[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports December Sales
More.......................
American Honda Reports November Sales
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
General Talk --> Suzuki Grand Vitara experience?
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord back in the family
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: My talk with Honda's Motorsports Boss
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Toyota Supra
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: BMW trying to out ugly Lexus
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Cars for a mid life crisis
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Honda's new marking word - "Spay-flu"
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Incomplete recall
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Documentary - the true price of electric mobility
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Non-Type S ?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Torque Capacity of 10 Speed Auto
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: ICE to FCEV "engine" swap
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Hondata Flashpro for 2019 RDX
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Civic 8th gen engine swap
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: I have an RDX service loaner
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Accord > > Re: Accord 2.0 Touring: Additional Impressions

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
CB77
Profile for CB77
Accord 2.0 Touring: Additional Impressions    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-11-2018 11:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

Some more observations (and a question at the end) on my new Accord 2.0T Touring, after 6 weeks and 2900 miles:

> Getting more used to the 2.0T engine...plenty of power and minimal turbo lag. Still not crazy about the exhaust note, but I guess that's just a fetish of mine.

> Minimal gas mileage improvement over my G9 V6: 22-24 in town...31-33 on a 1,000 mile trip. No real improvement over my V6 FE...that was promised as the advantage of going Turbo. Some here have suggested improved mileage as I get more miles on the car. Perhaps. As Trump likes to say "We will see".

> The GPS was better on my G9 Accord...and better yet on my G8 Accord. We are sliding in the wrong direction.

> The Honda Sensing features are sometimes amusing, but largely unnecessary, and likely to be a source of great headaches when they start failing. Honda is obviously gaining experience for their self-driving car, with the lane-keeping feature on this car. Works pretty well with clean, freshly painted road stripes...not at all with faded stripes. That is a problem that I can't see how can be overcome in a self-driving car. The lawyers are rubbing their hands together in great anticipation.

> The Adaptive Cruise Control works well and is nice to have.

> I sorely miss the rear-view camera on the right-hand rear view mirror. It was MUCH better and safer than the Honda Sensing feature that replaced it.

> The "No gas cap" feature, which I thought was just a gimmick, is nice.

> The rain-sensing wipers are of marginal use. I would prefer a totally manual system.

> Getting more used to the styling...now when I see my old G9 in traffic, it looks stodgy and outdated. Still not crazy about the tail lights.

> I am really liking this car.

> The cheesy, "black gauze" floor mats are a continual irritant for me...Honda, there has to be a better, less obvious place to cut costs. Some here have suggested that I replace them with aftermarket mats, which I think I will do.

Anyone have suggestions for a good on-line source for new mats?

Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: Accord 2.0 Touring: Additional Impressions    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-11-2018 12:46
Id go for WeatherTech mats from WeatherTech.com, or for the Honda all-seasons, start at colleghillshonda.com or one of the other online Honda parts houses.
Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: Accord 2.0 Touring: Additional Impressions    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-11-2018 12:54
The more I hear about the auto-wipers, the more I wish Honda would provide an option in the setup menu to revert the system to normal delay operation if you wish.
towncaptain
Profile for towncaptain
Re: Accord 2.0 Touring: Additional Impressions    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-11-2018 13:09
CB77 wrote:

Some more observations (and a question at the end) on my new Accord 2.0T Touring, after 6 weeks and 2900 miles:

> Getting more used to the 2.0T engine...plenty of power and minimal turbo lag. Still not crazy about the exhaust note, but I guess that's just a fetish of mine.

> Minimal gas mileage improvement over my G9 V6: 22-24 in town...31-33 on a 1,000 mile trip. No real improvement over my V6 FE...that was promised as the advantage of going Turbo. Some here have suggested improved mileage as I get more miles on the car. Perhaps. As Trump likes to say "We will see".

> The GPS was better on my G9 Accord...and better yet on my G8 Accord. We are sliding in the wrong direction.

> The Honda Sensing features are sometimes amusing, but largely unnecessary, and likely to be a source of great headaches when they start failing. Honda is obviously gaining experience for their self-driving car, with the lane-keeping feature on this car. Works pretty well with clean, freshly painted road stripes...not at all with faded stripes. That is a problem that I can't see how can be overcome in a self-driving car. The lawyers are rubbing their hands together in great anticipation.

> The Adaptive Cruise Control works well and is nice to have.

> I sorely miss the rear-view camera on the right-hand rear view mirror. It was MUCH better and safer than the Honda Sensing feature that replaced it.

