[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
More.......................
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
More.......................
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
More.......................
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
More.......................
American Honda reports January sales
More.......................
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
More.......................
Repair and Maintenance --> cylinder #1 running rich.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: FRS/86/BRZ Recall
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: New Honda Envix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Type S In New York?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I found the answer for solving EUs horrible car lineup
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Next gen TLX spied...
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4
Author
  Post New Thread
gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 08:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
btw vxtec, ironic that you're telling someone to relax ;-)
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 08:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
gofast182 wrote:
I certainly get all of that re: Albon but this is the story this morning. F1 junkies tend to live in the moment and reflect on the past. I usually try to look bigger picture and be more fair but we're coming off of a long winter break, I thought HAR was doing well at the end of 2018, and I don't want to see a Honda-powered team falter.



+1

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 08:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
gofast182 wrote:
btw vxtec, ironic that you're telling someone to relax ;-)


Oh the irony! Touche! ;-) ;-)

I am usually relaxed, however I don't abandon my enthusiasm for pretty much everything I focus on and put my mind, body and soul into - because life can be beautiful and rewarding with the right kind of mind-set! Excuse me for getting all philosophical just then! :-)

As I've already mentioned - I will (figuratively speaking of course) relax when Red Bull and Honda blitz everyone in F1 and win championships! Yay! ;-)

Go Red Bull teams and Honda - let's continue cracking those whips!!! Woohooooo! :-)

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 08:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I like your enthusiasm but it doesn't mean others who don't express it as much aren't just as enthused or don't get the rewards of a positive mindset. I try to keep the steady hand of a presenter (doesn't always work but I try).
gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 08:44
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Vxtec, have you seen the air and track temperature today? I thought we'd have seen a slightly quicker time set by now.

Meeting starts in :15. Enjoy today's running, everyone!

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 08:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
gofast182 wrote:
I like your enthusiasm but it doesn't mean others who don't express it as much aren't just as enthused or don't get the rewards of a positive mindset. I try to keep the steady hand of a presenter (doesn't always work but I try).


Yes, I agree - everyone's an individual and that's great!

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 08:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
gofast182 wrote:
Vxtec, have you seen the air and track temperature today? I thought we'd have seen a slightly quicker time set by now.

Meeting starts in :15. Enjoy today's running, everyone!



Partly sunny and current air temperature is 14 deg C. Track temperature probably just a few degrees more I guess!

Thanks gofast182 and good luck with the meeting - have a good one!

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 10:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Terrific driving Gasly - you have crashed and wrecked the RB15 and most importantly the power unit! "That was not very smart was it!', says Horner.

Your castigated for the rest of winter testing Gasly!

Waaaaah!

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 10:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Vxtec wrote:
Terrific driving Gasly - you have crashed and wrecked the RB15 and most importantly the power unit! "That was not very smart was it!', says Horner.

Your castigated for the rest of winter testing Gasly!

Waaaaah!



This could be a possible scenario - if this incident wasn't so serious! Arrrrrgh!

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 11:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Critical questions are:

*What caused the crash?

*What is our situation with spares?

In the meantime other teams take advantage of the situation by continuing their testing - not ideal for Red Bull teams!

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 11:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The only saving grace is the incident happened with about one hour of testing to go.

Nevertheless, lots of work for Red Bull personnel for the rest of the afternoon/evening!!

Then when car is ready for testing, hopefully for tomorrow -they will need to spend the initial phase re-calibrating/re-setting the whole set-up of the car assuming everything will be functioning properly with no post crash effects. I suppose them's the tough breaks!

Breath everyone (in...out...in...out..in…) - especially all members of the RB team.

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 12:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The only positive result of Gasly's crash in the afternoon session was the welcomed fact he was uninjured... a sigh of relief there.
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 12:30
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Number of laps completed for each day of testing (so far) by each manufacturer of the power units:

Day 1
Ferrari 348
Renault 228
Honda 205
Mercedes 180

Day 2
Ferrari 330
Mercedes 242
Renault 227
Honda 224

Day1 & 2 Cumulative -

Ferrari 678
Renault 455
Honda 429
Mercedes 422


BTW, on Wednesday it appears there will be three Mercedes powered teams with the likelihood of the participation of Williams.

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 12:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Vxtec wrote:
The only positive result of Gasly's crash in the afternoon session was the welcomed fact he was uninjured... a sigh of relief there.


