[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
More.......................
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
More.......................
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
More.......................
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
More.......................
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
More.......................
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
More.......................
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
More.......................
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Mishimoto Catch Can - What For?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Spare Wheel Kit: Damaged Wheel
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX Production Starts
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: iOS 11 breaks just about all Bluetooth Functionality, 2013-15 Accord—** UPDATE **
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
Read Article....................
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
Read Article....................
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
Read Article....................
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Honda Releases New 8-Passenger Elysion Minivan > > Re: Interior and Exterior pics here

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
    
magitekkn
Profile for magitekkn
Interior and Exterior pics here [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2004 10:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://www.honda.co.jp/ELYSION/photocollection/

(including pics of the iVTEC V6)



Last edited by JeffX on 05-13-2004 10:46
hondacrazy
Profile for hondacrazy
Re: Interior and Exterior pics here [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2004 11:11
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It looks like there are no "magic fold-away seats" this time??
Is that due to low floor design for more interior space, or they're more concentrating on comfortable seat when others're busy making 'thin' uncomfortable magic seat?
Hopefully Honda made a good decision on this..

Kratas101
Profile for Kratas101
Re: Interior and Exterior pics here [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2004 12:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'm not exactly fond of the exterior design yet. It looks a little weird and well, more feminine I guess? The interior is definitely a home run and the 3D gauges really seem unique and cool. I hope they don't mess with you too much as you're driving ;)
Honda-D
Profile for Honda-D
Re: Interior and Exterior pics here [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2004 12:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
hondacrazy wrote:
It looks like there are no "magic fold-away seats" this time??
Is that due to low floor design for more interior space, or they're more concentrating on comfortable seat when others're busy making 'thin' uncomfortable magic seat?
Hopefully Honda made a good decision on this..



That was never designed for JDM Odessey. So I don't think Japanese is expecting it or wanted it. But Odessey here must have that feature since everyone is doing it now.

But I agree the fold down seat is horrible in comfort, especially long trips.

Does anyone know if the new Sienna has more comfortable back seats?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Interior and Exterior pics here [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2004 13:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
the sienna rear seats are not all that comfortable. fine for strapping in child seats, but not for long trips with adults. to avoid having to remove the headrests, the headrests are tiny and slide right down into the middle of the front side of the seatback.

the rear seats in the elysion look quite comfortable, on the other hand. Unfortunately we probably won't be getting these same seats in the Odyssey.

i'm going to be posting a photo gallery later today - but here are some relevant photos of the rear seats:







Honda-D wrote:
hondacrazy wrote:
It looks like there are no "magic fold-away seats" this time??
Is that due to low floor design for more interior space, or they're more concentrating on comfortable seat when others're busy making 'thin' uncomfortable magic seat?
Hopefully Honda made a good decision on this..



That was never designed for JDM Odessey. So I don't think Japanese is expecting it or wanted it. But Odessey here must have that feature since everyone is doing it now.

But I agree the fold down seat is horrible in comfort, especially long trips.

Does anyone know if the new Sienna has more comfortable back seats?





ChthonicPowers
Profile for ChthonicPowers
Re: Interior and Exterior pics here [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2004 14:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Jeff wrote:
the sienna rear seats are not all that comfortable. fine for strapping in child seats, but not for long trips with adults. to avoid having to remove the headrests, the headrests are tiny and slide right down into the middle of the front side of the seatback.

the rear seats in the elysion look quite comfortable, on the other hand. Unfortunately we probably won't be getting these same seats in the Odyssey.

i'm going to be posting a photo gallery later today - but here are some relevant photos of the rear seats:







Honda-D wrote:
hondacrazy wrote:
It looks like there are no "magic fold-away seats" this time??
Is that due to low floor design for more interior space, or they're more concentrating on comfortable seat when others're busy making 'thin' uncomfortable magic seat?
Hopefully Honda made a good decision on this..



That was never designed for JDM Odessey. So I don't think Japanese is expecting it or wanted it. But Odessey here must have that feature since everyone is doing it now.

But I agree the fold down seat is horrible in comfort, especially long trips.

Does anyone know if the new Sienna has more comfortable back seats?







Nice pics. Any idea whether Honda is going to launch this vehicle in Euro land?

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Interior and Exterior pics here [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2004 22:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The picture on the far upper left has a better looking grill.
garfield134
Profile for garfield134
Re: Interior and Exterior pics here [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-14-2004 07:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I hope Honda keeps the Magic Seat for the US market. Even better, make ALL the rear seats "Magic". My wife wants an Odyssey the next time (her friend has one) and the flexibility of quickly changing from people hauler to stuff hauler is VERY appealing to her and to me (I have to schlep the seats out of her Windstar now AND find a place to store them when she needs to haul stuff). I am not interested in buying another US manufacturer's minivan because of quality and reliability issues. I am also NOT interested in feeding the Sienna it's required diet of premium gas. The Nissan Quest's cyclops dash is too far over the top. When the magic seat debuted in the first generation Odyssey it was an inovative idea. The second generation Odyssey is a vast improvement over the first. Eliminating the magic seat, even though the new seats are clever and flexible, I think in a step backwards in product design. The biggest headache for minivan owners is what to do with the removed seats. Lifting heavy seats is just what the chiropractor ordererd :0). Honda engineering must be able to make the magic seat(s) comfortable yet still easy to operate. Honda USA, are you listening?

Honda-D
Profile for Honda-D
Re: Interior and Exterior pics here [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-14-2004 17:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
garfield134 wrote:
Honda engineering must be able to make the magic seat(s) comfortable yet still easy to operate. Honda USA, are you listening?




The problem with middle magic seat (as observed in Caravan) is that seat size will reduce and there'll be a hollow space w/cover to step on. Sound wierd and you'll never know how that cover will react during a crash (will it fly up and bent you legs?).


Freak!
Profile for Freak!
Re: Interior and Exterior pics here [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-15-2004 13:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Maybe Honda can make the magic seats power operated?and split it 60/40? I hope Honda brings the Elysion to other markets! Hong Kong? Thailand? Philippines? Australia?


Blackraven
Profile for Blackraven
Re: Interior and Exterior pics here [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2005 02:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Freak! wrote:
Maybe Honda can make the magic seats power operated?and split it 60/40? I hope Honda brings the Elysion to other markets! Hong Kong? Thailand? Philippines? Australia?




I know this is a year old but I agree with bring this thing overseas.


They should bring this to Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.


I also hope they bring in the ff:
-i-CTDI diesel engine (for the said markets)
-CVT transmission with manual mode (shift controls on the steering wheel)


Waaaah, Luxury can now blend with high fuel economy.


 
Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0