[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Repair and Maintenance --> cylinder #1 running rich.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: FRS/86/BRZ Recall
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: New Honda Envix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Type S In New York?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I found the answer for solving EUs horrible car lineup
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Next gen TLX spied...
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Type R > > Re: DC-R

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author
  Post New Thread
notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-11-2019 13:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I really like the Honda eu generator series. We don't need much power reserve here in socal due to mild temps so the 2200i is perfect for me and it's not much bigger than a roll on suitcase. It's also super quiet so as not to attract zombies.....

SC

JonBoy
Profile for JonBoy
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-11-2019 17:12
DCR wrote:
I didn't have a choice because this was literally the only generator available within city limits, but quick research didn't put me off:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Briggs-Stratton-StormResponder-6250-Running-Watt-Portable-Generator/4727149

When your house hits 38-39 degrees and you can see your breath, you'll take what you can get. I honestly don't know why I didn't do this sooner...having your furnace alone during shit like this is worth it. The generator ran for 25 hours straight, and during that time it only used roughly 7 gallons of gas. On full load when the furnace was catching up, it ran at 20% load. Once the heat caught up, it ran at 2% and I will be preparing to run the refrigerator/freezer also next time.

I used the same generator during Hurricane Ike when I lived in Texas and it did a great job. I sold it to my dad when I moved back to Canada and it's still going strong after 11 years of use. We use it to power his race trailer on race weekends.

It's not very quiet but it's decently fuel efficient, it's a simple build (not much to go wrong) and it holds up to travel and abuse, based on my experience.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 19:25
notyper wrote:
I really like the Honda eu generator series. We don't need much power reserve here in socal due to mild temps so the 2200i is perfect for me and it's not much bigger than a roll on suitcase. It's also super quiet so as not to attract zombies.....

SC

We've been looking at the 4000 unit. You can daisy chain them and they have very clean power. Unfortunately I don't know they got enough oomph to kick start the AC compressor, for that you may need a big capacitor (I installed big ones on my compressors).

If you are really concerned about zombies, solar panels with back up batteries are the way to go.

Also, remember to cover you outer windows with light proof materials.

It's amazing how dark and quiet it can be when you have a full power outage. Even a 70db generator can be heard for a block... and a non stop barking dog will drive the neighbors to canine extinction.

(Funny, when it comes to running a generator, I always think about hunkering down and hiding from everybody... post apocalyptic visions of the Life After The Big One: "Honey, we gotta make those steaks in the freezer last... hide those barrels of water! Get the ammo handy.").

And yeah, I don't know how it is up in the South Bay, but down in The OC the Edison Management was hired away from the Venezuela Power Company Operations Bureau. They think it's actually good service to have only two 23 hour outages when it's 90F per year. Or to do all day rework when the days are short and they plan to work until 7:00PM ( more than two hours after sunset.)

DCR- You were lucky you still had natural gas supply. Or do you have a propane tank?

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-14-2019 01:11
Natural gas, so I could still light the stove and use hot water.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 01:24
Finally got down to the wash. It will be nice to see out of my side windows again.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 06:58
She does look good..........
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 08:39
Nice pic. Color looks super.
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 20:50
I need to wash mine too....can't see out the windows....!
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-21-2019 01:16
Hondarulez wrote:

I don't know if it is the fender design or if other Civics do this, but water (and anything in it) seems to spray in a jet over the mirrors and across the windows.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-21-2019 14:38
Looking Good DC-R!
With all of the storms in KC this Winter, it is really hard to keep the Si clean. I wouldn't mind having some headlight cover washers.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-22-2019 06:16
DCR wrote:
Hondarulez wrote:

I don't know if it is the fender design or if other Civics do this, but water (and anything in it) seems to spray in a jet over the mirrors and across the windows.

It looked like a vortex runs that length of the car, probably for aero reasons I'd guess. The car looks sharp!

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-22-2019 12:04
Dren wrote:
It looked like a vortex runs that length of the car, probably for aero reasons I'd guess. The car looks sharp!

Let me know when you want yours. There is no wait list at my dealer and no more forced accessory package...MSRP all day.

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2019 02:06
Have you ever thought of buying a beater for the winter and parking this bad boy until more temperate months?
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2019 09:21
That kind of defeats the point of buying a Honda Civic.

I know one guy whose beater is an NA1 NSX and whose summer car is a Ford Model-Y Hot Rod!

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2019 10:19
Nick GravesX wrote:
That kind of defeats the point of buying a Honda Civic.

I know one guy whose beater is an NA1 NSX and whose summer car is a Ford Model-Y Hot Rod!

Well done!

