[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove a VW Atlas and the new BMW X5...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX > > Re: Impressive overall...

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

LudeLeRoy
Profile for LudeLeRoy
Impressive overall... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 20:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
All things considered (where this car started) I'm actually impressed by your review.

The acceleration of the K24/DCT combo you describe sounds far quicker than I imagined and although I'd personally like the 6speed manual - the DCT sounds great.

Superficially I have to say how impressed I am with the improvements and the effort they made to update a lame duck subpar car near the end of its life. Even though this car is not on my radar - this second attempt at a MMC shows how committed Acura is to improving their lineup and image. There's something very nice and upscale about the trunk lid and integration of the Acura logo.. and the neat thing is it doesn't say "Honda" to me. We all agree Acura needs to do a better job differentiating itself from Honda and this new crop (I'll include this ILX refresh as "new") of vehicles seems to be starting to do that.

Design
Profile for Design
Re: Impressive overall... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-10-2018 12:08
I had a chance to sit in the ILX A-Spec at the LA Auto Show. For the price, it's an impressive package. And I actually liked the dual screen infotainment. I agree with Jeff on the seating position; way too high now that I've been spoiled by the new H-point in the 10th Gen chassis. But I was surprised how much better the ILX looks in person over the photos (and over previous iterations).

It's intrigued me enough to want to do a test drive.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: Impressive overall... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-16-2018 21:41
Design wrote:
I had a chance to sit in the ILX A-Spec at the LA Auto Show. For the price, it's an impressive package. And I actually liked the dual screen infotainment. I agree with Jeff on the seating position; way too high now that I've been spoiled by the new H-point in the 10th Gen chassis. But I was surprised how much better the ILX looks in person over the photos (and over previous iterations).

It's intrigued me enough to want to do a test drive.

This is my issue with Acura’s. Sure, I’m all about value for money but that shouldn’t be the number 1 factor in an Acura purchase. Having a better executed application with a bump in base price, more drivetrain options and a performance oriented Type-S model would increase the pricing structure yet still be cheaper than its European luxury competitors. The reduced price on the current car made complete sense as it was overpriced and under delivered from the beginning.

Design
Profile for Design
Re: Impressive overall... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-17-2018 11:48
It makes sense if they are trying to get younger buyers into the brand. At least on the current platform. And at least now, MSRP is more in line with the perceived value. That seems to have been the #1 gripe in both mag and user reviews (followed closely by driving dynamics).

Most of us agree that this is simply a low budget holdover until they can get a properly executed next gen platform/powertrain out the door. I guess we'll see in two years...

Archknight77
Profile for Archknight77
Re: Impressive overall... [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2019 10:56
It's a nice looking car and the Diamond Pentagon grille looks great on this application. However, I hope that this is only around for a year or so (2019.5 at most) after Acura announces the new TLX. The entry level market will become saturated quickly by the Germans, especially MB with two entries in the segment and will be joined by BMW with the new 2 series gran coupe. Luckily, it's been selling well overall on an old platform, but by the middle to the end of the year with the new models arriving, this little ride will likely go back to being unrecognized.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0