[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
More.......................
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
More.......................
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
More.......................
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
More.......................
American Honda reports January sales
More.......................
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
More.......................
Repair and Maintenance --> cylinder #1 running rich.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: FRS/86/BRZ Recall
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: New Honda Envix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Type S In New York?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I found the answer for solving EUs horrible car lineup
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Next gen TLX spied...
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-26-2019 06:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
GoFaster wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
...there is a certain disappointment that they couldn't have stuck closer to the original proposal - it has been universally praised as the best thing from Honda in decades.


I hope it doesn't comeout as a utilitarian EV, but instead has a specialness that the original proposal has. That car with its simpleness everywhere mananged to be great instead of bland. Maybe because the new one looks like an ICE conversion. If you notice Tesla Model 3 has a lower belt line and more glass. It doesn't have an engine and it was designed as such.

Honda needs to consider I see 40 Tesla for every Chevy Bolt, which is mighty similar to what I now see. It looks too much like a normal economy car. I do think the first one would have been a massive hit, as far as EV sales can be.




I suspect it might be as Rolled alludes and the Urban plank might be available with other powertrain options - a global Brio, even?

Yes, one of the reasons Teslas look so good is the mid-engined style scuttle. If legislation hadn't changed, could one imagine D-W, low-scuttle Acuras that looked like Teslas..?

bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 16:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Some slightly more encouraging news, the interior (well, dashboard at least) looks quite adventurous.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-events/frankfurt/2017/honda-urban-ev-concept-previews-all-electric-supermini-at-frankfurt-2017/


TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 16:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fan Koni wrote:
....


But the soon newly introduced global platform would use an IMMA system for the volume hybrids, as such pure EVs would be rather cost effective to derive.

Until then I think these are, nice looking, prototypes.



Did you mean iMMD?

IMA is dead.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 18:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Very obviously channeling the original Civic's interior design.

bigblue wrote:
Some slightly more encouraging news, the interior (well, dashboard at least) looks quite adventurous.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-events/frankfurt/2017/honda-urban-ev-concept-previews-all-electric-supermini-at-frankfurt-2017/




NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 18:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
^ It looks great for sure but also a long reach...
chinofer
Profile for chinofer
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 21:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Enhance!! LOL

It looks we have a hint to the (almost) production model they've spied running around:







briansxr
Profile for briansxr
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-14-2019 03:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply


Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-14-2019 05:38
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Yup, full black roof replaces floating roof shocker. Not...

It IS overall very akin to a Z600/1st-gen Civic, rather than the EV Concept. Which is not in itself a bad thing at all. As long as it's available in weird orange and bright yellow hues.

I think a 1st-gen Accord pastiche might be quite a nice looking thing, too. The DL ought to scale reasonably well. Hondas with four headlights!

Pakos M
Profile for Pakos M
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-15-2019 04:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Thats exactly what Honda needs for the european market. A mini cooper rival since they sold long ago the mini name plate rights. Imagine this car with the Insight drivetrain. Instant success.
On the other hand a rwd 64kwh ev would be interesting. The Korean-German competition is almost there.


GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-15-2019 13:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
floorboard batteries and what looks to be a charming package. My ex-brother-in-law had a 1970s yellow Civic, and this for sure reminds me of that. That's a good thing. I keep reading no plans for North America, and maybe its just an Urban speed type vehicle, but wow its appealing to my eye.


The collectors market hot spot moves forward with those that enter their 50s - 70s, such as 1950s cars are not hot, but muscle cars are. The Civic CVCC was the end of the muscle car era and started the econobox era, so here we go with a retro Honda as we enter the EV era. Nice timing and look. It sure seems like Honda has the chance, once its unmasked, to have something great.

By the way big ugly bumpers that are easy to remove make sense in an Urban environment full of scrapes.

Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-15-2019 14:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
GoFaster wrote:
floorboard batteries and what looks to be a charming package. My ex-brother-in-law had a 1970s yellow Civic, and this for sure reminds me of that. That's a good thing. I keep reading no plans for North America, and maybe its just an Urban speed type vehicle, but wow its appealing to my eye.


The collectors market hot spot moves forward with those that enter their 50s - 70s, such as 1950s cars are not hot, but muscle cars are. The Civic CVCC was the end of the muscle car era and started the econobox era, so here we go with a retro Honda as we enter the EV era. Nice timing and look. It sure seems like Honda has the chance, once its unmasked, to have something great.

By the way big ugly bumpers that are easy to remove make sense in an Urban environment full of scrapes.



My first Honda was a 1977 Civic CVCC. Yellow. When I saw that Dash of the new car, the resemblance struck me like a thunderbolt.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Honda Teases EV Prototype, New Design Language?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-15-2019 14:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Bullwinkle wrote:
GoFaster wrote:
floorboard batteries and what looks to be a charming package. My ex-brother-in-law had a 1970s yellow Civic, and this for sure reminds me of that. That's a good thing. I keep reading no plans for North America, and maybe its just an Urban speed type vehicle, but wow its appealing to my eye.


The collectors market hot spot moves forward with those that enter their 50s - 70s, such as 1950s cars are not hot, but muscle cars are. The Civic CVCC was the end of the muscle car era and started the econobox era, so here we go with a retro Honda as we enter the EV era. Nice timing and look. It sure seems like Honda has the chance, once its unmasked, to have something great.

By the way big ugly bumpers that are easy to remove make sense in an Urban environment full of scrapes.



My first Honda was a 1977 Civic CVCC. Yellow. When I saw that Dash of the new car, the resemblance struck me like a thunderbolt.



My yellow 77 Wagon had power door locks. I could reach them all from the driver's seat.

Not to mention the shag carpeting. Very groovy. Play some Fleetwood Mac on the Pioneer cassette player. Baby!


 
Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0