[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX & Honda Passport
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Extremely fitting
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Acura RSX Factory Performance Package Photos > > Re: the photos don't do it justice...

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

carmaniac
Profile for carmaniac
Nice rims [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2002 19:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Wow, can't believe they're using Yokohama KREUZER Series X wheels
very nice....but how much does it cost?? =)

JonBoy
Profile for JonBoy
Re: Nice rims [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2002 19:44
And are those Bridgestone S-02s on those wheels? If so, no wonder the package costs $4800! Sweet looking ride, though - nice to get it straight from the factory and not have to void anything on the warranty.
Ronin
Profile for Ronin
Re: Nice rims [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2002 20:42
Modified suspension and lowered by an inch. That's badasssss. Can't wait till early 2003 to order this one.

Tuan
Profile for Tuan
tires are Yokos ES100 [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2002 21:13
The tires are Yokohama AVS ES100 http://www.yokohamatire.com/04b2m.html in 225/45-ZR17. I think Honda has been listening to our gripes of such cruddy stock OEM tires. Strangely Tirerack doesn't list this 225 size for this tire. They only list a 215 and a 235 in the 17" for $109 and $112/$116 respectively. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVS+ES100

Also let me repeat other's comments: Those are some really sweet looking rims!!! :-)

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
the photos don't do it justice... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2002 23:14
While these are very high quality photos of the car, they don't quite capture the impact of this "FP" (Factory Performance) kit. With these pieces, the car looks fantastic. So far I've driven the FP RSX on the interstate, local roads, the drag strip, and through a slalom course. This is a very well sorted street setup. I'm sure it will hold its own on a road course too. There are really no compromises in this setup that were apparent to me, besides a bit more tire noise. And I'm saying a *bit* more. It's still a very refined ride, with a slightly stiffer suspension.

A few particulars about the setup:
- Price is estimated to be $4800, plus 6 hours labor for installation (mandatory)
- Just like the Civic package, you cannot buy these pieces piecemeal - it only comes as a kit. Yes, if you bust a wheel you can buy a replacement.
- There are no plans currently for any factory engine mods (unfortunately)

A few other miscellaneous thoughts from today:
- I drove King Motorsports' RSX - It runs a JDM Type R motor with most of the Mugen goodies (factory airbox/intake, however). That is one impressive car. The Type R motor is an incredible powerplant (power delivery is fantastic), and with the mugen header and exhaust, the sound is delicious. I can't wait to drive it at Mid-Ohio tomorrow.
- We can only pray that Acura will bless us with an RSX Type R some time in the near future. Right now they don't seem too motivated to do it since the Type S is selling at a satisfactory rate. Perhaps we should run another petition :)

Tuan wrote:
The tires are Yokohama AVS ES100 http://www.yokohamatire.com/04b2m.html in 225/45-ZR17. I think Honda has been listening to our gripes of such cruddy stock OEM tires. Strangely Tirerack doesn't list this 225 size for this tire. They only list a 215 and a 235 in the 17" for $109 and $112/$116 respectively. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVS+ES100

Also let me repeat other's comments: Those are some really sweet looking rims!!! :-)

kung
Profile for kung
Re: Nice rims [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2002 23:20
Drop it some more and color the rims black, now that would be a badass.. That would be the shit!!
gilbert
Profile for gilbert
Re: the photos don't do it justice... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2002 00:12
Bastard! I wish I was there ;-) I hope you have fun at Mid-Ohio. It looks like a great layout.

Gilbert

2000r#1355
Profile for 2000r#1355
Re: Nice rims [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2002 02:58
that is a sweet looking rsx I can respect. wish they'd release the type r, that'd be a truly beautiful honda product
tec-9-7
Profile for tec-9-7
Very attractive setup... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2002 09:25
Does seem a bit pricey, but that is a really nice looking car.

Paul

heavyboots
Profile for heavyboots
Re: Nice rims [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2002 06:18
Well, it looks sweet, but I'd really only be interested in the suspension goodies and rotors. I don't need any more attention being attracted to my speeding then necessary. So far, my white GSR seems to be pretty un-noticed by police. Only 2 tickets and the police woman that did the last one seemed more freaked out that I had taken the turn in front of her at about 30 than the fact that I immediately ran it up to 50 in a 40 zone. ("Your little car was leaned waaay over!") Too bad you can only get the suspension as a package deal.

