[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
More.......................
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Hydrogen Power coming back into focus?
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Re: 06 odessy spark plug tube leak
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Valve adjustment needed?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Honda's Hawk: LSR-Attempt Bike
Join Discussion......
Honda Power Equipment --> Re: Considering a Honda mower
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: 2022 TLX FR plank
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Super GT - spoiler
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Roof rails and cross bars installed -- MDX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Politician's cars
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My TLX so far
Join Discussion......
Accord --> 2019 Accord Release Info
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > Honda Rules the MME 2004 !! > > Re: Nice report Wong!

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Nice report Wong! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2004 01:42
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Wow to be in the pits during the whole event and then see the team finish 1st and 3rd overall, what more can you ask for, well I guess for the 26 car to finish 2nd. :)

I am really curious as to what was done engine wise. Maybe a straight K20A head swap onto the K20A3 block. Possibly using the Mugen ECU. And if those things were not done, then OH DAMN, it will be even more impressive.

Completely different race settings, but I will be in Shanghai in 15 days to watch the inaugural Chinese race. I can hardly wait, as this is my first time to go anywhere. I don't count coming to Japan as going anywhere, since I have lived here for the past 11 years now. Anyways, I hope that I can see 1 or both Hondas finish on the podium, maybe even that top-step for Taku-san.

Chris

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Nice report Wong! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2004 02:39
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the compliment !! :)

The engine/gearbox were taken off a DC5 ITR (yes, your car !! :) ) and then the engine alone was sent over to MTEC/Mugen for some additional work for endurance racing. But not much was done to the engine because fuel economy and ability to last 12 hours at or near full revs was considered the most important requirement. You'll be 'dissapointed' (as was I) if you know the rated power of the engine (i.e. practically the same level as the stock engine !).

I am writing a technical overview of the car at the moment. Detractors are always the same, before the race, they laugh at the Civic, after the race, they start saying all kinds of things about how the car was a one off special project from HRD. So my article is important to a degree to Honda Malaysia because it will help to dispel all the nasty talk that have been going around about the cars. As a result I am taking a bit more time than normal because I am being extra careful. Hopefully I can get it out by next week. Hopefully would be an interesting read to all.

Enjoy yourself at Shanghai. If you haven't been there, it's a very nice city to visit and just be a tourist. Shopping & food are great, especially if you don't have any special dietary requirements. Oh yes, I echo your sentiments. I really hope that Sato will do well at Shanghai, at least on the podium if not the 1st step. Looking forward to the race. But first of course we have Monza to go this weekend.

Siong
Profile for Siong
Re: Nice report Wong! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-19-2004 04:05
Yes...... WOW, Honda doing great, can't wait for your updates on the car technical spec, anywhere thanks for the effort.........(",)
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Nice report Wong! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-19-2004 22:41
Thanks. The article is 80% completed, I am still shifting through the huge amount of photos (Honda Malaysia sent me almost 500 photos to use for the report and I myself have close to 200, so it's quite difficult to select) to see which ones to be used in the report. The technical report itself is probably 95% completed. It's a 3-page report. But there will still be a slight delay because I need to have the report technically validated by the HMRT technical staff (they are THAT serious about their car !). Also I hope you have at least 56k dial-up because I have made some nice images for the report.
Siong
Profile for Siong
Re: Nice report Wong! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-21-2004 06:40
That's lots of photo, so lucky I have a broadband here .... :) really can't wait to read the new coming report, coz I driving these Civic olso, and again so lucky for us Honda Fans that Honda Malaysia brings in this 2.0 civic.....cheers
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Nice report Wong! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-21-2004 07:11
Ah, so you drive a Civic, current generation ? 1.7l or 2.0l ? I am quite confident you'll love the report. Unfortunately I have to work several late nights this week so the report is delayed slightly. Almost completed and should be out in a few days time.
Siong
Profile for Siong
Re: Nice report Wong! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-21-2004 19:44
Yup, is a 2.0l iVTEC, enjoy your report writing, a good report takes time :)

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0