[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Type R --> Re: '19 Variations on the CTR?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: A big finger to handbrake turns
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 10th generation Accord Mk2 - niggles fixed with minor tweaks!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ford "pulls an Acura" in their latest commercial
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mazda CX-5 to get 2.5 Turbo Engine?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Aragon MotoGP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Custom Paint Job Civic Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Inspire test drive video
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: 2018 Acura NSX Review - The Best Everyday Supercar
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: SATO's supportors thread

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Vinny
Profile for Vinny
SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 14:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I know there are a number of people who thinks Sato's move on RB is reckless, stupid... I also know there are people who think this is a brave move. For those for you who wants to back Sato, please show your support here.
IMO, Ruben is just too erragont. As is a lot of F1 drivers. Sato's move is call "wheel to wheel racing at it's best"
Come on Ruben, if you check the mirror you should know Sato is breaking A LOT later then you and he is approaching you a high speed. WHY THE HECK ARE YOU STILL TURNING INTO HIM? One simple answer, YOU DIDN'T CHECK THE MIRROR RUBEN. And in the press conference he said Sato was completely sideways. WHAT THE HECK? We have replays Ruben you know. We saw Sato was not sideways when he turn in. Instead it's Ruben who closes the door and hit Sato. This move is a bit similar to the one Ralf did to Sato.
A lot of new age F1 driver like to wait until the they are 100% sure before they make a move. BORING~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JV, Montoya.. including Sato.. are the chargers that make F1 exciting.
Just wants to say thank you Sato San for a good show in Germany. It's this kind of performance that make it worth my time to sit in front of TV for 2 hours to watch the race. And hope your first win will come this season.

rnd
Profile for rnd
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 14:39
(Too many different threads.) So I'll avoid repeating anything that has already been said.

he has my vote, +1 SATO, keep it up.

racez
Profile for racez
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 15:11
Give them hell Sato!
racez
Profile for racez
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 15:22
I think this is a learning year for BAR Honda. ( Who would thought a podium finish is a disappointment for BAR just a few month ago.) The whole team is now just beginning to learn what is it to take go to the front. They have spent so much time in the back of the grid in the past to even worry about the little details, a couple of seconds here and there simply didn't matter.

As long as the whole team is improving and learning from their mistakes, I am happy. On the positive side, I have noticed the regular pit stops (barring the slow nose cone change) has much improved in this race compared to previous races.

eiurrutia
Profile for eiurrutia
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 15:55
Sato is the Man....once he gets more expericened he will be a beast.
Merdan
Profile for Merdan
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 17:22
Sato is the person who makes F1 exciting. The important point is that he is fast. That is the point. When he has more experience i believe he will be one of the best drivers.
Dragcrab.com
Profile for Dragcrab.com
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 17:43
Sato supporter here.
IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 18:22
I will ring up my support, if any of you have followed any of my posts you will see I am a strong supporter of the Rising Sun TAKU. I have tried to persuade people to see that he has a natural gift and he is honing it. Some have come around.

Some though, come on it has been 7 races, if he doesn't have it now, he never will, PURE RUBBISH in my eyes. He DOES have it, you must literally be blind to not see that or is some's case, maybe still pist because he took over JV's seat and they still think JV would be doing better. Would he be? I can't say, because last year Button completely showed him up and scored double the points up until Suzuka, and had one less race having to sit out Monaco.

Anyways this thread is about TAKU-SAN. I am glad to see some of you come out of the woodwork and show some belief in this guy. Keep the belief going, you will not be disappointed in the long run. And hopefully some of the others here will finally get it and realize the team already has a great driver lineup and if you don't finish first, nothing else really matters in the end. The team is on the teeter-totter now of really challenging BIG RED and there is no room to be complacent with just finishing behind them.

Sato has that natural fire of pushing hard to move forward.

