDreams07
Profile for PwrOfDreams07
Honda Needs To... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2004 12:14
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Do what they did in Japan and Europe here in N.A. If I am reading the charts correctly, N.A is the only market without a sales increase. I think Honda needs to do here to Honda what they did to Acura, while keeping Acura Updated Frequently (No Slacking Off!) as well as Honda. IMO, The Accord is the best car in its class, but the styling is not over the top. What is wrong with making a practical, best in class car stylish? I think that if the Accords style was over the top and most everyone loved it(lets face it, I like it, but I know a lot dont, and it could be improved) I think that without a doubt it would outsell the Camry big time. Now the Fit/Jazz is supposed to come over here(and will hopefully boost sales) but personally, I dont like the name 'Fit', The Honda Fit IMO sounds stupid compared to Honda'Jazz' Or Honda 'Latitude' ( I think Jazz sounds the best) Hopefully the next civic will be over the top in all aspects, inclding performance, STYLE and others and that could too booost sales.
Wizard
Profile for Wizard
Re: Honda Needs To... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2004 13:59
I couldn't disagree with anything you said.
6SPDTL
Profile for 6SPDTL
Re: Honda Needs To... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2004 22:43
Fellas, the reduction in exports to the USA is due to the fact that essentially all american models are made here. No need to send them from over there. Basicly the only model now brought in from Japan is the TSX, and that one is selling like hot cakes!

HondaF11
Profile for HondaF11
Re: Honda Needs To... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2004 00:15
Better add RSX and RL to that list.
RayChuang
Profile for RayChuang
Re: Honda Needs To... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2004 10:44
The Honda Fit is pretty much confirmed for the US market as a 2006 model, most likely initially imported from Brazil at Honda's newly-opened assembly line there. The North American-market Fit will likely be similar to the higher-end Fit models sold in Japan with the 105-108 bhp (SAE) 1.5-liter VTEC engine (L15) but in left-hand drive form, of course. =) We may see both five-door hatchback and four-door sedan versions.

I do see a variant of the Edix/FR-V sold in the US market (the Acura version called the Acura RDX has been confirmed; we may see a Honda version called Honda Latitude that could even replace the CR-V, given that the Edix/FR-V is easily adaptable to 4WD).

Honda Fan
Profile for Honda Fan
Re: Jazz sounds better [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2004 12:42
Jazz definately sounds cooler than Fit, especially if it is intended to target younger crowds. Jazz relates to the music style and is inherently cool.

Fit? Fit what? smaller people, or having a fit for the lack of horse power? Not that a name would kill a car, but it does make a difference. Otherwise, Honda would have not have changed the name for European markets.

RAdams
Profile for RAdams
CR-V = powerful brand [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2004 13:08
I guess anything is possible, but I don't see Honda replacing the CR-V with a model with another name.
OldCivic92Lover
Profile for OldCivic92Lover
Re: Jazz sounds better [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2004 19:02
Honda Fan wrote:
Jazz definately sounds cooler than Fit, especially if it is intended to target younger crowds. Jazz relates to the music style and is inherently cool.

Fit? Fit what? smaller people, or having a fit for the lack of horse power? Not that a name would kill a car, but it does make a difference. Otherwise, Honda would have not have changed the name for European markets.

The Honda names are music!

Accord means "chord" (3 music notes, like Do - Mi - Sol)
Prelude means a musical piece (Preludes from BACH)
Jazz means a musical style (...) (I agree, it's better than FIT)

And the other names. Ahem, they have a very good piece of music: VTEC!

buddha
Profile for buddha
Re: Jazz sounds better [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-05-2004 09:10
In the Far East, fit is taken to mean someone who is in shape and healthy. In that context, it's perceived as a very good name. Of course, for the actual English speaking world, it's rather odd and puzzling.
3sc-ody
Profile for 3sc-ody
Re: Jazz sounds better [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-06-2004 07:36
Buddha: that's a very good explanation for why the name is so popular in Asia -- no wonder North Americans don't like it as much -- we can't relate!! I wonder how they came up with the name 'Jazz' for Europe (I think Australia uses 'Jazz' too). I thought that 'Fit' referred to everything that you can fit into a Fit, but if they went with a campaign like that, it would be seen as a complete rip-off of a very similar campaign for the Echo HB in Canada.

Personally I think Fit will be bland to North Americans, but Jazz will be really cool. It can be a young, hip, soulfull, night-focused name. How many cities here have Jazz festivals? Lot's of potential to play on the name.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0