[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Civic --> 2001 Honda Civic non-vtec to vtec engine switch
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > Driving Impressions - 2004 Honda Odyssey EX > > Re: The Odyssey Type R chimes in...

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
The Odyssey Type R chimes in... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-22-2004 10:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Nice review... you must have read my post about what I want updated in the Odyssey.

Perhaps even more impressive about this soccer schooner is what happens when you drop the hammer on the freeway. This van finds the century mark so quickly you'd swear you were reading the metric scale on the speedometer. Keep your ValentineOne plugged in!

Yes, the run from 80 to three digits is quite impressive. Much faster than the old 200bhp/AT4 version which took coaxing to reach 100. You should have noted that the current version will easily comfortably cruise at 90 all day long while getting good mileage.

The Odyssey's tires transmit a fair bit of information regarding the road surface through the body of the vehicle as well as through the air to your eardrums.

True. In fact, our '02 is noisier than our '00. The flip side is that the driver gets very good feedback.

The ergonomics are fine, but the dated aesthetics might leave shoppers a little cold.

I've always thought this odd. Honda's aesthetics are plain and simple and they wear well twenty years later. For example, while everyone panned my 99 SH, I thought the legibility and quality of the gauges were exactly what you needed when you were concentrating on going fast. The Odyssey is plain inside, but all the controls are easy to reach, legible and easy to clean. To me, the Sienna is too complicated for complication's sake. For example, the split third seat is neat, but the Rube Golberg like mechanism that assists folding them in is just a begging for trouble. There's has to be a simpler solution. Maybe a hidden spring like the ones used in roll up garage doors, but Toyota's hinge arrangement is complicated.

The Quest? Yikes!

If I'm opening it from the keyless remote, I shouldn't have to unlock the doors first, either.

Precisely! The firmware controlling the doors is counterintuitive. This is possibly the one thing that AHM needs to examine. Imagine that it was worse in the '00!

...and the advent of the DVD rear entertainment system is a 21st century godsend for parents.

I disagree. I think that the price is excessive because you have to buy the EX-L and then dump 1500 bucks for a system that is obsolete the day you buy it and if you have more than ONE KID then you're gonna have fights. It's much better to buy individual 7 inch portable players for each kid. Then they can watch DVDs, play music or you can hook one or all to a PS2. Plus you can take it all into the hotel room for the night.

Other than that... good review. Yes, I'm planning to upgrade to an 05 next year as soon as they become available.

Oh, you didn't notice that the shifter has been moved closed to the dash and obscures the fog light switch. That's an odd slip by Honda.

Mouse
Profile for Mouse
Re: The Odyssey Type R chimes in... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-22-2004 15:07
Regarding the DVD entertainment system, Honda will be producing a EX-RES (EX in cloth with the DVD system) in March. MSRP will be around $28,230 including destination and handling.
Morpheus
Profile for Morpheus
Re: The Odyssey Type R chimes in... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-30-2004 12:55
I love Honda ergonomics.
I remember even my old 1988 Accord (RIP :( ), had awesome ergonmoics. I loved the way everything was layed out. I've never been in a domestic, even a modern one with better, also other imports like my crappy 88 corolla. Even the 1g Odyssey is pretty decent.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0