Tentos
Profile for Tentos
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 21:23
Sato definitely has the goods to be a winner. He needs more seat time. I will guarantee you that he will get a win before Button. Button is good, but for some reason he just doesn't give me the vibe that he is a racer at heart. I may be wrong about Button, but I still feel Sato will get the win first.
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 22:07
I think Sato deserves our support too. I know many Honda fans have been frustrated by some of his mistakes but he's fast, aggressive, and on a learning curve and I'm sure he'll deliver soon. Just as the driver has to be patient as the team develops the car the team has to be patient in developing the driver as long as he shows improvement and has the right attitude.

I'd hate to see Honda dump Sato early the way Toyota dumped McNish and Salo (which was basically Toyota trying to blame their shortcomings on their drivers).

csium
Profile for csium
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 22:37
JMU R1 wrote:
I think Sato deserves our support too. I know many Honda fans have been frustrated by some of his mistakes but he's fast, aggressive, and on a learning curve and I'm sure he'll deliver soon. Just as the driver has to be patient as the team develops the car the team has to be patient in developing the driver as long as he shows improvement and has the right attitude.

I completely agree. Sato is growing as a driver. He is developing the skills and timing to accompany his demonstrated talen -- he will become an excellent driver. I remember when people where talking about Button as a second rate driver behind JV. I think Sato will show his nay-sayers much the same way that Button did.

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 22:52
Do I need to state the obvious ? :)

Anyway, I'd admit that my support for him has partially been clouded by the fact that Honda is backing him and also partially from the good impression I got when I met him in person back in March.

But still I think Sato has the fire that is missing in many of the F1 drivers today. I mean take a look at how he reacted with the 'racing incident', He never triies to blame RB ' he turned in on me' or something like what the crybabies have been doing this year (need I mention their names ?). I mean if the crybabies have their way, no-one will overtake and anyone who makes a daring move will be called reckless and ought to have their racing license suspended !

Again I am hurting everytime Sato makes a mistake but then that's part of the learning game. Again the obvious, I am confident he will deliver soon, very soon.

ViceCity
Profile for ViceCity
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2004 23:12
Everybody make mistake. But Sato make lots of Good things as well. I support him and dont let his one silly mistake ruin what he have done so far.

Go Sato Go! Dont Look Back.

IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-01-2004 01:48
I still don't see it as a mistake. I know I am in a minority here, but there is only 2 places to really overtake, he went for one of them. Rubens completely left the door open and Taku moved in. I would of called it reckless if he went in, brakes were completely locked up and he couldn't really make the line, he was spot on, perfect in my eyes. Car was completely under control, the mistake was RB not bothering to look in his mirrors and also for braking way too early and just assuming that because his car is scarlet nobody is going to really challenge.

I have watched it over and over and over, everytime I see the same thing, RB definitley turned in without bothering to pay attention to the track. Look at when MS came down the straight and MW came from the pits, MS could of easily just done the same thing and turned in, granted this is not exactly the same as MW was in front, but MS changed his line. RB was just ignorant in the situation and just assumed that TAKU would allow his laziness on track stand. I guess RB wasn't really paying attention at the very beginning of the race either when TAKU pulled off the same maneuver in the same corner and broke much later than the rest of the field. Again completely under control.

A reckless move, one that easily comes to my mind is one involving JV at INDY on HHF. Coming down the straight, JV was out of control and just about took HHF with him into the grass. There was none of this shown from Sato on his attempted pass on RB, he had it and it should of stuck.

Vinny
Profile for Vinny
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-01-2004 14:20
From Planet-F1:
"Peter Collins, the former boss of Team Lotus who has since gained a reputation as F1's leading talent spotter, also enthused over Sato's performance.

"Sato is the perfect example of how important it is to give a proven racer a chance. He is getting the upper hand on Jenson, and is now less erratic and more consistent," he claimed.

"His move on Trulli in the first corner on Sunday was superb. Real class: deep, hard, no locked brakes. Perfect judgement.""

floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: SATO's supportors thread    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-01-2004 16:31
THREAD CLOSED

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0