[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: '19 Variations on the CTR?
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 10th generation Accord Mk2 - niggles fixed with minor tweaks!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Aragon MotoGP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: A big finger to handbrake turns
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ford "pulls an Acura" in their latest commercial
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mazda CX-5 to get 2.5 Turbo Engine?
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Custom Paint Job Civic Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Inspire test drive video
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: 2018 Acura NSX Review - The Best Everyday Supercar
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > Driving Impressions - 2004 Honda Odyssey EX > > Re: Nice Articles!

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Bendio
Profile for Bendio
Nice Articles! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-22-2004 07:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I really loved your introduction Jeff! :-)
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Nice Articles! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-22-2004 08:53
Thanks - when writing about some of the more mundane topics like minivans and SUVs, I figure you need to lighten things up a bit :)

Bendio wrote:
I really loved your introduction Jeff! :-)

vtechbrain
Profile for vtechbrain
Re: Nice Articles! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-22-2004 10:46
The world is mundane (from the spanish mundo=world). The articles on what most of us buy and use every day are as important, if not more, than the "exciting" stuff. For example I had a 5000 mile California family driving vacation this year, my odyssey made the trip a pleasure. I would had preffered to take my new 6 spd TL but to drag all the stuff I would have needed 2! Good job!

LOVELEGENDGS
Profile for LOVELEGENDGS
Re: Nice Articles! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-22-2004 13:15
Good article Jeff! Loved reading every word of it!!!
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Nice Articles! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-22-2004 14:41
Wow, we too did a 3000 mile 10 day trip two summers ago. We called it the "California Synopsis Tour" because my older son has just taken California History and my daughter was about to. We left the CL and Prelude at home. (our other cars then).

Saw a ton of missions, went to the Sacramento Train Museum, Monterey Aquarium, Hearst Castle, Virginia City, The Golden State Park, that twisty street in SF, The Gold Country, Salinas, Sequoia, Bakersfield (!) culminating on a relaxed speed run up LA Crest Highway to Mount Wilson.

Of those 3000+ miles, once outside of the LA/OC area, less than 400 were done on interstates or limited access roads (101, 70, 50 and 99). A lot of it was done on narrow county roads -those that are light gray on the Auto Club maps. Climbing to 7000 feet and down into steep valleys. During 100+ deg weather with both ACs running.

The Odyssey handled very well. At no time did I wish for our CL or TL. Even in the very twisty coastal canyon roads crossing from the 101 to Hwy 1 East of Carmel, findind the San Antonio Mission, climbing on Hwy 50 towards Lake Tahoe, the run from Carson City to Virginia City and Reno, the run up the old roads on Donner Pass, even the climb up, down and around Sequioa the Odyssey did really well. Even on LA Crest Highway.

And we got to pass tons of SUVs, cars and trucks left and right. Like even my wife noticed that I had ratcheted down my driving to "vacation" mode and yet time after time I'd come upon lumbering crapola hindering our way.. Heck, my wife didn't even complain about my driving as I pass all of them Winstars, Caravans, F100s, Siennas, Taurii, etc....

I did pull over several times to let folks pass me once I got on the LA Crest Highway... but once I got back down to La Canada Flintridge... all semblance of vacation fell by the way side and LA traffic mode took over :-)

And my wife started complaining about my driving again... :-P

I suppose the TL or CL would have made my driving a bit more adventurous, but for four of us, with a cooler and luggage and what not, the Odyssey made a great package. Fun and sure footed on the twisties, powerful on the hills, good brakes on the descents, great sightlines from the inside.

BTW: last summer we did a quick trip to Big Bear... same thing. The Odyssey can climb those mountains and drive through narrow State Park roads with no problem.

vtechbrain wrote:
The world is mundane (from the spanish mundo=world). The articles on what most of us buy and use every day are as important, if not more, than the "exciting" stuff. For example I had a 5000 mile California family driving vacation this year, my odyssey made the trip a pleasure. I would had preffered to take my new 6 spd TL but to drag all the stuff I would have needed 2! Good job!

Tom Atkian
Profile for Tom Atkian
Re: Nice Articles! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-22-2004 17:00
You got talent kid, keep up the good work in bringing us a fresh articles. You pack a lot of info in your releases and your opinion is usually right on. Thanks for the opening, it was a fun read.
PGH
Profile for PGH
Re: Nice Articles! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-22-2004 20:17
The Odyssey with its current discounts rates as a best buy. You can get a LX here in Colorado for about 22,300-22,600. That's alot van for the money even if dose not provide a keyless remote(same on Pilot), Along with improved NVH and a more upgraded interior they need to tighten up on the quality control. This van had more problems than your typical Honda. Doors ,transmissions,suspensions.....Whats up with the gas tank slosh you here all the time? Didn't somebody at Honda R&D notice that (Same with Pilot/MXD) but overall this Van was a benchmark.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0