[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > Driving Impressions - 2004 Honda Odyssey EX > > My wish list for the Odyssey

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

dydx
Profile for dydx
What you want? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-24-2004 00:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
OK, I'm starting the list for what should/shouldn't be on the new Odyssey. This is just for fun ladies and gents, so if someone wants a V8, it's all good. No need to get all stank about it.

Anyway, here's what I'd like to see:

-Hidden door tracks on lower back windows
-Roll down windows for the passengers
-split 3rd row
-8-seater capacity
-Dashboard design like the JDM Odyssey

The folding 2-rows that Chrysler showed off recently? I wouldn't want it if it meant placing the spare tire elsewhere. Now if Honda could manage keeping the spare tire someplace more accessible than on the underbody, then the folding 2-rows would be a nice touch. But if I was buying the car, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: What you want? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-24-2004 10:14
I was surprised when the current Odyssey debuted that the door tracks were still exposed. At one point long ago my parents had a 1990 Toyota Previa that integrated the tracks beautifully (that was actually quite a good van for its time, save for its overworked 2.4L).

I would be surprised if the 3rd row isn't split 60/40 or perhaps 50/50. Whether it's useful to have or not has been mooted by the fact it's now on the "checklist" of several of the competitor's spec sheets. So now it's become a competitive marketing must-have

the fold into the floor 2nd row seats *might* also result in compromised seat comfort. If that's the case, then i say hell nay. They could get around the spare tire issue by fitting run flats :)

8 passenger seating might be a nice optional configuration but no need to make them all 8-seaters.

I believe the whole interior will probably closely resemble if not duplicate the Japanese ASM concept. It should be very nice.

will the honda "i-drive" make it?

I bet we'll see the roll-down rear windows

Even the door panel looks great

Hehe, actually I just thought of a few other things that i meant ot include in my "looking forward" part of the article. perhaps i'll go update it :)

dydx wrote:
OK, I'm starting the list for what should/shouldn't be on the new Odyssey. This is just for fun ladies and gents, so if someone wants a V8, it's all good. No need to get all stank about it.

Anyway, here's what I'd like to see:

-Hidden door tracks on lower back windows
-Roll down windows for the passengers
-split 3rd row
-8-seater capacity
-Dashboard design like the JDM Odyssey

The folding 2-rows that Chrysler showed off recently? I wouldn't want it if it meant placing the spare tire elsewhere. Now if Honda could manage keeping the spare tire someplace more accessible than on the underbody, then the folding 2-rows would be a nice touch. But if I was buying the car, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

tl_seabass
Profile for tl_seabass
My wish list for the Odyssey [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2004 00:53
Here's what I'd like to see:

1) Driver seating that's comfortable for a tall person. I'm 6'2", and the driver's seat doesn't go back far enough for me to sit comfortably. I have to raise the seat so my legs aren't jammed into the footwell, and then I'm sitting so high that my foot can't be comfortably placed on the accelerator. More often than not, I'm pressing on the bottom of the pedal with my toes.

2) A significantly better sounding stereo. I put in the optional dealer-installed sub, which helps, but I'd really like a good system. Full stock 5.1 surround sound with the RES would be great. And it should play the DVD-A's I've been getting for my TL.

3) Two more screws to secure the bottom of the rear license plate, so I don't have to hear it rattle against the rear hatch like a tin can every time I close the hatch.

4) A power sunroof.

5) Third row seat that folds into the floor without removing the headrests.

6) Lumbar support in the driver's seat.

7) Memory seats like my TL, except make them work. Power tilt/telescope steering wheel linked to it would be great.

8) HandsFreeLink for my Bluetooth phone.

9) A solid "chunk" sound when the front doors are closed. They sound a bit like I'm closing a dumpster on my '02.

10) Outside temperature display.

11) Ability to get NAV and RES from factory.

12) HIDs.

13) Dual zone climate control in front.

14) Replace the swing-up table between the front seats with a full console with decent storage. Put a nice sport shifter with a sport gate there instead of on the tree.

15) Heated, leather-wrap steering wheel.

Mike

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0