Anyone know when the "regular" RSX-S comes out? I'm just waiting (impatiently!) for the '03 model before I snag a white one...

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
you can get it sometime next spring [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2002 11:03
The announced release date is "Spring '03"

it will only be offered in certain colors (it's all factory pre-painted) and only 1000/year will be offered. They haven't fully decided which colors will be offered.

heavyboots wrote:
Well, it looks sweet, but I'd really only be interested in the suspension goodies and rotors. I don't need any more attention being attracted to my speeding then necessary. So far, my white GSR seems to be pretty un-noticed by police. Only 2 tickets and the police woman that did the last one seemed more freaked out that I had taken the turn in front of her at about 30 than the fact that I immediately ran it up to 50 in a 40 zone. ("Your little car was leaned waaay over!") Too bad you can only get the suspension as a package deal.

Anyone know when the "regular" RSX-S comes out? I'm just waiting (impatiently!) for the '03 model before I snag a white one...

pat-mtl-itr
Profile for pat-mtl-itr
Re: the photos don't do it justice... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2002 15:37
I must say that I really, really like the way this car looks. It's an amazing overall performance/luxury package. This is a really cool entrance for Honda in the aftermarket market.

I feel that this may be corporate Honda's direction with regards to it's Acura brand and it really does not sound good for a Type R variant of the RSX to come here...

In this post Jeff you sound like you agree with what I just said and in an earlier post you say that this has no bearing on whether the Typr R will come. I know you're more specifically stating that good RSX sales would seem like the main factor for the lack of a Type R but in any way we look at it I still feel discouraged about the possibility of the RSX-R coming here.

No matter how nice these upgrades are, they just aren't the Type R package and I'm feeling like Honda does not want to go Type R in North America anymore...

The main differences with the RSX-S with this sports package and the JDM ITR are:

JDM ITR:
- Bigger and better brakes with Brembo 4 piston calipers;
- Lighter weight (not sure of the differences but approx 100lbs I believe)
- LSD (huge difference!)
- 17HP
- Don't know about the damping rate and suspension differences between the two but I would _guess_ the ITR would be a little more agressive
- Recaro seats with cloth rather than leather for better hold
- No Sunroof (which would contribute to the lower weight and better overal rigidity of the car)
- No AC
Help me out guys, what else can we add to this list...??

As a previous ITR owner I would really prefer an RSX-R and am just waiting patiently for this car to come. The salesperson I deal with will call me as soon as there is anything about it and I'm a definite return Type R buyer!

(If any Corp Honda person is reading this, trust me there are plenty more people who understand what a Type R really is and are ready to buy one YESTERDAY!)

Pat

Jeff wrote:
While these are very high quality photos of the car, they don't quite capture the impact of this "FP" (Factory Performance) kit. With these pieces, the car looks fantastic. So far I've driven the FP RSX on the interstate, local roads, the drag strip, and through a slalom course. This is a very well sorted street setup. I'm sure it will hold its own on a road course too. There are really no compromises in this setup that were apparent to me, besides a bit more tire noise. And I'm saying a *bit* more. It's still a very refined ride, with a slightly stiffer suspension.

A few particulars about the setup:
- Price is estimated to be $4800, plus 6 hours labor for installation (mandatory)
- Just like the Civic package, you cannot buy these pieces piecemeal - it only comes as a kit. Yes, if you bust a wheel you can buy a replacement.
- There are no plans currently for any factory engine mods (unfortunately)

A few other miscellaneous thoughts from today:
- I drove King Motorsports' RSX - It runs a JDM Type R motor with most of the Mugen goodies (factory airbox/intake, however). That is one impressive car. The Type R motor is an incredible powerplant (power delivery is fantastic), and with the mugen header and exhaust, the sound is delicious. I can't wait to drive it at Mid-Ohio tomorrow.
- We can only pray that Acura will bless us with an RSX Type R some time in the near future. Right now they don't seem too motivated to do it since the Type S is selling at a satisfactory rate. Perhaps we should run another petition :)

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0