[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2019 F1 Releases/Launches
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type R bike carrier
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Jenson Button to Run NSX GT3 - Team Rocket

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Dren
Profile for Dren
Jenson Button to Run NSX GT3 - Team Rocket    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2019 11:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Using Brawn GP livery!

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/02/08/welcome-jenson-team-rocket-rjn.html

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Jenson Button to Run NSX GT3 - Team Rocket    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2019 13:25
This is awesome! I'll definitely be following the Blancpain series more closely this year.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Jenson Button to Run NSX GT3 - Team Rocket    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2019 19:14
The colour scheme is obviously in recognition of Button's championship winning year, but to my geriatric eye it really suits the NSX well, and makes the colour schemes they run in the USA look like something from a comic book, not to say stupid and ugly!

Also it's about time Honda, how can you expect to market this type of car in this day and age, without having it at the pointy end of the grid in world GT3 competition?

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: Jenson Button to Run NSX GT3 - Team Rocket    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2019 19:19
Wishing all the best for JB. I watched every SuperGT race last year, it was truly a nail biting season with only a few points separating the first and runner up, a well deserved win for JB.

Kind of confused though about who sets up the car. I read a mention of JAS motorsport involvement but only in passing. Also, is the RJN Button owned?

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Jenson Button to Run NSX GT3 - Team Rocket    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2019 21:19
JAS build the NSX GT3s for sale to individual teams. The teams are responsible for setting the cars up to race. Last year, in an effort to generate some interest in the NSX as no one was even remotely interested in buying one to race, JAS entered a sole entry in the Spa round. To very little effect.

Button is teaming up with the RJN team, who have run Nissan GTRs with reasonable success the the past.

But it will all be for naught if they don't get a LOT of technical back up from Honda. The game they're playing in is a high stakes game for all the "exotics" manufacturers, and factory involvement behind the scenes is crucial, which is one reason I think Honda fails, as they don't seem to give JAS enough factory support, or JAS just aren't up to it?

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: Jenson Button to Run NSX GT3 - Team Rocket    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2019 21:36
sadlerau wrote:
JAS build the NSX GT3s for sale to individual teams. The teams are responsible for setting the cars up to race. Last year, in an effort to generate some interest in the NSX as no one was even remotely interested in buying one to race, JAS entered a sole entry in the Spa round. To very little effect.

Button is teaming up with the RJN team, who have run Nissan GTRs with reasonable success the the past.

But it will all be for naught if they don't get a LOT of technical back up from Honda. The game they're playing in is a high stakes game for all the "exotics" manufacturers, and factory involvement behind the scenes is crucial, which is one reason I think Honda fails, as they don't seem to give JAS enough factory support, or JAS just aren't up to it?

Given JAS mucks around Civics/Accords for decades and now the NSX, they should get factory support... Do they? I don't know, I didn't follow much European racing after BTCC circa 2012.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Jenson Button to Run NSX GT3 - Team Rocket    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-09-2019 03:04
Midi_Amp wrote:

Given JAS mucks around Civics/Accords for decades and now the NSX, they should get factory support... Do they? I don't know, I didn't follow much European racing after BTCC circa 2012.

They are given the right to build the race spec cars on Honda's behalf [so far Civic Rally Car, World Touring Cars and now NSX GT3 race version] but given the lack of championships achieved, well either they're not getting enough support from Honda, or they're not very good at building championship winning cars........

Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: Jenson Button to Run NSX GT3 - Team Rocket    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-10-2019 20:43
Midi_Amp wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

My understanding is that the NSX GT3 program is sponsored by HPD. I know HPD does all the support in the Western Hemisphere. And I am fairly sure that Katherine Legge is supported by HPD, as is Ryan Eversley.

HPD significantly supports the program as well as the CTR racing program. The NSX GT3 has won races in IMSA, and Legge finished second in the IMSA GTD driver's championship last season.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0