> The "No gas cap" feature, which I thought was just a gimmick, is nice.

> The rain-sensing wipers are of marginal use. I would prefer a totally manual system.

> Getting more used to the styling...now when I see my old G9 in traffic, it looks stodgy and outdated. Still not crazy about the tail lights.

> I am really liking this car.

> The cheesy, "black gauze" floor mats are a continual irritant for me...Honda, there has to be a better, less obvious place to cut costs. Some here have suggested that I replace them with aftermarket mats, which I think I will do.

Anyone have suggestions for a good on-line source for new mats?

Give the turbo some time to break in and you will see more improvements in gas mileage. If you really wanted to save on gas, the 1.5t was the way to go. Big difference between it vs K24 or the 2.0t.
Floor mats, I tend to stay away from Weathertech because theyre a bit pricier. I go with Huskyliners or 3DMaxpider

CB77
Profile for CB77
Re: Accord 2.0 Touring: Additional Impressions    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-11-2018 13:53

Thanks for the mat suppliers suggestions, I will check them out.

Regarding gas mileage...yeah, if I wanted high FE, I should have gone with the 1.5T...but I just couldn't drop back to that small of an engine, after the V6. Plus, I am not really that FE obsessed. It just is a little irritating that the Turbo route is pushed by all the makers (not just Honda) as being the way to higher FE...and it really is not. At least not in real-world driving, too hard to stay out of the boost. But, Turbos are good at fooling the EPA test cycle.

chhan02
Profile for chhan02
Re: Accord 2.0 Touring: Additional Impressions    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-11-2018 13:59
I've done a lot of research outside of WeatherTech (expensive and weren't available at the time) before purchasing mats for my parents.

If you're all about OEM:
OEM All Season Floor Mats for $108.30 - Looks like they are high walls too. Good price.
https://www.handa-accessories.com/accord18.html

If you want more coverage:

SMARTLINER
I got this brand for my parents' 2018 Pilot. They work well and fit perfectly. The material is similar to WeatherTech. Hard, but durable, easy to clean, and surprisingly not slippery. It is flat underneath (no cleats).
https://www.amazon.com/SMARTLINER-Floor-Liner-Black-Accord/dp/B07D2M8MX7/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544553131&sr=8-3&keywords=2018+accord+floor+mats#customerReviews

Husky Liners
This brand is a bit more expensive. Softer, more rubbery materials versus the hard plastic. The bottom has cleats so it prevents movement. More expensive, but still cheaper than WeatherTech.
https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-95741-Black-Accord/dp/B07CHBN6S9/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1544553642&sr=8-4&keywords=2018+accord+floor+mats

Comparison video material wise (SMARTLINER is very similar to the WeatherTech):

CB77
Profile for CB77
Re: Accord 2.0 Touring: Additional Impressions    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-11-2018 14:12
chhan02 wrote:
I've done a lot of research outside of WeatherTech (expensive and weren't available at the time) before purchasing mats for my parents.

If you're all about OEM:
OEM All Season Floor Mats for $108.30 - Looks like they are high walls too. Good price.
https://www.handa-accessories.com/accord18.html

If you want more coverage:

SMARTLINER
I got this brand for my parents' 2018 Pilot. They work well and fit perfectly. The material is similar to WeatherTech. Hard, but durable, easy to clean, and surprisingly not slippery. It is flat underneath (no cleats).
https://www.amazon.com/SMARTLINER-Floor-Liner-Black-Accord/dp/B07D2M8MX7/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544553131&sr=8-3&keywords=2018+accord+floor+mats#customerReviews

Husky Liners
This brand is a bit more expensive. Softer, more rubbery materials versus the hard plastic. The bottom has cleats so it prevents movement. More expensive, but still cheaper than WeatherTech.
https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-95741-Black-Accord/dp/B07CHBN6S9/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1544553642&sr=8-4&keywords=2018+accord+floor+mats

Comparison video material wise (SMARTLINER is very similar to the WeatherTech):

Thanks for the research...I will check these out. I know that WeatherTech stuff is very good. But I am sort of leaning to just a more luxurious, thicker, carpet-type of floor mat. As I live in Texas, the ability of the mats to deal with snowy boots is not really a concern. Maybe only 1 small snowfall each winter, some winters not even that. A good thing, cause everyone goes crazy trying to drive in it...pickups careening every direction, still trying to drive 80. Ha!

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0