[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> cylinder #1 running rich.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: FRS/86/BRZ Recall
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: New Honda Envix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Type S In New York?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I found the answer for solving EUs horrible car lineup
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Next gen TLX spied...
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
LudeLeRoy
Profile for LudeLeRoy
The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 10:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

http://www.thedrive.com/news/26324/meet-vandal-one-an-american-made-1200-lb-track-monster-with-a-560-hp-honda-civic-type-r-heart?sfns=mo

(Link not working?)

Time to win the lottery and buy more life insurance !

But in all seriousness - this sounds close to owning an F1 car and must be quite the experience!

Also, if this company can rebuilt the CTR k20c to make 500+ HP and rev to 9100rpm - what's stopping Honda/Acura from doing the same in a future ILX type-S/R? Or better yet in a new mini NSX to "replace" the S2000 as the only RWD Honda sportscar (NSX doesn't count).

Hell Honda should be able to rework the motor to make 400ish HP and rev to 9k hopefully without too much added expense and most all Honda driving enthusiasts would be lining up with money to buy!

qingcong
Profile for qingcong
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 10:34
http://www.thedrive.com/news/26324/meet-vandal-one-an-american-made-1200-lb-track-monster-with-a-560-hp-honda-civic-type-r-heart?sfns=mo
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 10:37
Ariel Atom is also releasing a model with the CTR powerplant. To be honest, if it weren't for the Bosch ECU I think it would be widely adaptable for any vehicle that has a current K-swap.
BG
Profile for BG
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 11:25
The rumour on the 2015 CTR is that Honda engineers already had the k20C mapping at circa 400bhp, but regulations surrounding emissions etc puts a cap on everything.

Niche operators like Ariel etc. can use a limited purpose license to negate these emissions issues.

Honda is just too damn big basically!!

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 13:43
Must be the same reason the Si has been stuck at 200 horsepower or so since 2006.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 14:32

I want the two seater, in red, of course. ;-D

If it's road legal, I'd be fine with the base engine. I mean, that's serious power. There are some roads in California that would make this a gorgeous ride.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 14:41
DCR wrote:
Must be the same reason the Si has been stuck at 200 horsepower or so since 2006.

Which is an interesting thing since it has gone through three engine iterations.

However, the torque has moved up significantly. So, the car is faster but a bit more boring.

After our taxes, I gotta have a serious conversation with my better half about getting a 3rd car. The Clarity FCEV is a fine vehicle, but we've had three H2 supply scares, specially as Toyota flooded the market with those ugly Mirai. And now Hyundai is making a serious effort at a FCEV ( their 2nd gen ). The end result is that at the first hint of supply problems, thousands of Mirai appear out nowhere in line at the pumps. Big ass hassle.

So, since we sold our IMA hybrid and my daughter has full custody of the Coupe Cake, we need a third car. (My son took ownership of his 09 Fit, which he doesn't want give up because it's an extremely rare Sport 5MT Navi -only available in the US for six months).

For ourselves, I can't think of a better extra car than a CTR. However, I don't think she can order one, but I believe she can lease an Si. I don't know.... would I be happy with the Si knowing the CTR exists?

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 20:58
CarPhreakD wrote:
Ariel Atom is also releasing a model with the CTR powerplant. To be honest, if it weren't for the Bosch ECU I think it would be widely adaptable for any vehicle that has a current K-swap.

You can already buy turn key MoTeC applications for the K20C, so if emissions performance isn't required, swaps are pretty easy.

The big limitation of the K20C is the HPFP. There are aftermarket solutions, but they aren't cheap.

SC

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-14-2019 13:48
TonyEX wrote:
I don't know.... would I be happy with the Si knowing the CTR exists?

Exists is one thing, but if you never drive the CTR you will be fine. If you have driven both, not a chance you'll be happy.

Power Of Dreams
Profile for Power Of Dreams
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-14-2019 16:23
Hey Honda, go buy this company and let them design a S2000 replacement.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-14-2019 23:06
DCR wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
I don't know.... would I be happy with the Si knowing the CTR exists?

Exists is one thing, but if you never drive the CTR you will be fine. If you have driven both, not a chance you'll be happy.

It's one of those things.... there is something out there that is within reach, why not get it?

NSXman
Profile for NSXman
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-15-2019 21:31
Isn't that about the same power to weight as the Koenigsegg One:1?

Wasn't that a hp to kg ratio?

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: The Vandal One - track weapon w/CTR heart!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-16-2019 01:07
oh man this thing looks awesome!!! That power to weight ratio!

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0