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2019 11:59
Yea mine does that to DC-R. Probably the aero.

Haha yes, I understand why people who not drive the ctr in the winter. I do drive mine as I see it as a Civic hatch that is already very practical as is, but with some extra performance. It does pretty well in the white stuff with winter tires.

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2019 13:32
Hondarulez wrote:
Yea mine does that to DC-R. Probably the aero.

Haha yes, I understand why people who not drive the ctr in the winter. I do drive mine as I see it as a Civic hatch that is already very practical as is, but with some extra performance. It does pretty well in the white stuff with winter tires.

I have access to a 2011 Pilot for winter use so the Type R is back on my radar for summer only.

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2019 17:27
DCR wrote:
Dren wrote:

Let me know when you want yours. There is no wait list at my dealer and no more forced accessory package...MSRP all day.

DCR - any chance you could start a thread listing your dislikes of the Type R? I just spent 4 hours phoning around and now have two local dealers that will seel at MSRP (which is absolutely rare around here).

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-25-2019 11:46
RMTRADER wrote:
DCR - any chance you could start a thread listing your dislikes of the Type R? I just spent 4 hours phoning around and now have two local dealers that will seel at MSRP (which is absolutely rare around here).

None really. My only annoyance so far is the car right now is too loud for me to use bluetooth for phone calls because every person I talk to says there is way too much background noise for them to hear me. For anything that actually matters, like driving, braking, performance...I have no dislikes.

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-26-2019 20:21
DCR wrote:
RMTRADER wrote:

None really. My only annoyance so far is the car right now is too loud for me to use bluetooth for phone calls because every person I talk to says there is way too much background noise for them to hear me. For anything that actually matters, like driving, braking, performance...I have no dislikes.

Awesome. I just ordered one at MSRP. Finally the dealers....dealt. Thanks,

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-26-2019 20:37
RMTRADER wrote:
DCR wrote:
RMTRADER wrote:

Awesome, congrats! What color are you getting?

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-26-2019 20:47
JeffX wrote:
RMTRADER wrote:
DCR wrote:
RMTRADER wrote:

Thanks Jeff. My first choice is the Champinship White with my second choice the Sonic Grey. I live in Canada so the only other choice for 2019 is Black. The Black looks amazing but having had two previous black cars I wanted something different. I could get a Red 2018 locally but it still has significant ADM and crap that I don't want on it.

The Golf R will go. It really hasn't ever provided me the thrills I thought it would. Plus I am a little big for it and the longer term reliability has given me a few headaches (plus likely more to come).

I have not ETA which is okay as I need to sell my car first.

New RDX for my wife, new Type R for me, no inheritance for the kids.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-26-2019 21:05
RMTRADER wrote:
JeffX wrote:
RMTRADER wrote:
DCR wrote:
RMTRADER wrote:

Thanks Jeff. My first choice is the Champinship White with my second choice the Sonic Grey. I live in Canada so the only other choice for 2019 is Black. The Black looks amazing but having had two previous black cars I wanted something different. I could get a Red 2018 locally but it still has significant ADM and crap that I don't want on it.

The Golf R will go. It really hasn't ever provided me the thrills I thought it would. Plus I am a little big for it and the longer term reliability has given me a few headaches (plus likely more to come).

Those are both awesome colors.

RDX kicks ass too!

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-27-2019 01:00
RMTRADER wrote:
JeffX wrote:
RMTRADER wrote:
DCR wrote:
RMTRADER wrote:

I think I would have to go with CCW because A), it looks fantastic on the R and B) the historical significance. I like the Silver, but there was a white one in the showroom at my local dealer that I almost decided to buy.

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-27-2019 10:43
What colour did you go for?
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-01-2019 02:05
LOL new RDX and new CTR eh! You are making great choices...just like me!

Is your CTR 2019 one?

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-01-2019 10:04
Hondarulez wrote:
LOL new RDX and new CTR eh! You are making great choices...just like me!

Is your CTR 2019 one?

Yeah - 2019. It will be a full Honda family now. For better or worse!

What color is your CTR? Any issues?

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-01-2019 12:06
His makes an appearance earlier in this thread:

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-01-2019 19:47
DCR wrote:
His makes an appearance earlier in this thread:

Nice!

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-02-2019 23:21
Here are the issues I've had so far:
- brake squealing but that's expected since the pads are more than capable for track use
- random.rattling when it's cold in the morning but goes away after a few minutes..Doesn't happen all the time
- random but rare infotainment system glitches especially if I use wave navigation app. Actually I haven't experienced any glitches for the past few months

Over the winter I have been putting new parts on it and still more to be installed over the next couple months. Can't wait until everything is on!

Thread Page - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0