[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Civic --> 2001 Honda Civic non-vtec to vtec engine switch
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: F1: Montoya says Honda is the most powerful

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Honda Dream
Profile for Honda Dream
F1: Montoya says Honda is the most powerful    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2004 08:37
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Vorausblickend auf die kommenden Übersee-Rennen prognostiziert Montoya: "Honda hat die meisten PS, und ich rechne damit, dass sie beide Male siegen werden. Dann kommt Ferrari, dann weiß ich nicht - vielleicht haben Toyota, BMW und Mercedes alle die gleiche Leistung."

Translation: Looking at the coming races over the see Montoya anticipates: "Honda has the most hp and i think they win both. Then there is Ferrari and I do not know maybe Toyota, BMW and Mercedes have the same power rating.

"Ich weiß zwar nicht, wie viel PS Honda genau hat, aber die sind drei bis vier km/h schneller auf der Geraden. Dazu brauchst du schon deutlich mehr Motorleistung", erklärt "Monty"

Translation: " I don't know how much hp Honda produces, but they are 3 to 4 km/h faster on the straights. You must have significantly more power for that" says Monty.

http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/generator/www.sport1.de/Sportarten/Formel1/Berichte/Aktuell/f1_20montoya_20kritisiert_20bmw_20mel.html

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: F1: Montoya says Honda is the most powerful    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2004 09:31
Perhaps it was JPM who furtively approached Honda about a ride...
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: F1: Montoya says Honda is the most powerful    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2004 09:52
Yeah, sounds like he's starting to set the stage...

JMU R1 wrote:
Perhaps it was JPM who furtively approached Honda about a ride...

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: F1: Montoya says Honda is the most powerful    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2004 10:14
I still think Micheal Schumacher might be secretly considering a ride with BAR-Honda after his contract with Ferrari expires next year. I noticed he has been very 'kind' to Honda throughout this season, even when most have been openly sceptical about BAR-Honda's pre-season testing pace, if I remember correctly, MS never had anything really negative to say. Or perhaps I remembered wrongly... Anyway.... :)

BTW, GW has came out to openly say that finishing 2 cars in the points has now become the priority. And that probably means we will start to see BAR-Hondas 'pacing' their cars in situations similar to the last race. Pros and Cons to it of course.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: F1: Montoya says Honda is the most powerful    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2004 10:26
You know I'd almost be disappointed if MS signed with BAR.

First of all, his salary would drain so much money from the rest of the team. But if they started winning consistently, people would dismiss the achievement to some extent because "of course they're winning, they have MS". Right now it's clear that he has the hardware (Ferrari) it takes to win. But I bet he could dominate in the current BAR cars or even the Renaults too. Maybe not, but it seems that way to me.

I'd rather see Button and/or Sato play the role of giant slayer.

Don't get me wrong, I think MS is one of the best drivers ever. I just like pulling for the underdog a lot of the time.

WongKN wrote:
I still think Micheal Schumacher might be secretly considering a ride with BAR-Honda after his contract with Ferrari expires next year. I noticed he has been very 'kind' to Honda throughout this season, even when most have been openly sceptical about BAR-Honda's pre-season testing pace, if I remember correctly, MS never had anything really negative to say. Or perhaps I remembered wrongly... Anyway.... :)

BTW, GW has came out to openly say that finishing 2 cars in the points has now become the priority. And that probably means we will start to see BAR-Hondas 'pacing' their cars in situations similar to the last race. Pros and Cons to it of course.

Roger1
Profile for Roger1
Re: F1: Montoya says Honda is the most powerful    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2004 13:32
I definitely do NOT want to see Michael drive for BAR-Honda. And I am almost certain that he will retire at Ferrari, as he has said over and over in the past, so I am not worried.

Michael is the best driver, but I want to see Honda beat him with technical superiority. You are right in that if MS drove for BAR-Honda, everyone would just say the winning is because of him. Screw that. Honda will be winning races very soon, and be fighting for #1 in the championship in 2005/2006.

Trust me guys, it is not Michael Schumacher. It could be Juan-Pablo Montoya, or Kimi Raikkonen, or even Rubens Barrichello, but it is not MS. And David Richards might very well decide not to sign any of them.

magueto
Profile for magueto
Re: F1: Montoya says Honda is the most powerful    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2004 13:55
Definitively Michael S. never, never…….never will drive a BAR, he will retire with Ferrari.

And, if Dave Richards wants to hire another driver, please sign anyone except Rubens B. and Ralf S. those two drivers are………………no words.

CivicGSiR
Profile for CivicGSiR
Re: F1: Montoya says Honda is the most powerful    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2004 14:12
Well, being a looong time Honda guy & a Fin, I would be more than happy to see Kimi drive for BAR. Although, I doubt it will happen.
With Japanese & British drivers, there isn't much room for anyone else.
the RB option is interesting though. if i recall, it seems like he inked a somewhat short term deal with Ferrari not to long ago? like a 3 year or something.
that would be bitter sweet for RB. going head to head with MS with no team orders.

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: F1: Montoya says Honda is the most powerful    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2004 21:48
Well personally I DO NOT want to see the current driver line-up changed. I'd much rather see the JB/TS combo start winning the race and the manufacturer's championship if not also the drivers championship before we see any change in driver line-up. Even if we can argue that neither JB nor TS will ever become as good as people like MS, etc, I still think the combination of the driver, car and team will see us win.

Personally I think Ferrari has almost sort of stagnanted in terms of development by now, hopefully, whereas BAR-Honda is clearly picking-up pace. Didn't we used to rejoice a statement by some media that says something like Honda is like a steam-roller, we might be slow to get moving but once we do, nothing stands in our way.

Anyway I think I will stay off replacement drivers threads from now because I want to stick by my opinion that the current line-up of JB & TS is the one I want to see next year dominating the champion.

Roger1
Profile for Roger1
Re: F1: Montoya says Honda is the most powerful    (Score: 2, Insightful) 06-08-2004 02:37
Unfortunately they are going to keep improving the Bridgestone tires and the way they work with the Ferrari suspension/chassis, so with more and more traction on tap, they won't be stagnated. No team does as much tire testing as Ferrari, and Bridgestone is fully committed to only one team.

Honda just has to counter them with superior engineering. I truly believe that the Honda engine and gearbox is already far superior to what Ferrari/Sauber are using, and the aerodynamics are on-par. We need to work more with Michelin to get everything working there (especially improving consistent traction over 20-30 laps)... and keep doing the right things to improve the drivers. We can see that even with lesser drivers, our qualifying pace is very very close to Ferrari, and no one else is close (except for strange tracks).

To be honest, I wouldn't mind losing Jenson to a superstar like Kimi Raikkonen. However, there is something special about Takuma Sato, enough that I am willing to wait a little longer to see what he can do.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0