In addition, great to see Gasly's positive attitude and excitement for his first day in the RB15 (check out Red Bull twitter site) after today's silly incident (nobody would be really expecting a dejected mood)! Hopefully both Gasly and the team will have learnt from the incident.

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 12:43
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
An article regarding Honda's compact power unit:

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-compact-engine-design-performance/4340471/

Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 13:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Vxtec wrote:
Critical questions are:

*What caused the crash?

*What is our situation with spares?

In the meantime other teams take advantage of the situation by continuing their testing - not ideal for Red Bull teams!



I saw Horner quoted that they have Four Power Units. Not sure if that is just RB or RB & TR. I would have to imagine that a team like Red Bull would come to a test like this prepared to lose a car.

Anyone know if the "shakedown" car is the same as the "test" car, or if they are two different chassis?

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 16:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Gasly has admitted it was "driver error" which is refreshingly honest.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 16:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Marc Priestly an F1 blogger has reported rumours coming out of Red Bull garage of problems with vibrations from the Honda PU stopping Red Bull from using "full power" mode? Looking forward to further clarification from Red Bull team, if indeed we will ever hear anything official?
s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 22:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Maybe Torro Rosso was able to use full power mode?
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 23:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Bullwinkle wrote:
Vxtec wrote:
Critical questions are:

*What caused the crash?

*What is our situation with spares?

In the meantime other teams take advantage of the situation by continuing their testing - not ideal for Red Bull teams!



I saw Horner quoted that they have Four Power Units. Not sure if that is just RB or RB & TR. I would have to imagine that a team like Red Bull would come to a test like this prepared to lose a car.



… and so it should be - fortunately also, the loss of valuable testing time was minimised by the incident happening with about an hour of testing left.

Anyone know if the "shakedown" car is the same as the "test" car, or if they are two different chassis?



Personally, I have not seen the chassis identification of any cars at the winter test - maybe someone can provide the information (although it's not a high priority for me).

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 23:29
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:
Gasly has admitted it was "driver error" which is refreshingly honest.


I agree and lesson(s) will be learnt - although as they say, the proof is in the pudding, namely, what happens from now on.

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 23:32
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:
Marc Priestly an F1 blogger has reported rumours coming out of Red Bull garage of problems with vibrations from the Honda PU stopping Red Bull from using "full power" mode? Looking forward to further clarification from Red Bull team, if indeed we will ever hear anything official?


Well hopefully that's not the case. If it is, I sincerely hope the issue is one which can be rectified fairly quickly (prior to first race in Melbourne if not by the second test).

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 02:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The FW42 is set to begin testing after lunch on Wednesday, link:
https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/williams-fw42-testing-debut-delay/4340831/

I wonder if they could do installation lap(s) prior to lunch so they can sort out last minute issues prior to the afternoon session?!

zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 02:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
yamamoto wants win if first 4 races, or (at latetest) in monaco.
vibratitons are still the issue.
https://thejudge13.com/2019/02/20/translated-japanese-honda-reveals-surprising-goals-in-2019/

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 03:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
A Red Bull win in Monaco would be an expected result, IF they build the best chassis for that tight track, as they did last year, AND Honda give them a PU that is only down about 0.5 of a second per lap at Monaco [which is about the deficit they had with Renault last year].

Of course that presupposes that they have a reasonable amount of luck going their way [as they don't have Ricciardo to drive there this year]. It remains to be seen if Verstappen has matured sufficiently to bring the bacon home at such an unforgiving race track as Monaco!

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 04:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:
A Red Bull win in Monaco would be an expected result, IF they build the best chassis for that tight track, as they did last year, AND Honda give them a PU that is only down about 0.5 of a second per lap at Monaco [which is about the deficit they had with Renault last year].

Of course that presupposes that they have a reasonable amount of luck going their way [as they don't have Ricciardo to drive there this year]. It remains to be seen if Verstappen has matured sufficiently to bring the bacon home at such an unforgiving race track as Monaco!


+1

sennaFAN
Profile for sennaFAN
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 06:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Red Bull not been out for a while, still on 18 laps. Really hope the stories of vibrations aren't true.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 06:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Are Torro Rosso experiencing the same issue?
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 06:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
zekohonda wrote:
yamamoto wants win if first 4 races, or (at latetest) in monaco.
vibratitons are still the issue.
https://thejudge13.com/2019/02/20/translated-japanese-honda-reveals-surprising-goals-in-2019/


Nice read; Thanks for sharing.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-20-2019 07:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Just an observation that McLaren and Renault both need to go one tire compound softer in order to set times on parity with their competitors.

 
Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0