[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> cylinder #1 running rich.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: FRS/86/BRZ Recall
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: New Honda Envix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Type S In New York?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I found the answer for solving EUs horrible car lineup
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Next gen TLX spied...
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 20:42
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It looks like AM/RB will debut the 003(Son of Valkyrie) next month. It will have V6 Turbo Hybrid power and it will race at LM24.

The question is Honda going to join the party?
Honda future plans is to share costs on future products and this would be a great way to get in the elite sports car market with great marketing...F1 and Le Man's!!!

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 22:38
I know I don’t like how prominent the AM branding is on the F1 car. It appears vague as to what’s actually powering it.
RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 23:42
Honda has stated that they want to bring F1 Engine Tech to the road(public). MB is doing so with their Hypercar.

Honda F1 PU in a AM/RB Sports Car?

My thoughts is Honda would raise capacity from 1.6L to 3.0L with 9k redline. ICE 700hp. KERS 300hp

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 23:49
Aston Martin Red Bull Honda... That's going to be a mouthful. Current Valkyrie already carried AMR designation, another collaboration will complicate things up, and leaving Honda from the name will wash the collaborative benefit because Aston Martin makes engine themselves.

BUT, Honda should take the chance to be involved with Aston Martin Red Bull in any form, it's already a once in a million chance for them to be in Red Bull F1 program. They should take advantage, it's not like they have nothing to contribute.

zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-21-2019 02:47
more confustion? yes please! - amg has 'technical partnership' with aston.

zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-21-2019 02:51
more confusion? yes please! - aston has technical partnership with amg.
renault had similar problems with lack of exsposure because of infiniti, tag heuer and also aston martin.

honduh
Profile for honduh
Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-21-2019 09:16
From https://europe.autonews.com/article/20180220/ANE/180209792/why-aston-martin-is-mulling-risky-move-into-f1

How would committing to F1 as an engine supplier help when you already have such strong brand recognition?

It's about [strengthening our position in] mid-engine cars. We're doing mid-engine cars. The Valkyrie [low-volume hypercar] is the first, then we're preparing the ground for our [Ferrari] 488 rival. McLaren and Ferrari are present [in F1], and they are the two major competitors [in the mid-engine supercar segment]. In my experience of the industry, just making a great car is never enough. To make it really successful you have to prepare the ground, prepare the customers, and this is the long-play.

Honda has struggled as an F1 engine supplier. Are you hoping it will be easier to succeed because the engines will be simpler in the future?

Simpler and we're sitting in the middle of the F1 triangle here in Gaydon [central England]. Access to talent is easier. We have no objections to collaborations and we've got [race-engine] builders such as Cosworth, Ricardo and Ilmor here.”

honduh
Profile for honduh
Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-21-2019 09:19
RolledaNsx wrote:
Honda has stated that they want to bring F1 Engine Tech to the road(public). MB is doing so with their Hypercar.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/honda-wants-to-put-f1-turbo-hybrid-tech-on-the-street/amp/

Steph01
Profile for Steph01
Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-21-2019 13:33
Don't they have a TTV8 from Mercedes in one of their cars? And some stake in the company? More confusion. I thought they were part of the rover/jag group, but they are not. Sales of AM vehicles is sh*t I thought.

Having said that Aston Martin is certainly a more prestigious marque than Honda. I would love to see a supercar powered by a Honda motor. (especially when they missed the chance to power the Mclaren F1)

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-21-2019 13:43
RolledaNsx wrote:

Honda F1 PU in a AM/RB Sports Car?

My thoughts is Honda would raise capacity from 1.6L to 3.0L with 9k redline. ICE 700hp. KERS 300hp

Honda should keep the NSX basically as is, priced around the same, offer more varients.

If they also want to go hyper car, go for it, but don't call it a NSX or turn the NSX into some 500 or $600K+ hyper car that sells 100 or 200 units nobody will ever see on the road.

Any partnership with Aston Martin or Jaguar should be to net a front engine RWD platform for less expensive sedans and sports cars/coupes.

LudeLeRoy
Profile for LudeLeRoy
Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-21-2019 21:15
I'm excited about the proposition of any Honda powered sports car but it would seem there's already a gaping hole below the NSX where a more attainable sportscar should be.

I'm again into ANY new Honda sportscar (yes, I'm desperate)...But since this isn't Ferrari were talking about it would make much more sense to First produce a sports car in the $30-60k range. Or atleast let us know they're committed to an S1000 or better S3000.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0