[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX & Honda Passport
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > RealTime Race Results from Sebring > > Re: bad news...

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

gilbert
Profile for gilbert
Congratulations! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-19-2004 15:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Congratulations ot the Realtime Racing team! I can't wait to see the race this weekend. Pierre's the man. :-)

Gilbert

domn
Profile for domn
Re: Congratulations! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-19-2004 15:39
Yes, they definently look like their off to a great start. Pierre had the lead at the 30 minute mark, too bad he could'nt hold on. But, there will be a TSX victory or two this season.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Congratulations! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-20-2004 09:05
Pierre took the lead on the 1st lap, then there was a crash and something like 30 minutes of yellow flag. I was beginning to think the race wouldn't restart and Pierre would win the race with only one lap :) But they started back with about 10-15 minutes left. Immediately following the restart PK somehow slipped behind Auberlen. I didn't see how it happened, but he couldn't regain his spot.

I speake with Pierre after the race he said he didn't have the power to reel in the BMW on the straights, but he tore them up in the corners. I videotaped a mini-interview post qually and post-race. I'll post them in the next couple of days.

domn wrote:
Yes, they definently look like their off to a great start. Pierre had the lead at the 30 minute mark, too bad he could'nt hold on. But, there will be a TSX victory or two this season.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
bad news... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-20-2004 17:23
Oh, I feel awful - yesterday after the race we were sort of rushed and I guess since I was doing the one man video crew thing I messed up and got out of sync with the record button. So instead of recording the interview I got some great video of me dismantling the camera/mic/tripod.

Anyhow, Pierre basically said the TSX was killing the BMWs in the turns but it was down on horsepower and that they needed to find some more power to be able to stay up with the BMWs on the straights. He said it was a fantastic race car though.

Jeff wrote:
Pierre took the lead on the 1st lap, then there was a crash and something like 30 minutes of yellow flag. I was beginning to think the race wouldn't restart and Pierre would win the race with only one lap :) But they started back with about 10-15 minutes left. Immediately following the restart PK somehow slipped behind Auberlen. I didn't see how it happened, but he couldn't regain his spot.

I speake with Pierre after the race he said he didn't have the power to reel in the BMW on the straights, but he tore them up in the corners. I videotaped a mini-interview post qually and post-race. I'll post them in the next couple of days.

domn wrote:

gtan
Profile for gtan
Re: bad news... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-20-2004 19:16
Would this mean that the TSX would outperform the RSX in these races? If so, RTR might as well switch their whole lineup to TSXs.

I wonder how much horsepower and torque the teams can get out of the BMW engine vs the TSX engine. As published on the SE-R engine with a 2.5L displacement has 250+hp and 200lb-ft of torque. I would imagine both the BMW and Honda engines has higher output.

fdl
Profile for fdl
Re: bad news... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-20-2004 21:44

The TSX did outperform the RSX in this race. There were 2 RSX's which finished well behind. As for switching all their cars to TSX's, thats probably not financially possible. Not sure though.

vtecascendency
Profile for vtecascendency
Re: bad news... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-20-2004 21:55
Does anyone know the output for the TSX's motor? I assume that its not the stock rated 200/16_?
fdl
Profile for fdl
Re: bad news... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-21-2004 13:36

Apparently they have bumped the output up to 230hp. The limit for the class I think is 270hp, so they are still underpowered and that hurt them on the straights. But in the corners the TSX was phenominal.

Now if they can squeeze a little more out of that 2.4 .....

domn
Profile for domn
Re: bad news... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-22-2004 08:49
gtan wrote:
Would this mean that the TSX would outperform the RSX in these races? If so, RTR might as well switch their whole lineup to TSXs.

I think its already been determined that the TSX is the faster of the two cars. They woul'nt have put their best driver (Kleinubing) in the TSX if they did'nt feel it gave them the best chance at the championship.

And its already been decided that Plump will be switching over to a TSX at some point in the near future.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0